IGNORED

Duggar Family Part 6

happy atheist

I was watching 14 children and pregnant again today. I noticed that Jana was not featured. The only thing she is shown talking about are her jurisdictions. I did not notice her beyond that. I wonder if she was having struggles at that age with her life.

What struggles is Jana having with her life?

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What struggles is Jana having with her life?

She has talked a lot about resenting family members. I can't imagine why *cough* (Michelle) *cough*.

She has talked a lot about resenting family members. I can't imagine why *cough* (Michelle) *cough*.

She resents Jessa cuz she was picking on her and Mullet made Jana give Jessa her jewelry box instead of disciplining her. When Jana talked about it at a Gothard conference she got really teary eyed and Jessa looked pissed off.

Maybe she didnt like the idea of being on TV at first. Jana seems like quite a quiet person.

Jana and Josh were featured in the first couple of specials. They may be the most charismatic or the ones who drank the most koolaid.

She resents Jessa cuz she was picking on her and Mullet made Jana give Jessa her jewelry box instead of disciplining her. When Jana talked about it at a Gothard conference she got really teary eyed and Jessa looked pissed off.

She is also the oldest girl. I am sure a large part of the house work/ child care burden has fallen on her.

Where's FMJ? I'm dying to hear her report about the rummage sale. Were they friendly or forced? Did they have kool-aid available? Gothard tracts or Comfort million dollar bills inserted in each object they sold? :roll:

Nosy-ass minds want to know!

Where's FMJ? I'm dying to hear her report about the rummage sale. Were they friendly or forced? Did they have kool-aid available? Gothard tracts or Comfort million dollar bills inserted in each object they sold? :roll:

Nosy-ass minds want to know!

Isn't it next Saturday?

Potential episode titles for this upcoming season.

1. "Duggars Help Others". The Duggars help a garage sale to help ACH's NICU. The place that saved Josie's life. She was treated by a male dr. and did fine. See, Duggars? Males can do anything that females can, and they're ok as doctors.

2. "Duggars Do DC". The Duggars go to DC to visit Smugger, Anna, and the three M's. They forget a child and leave them with Smugger and Anna. That child goes on to flourish.

She is also the oldest girl. I am sure a large part of the house work/ child care burden has fallen on her.

I do remember the jewelry box incident but that was when she was a young child - I don't get the feeling at all that she is struggling or unhappy. At least, not from we've seen on the show and that's really all we have to go on. Jana appears to be quiet by nature and to me, at least, the most caring, kind and giving of the Duggar girls. Yes, my favorite Duggar!

I think that was for the drop off the other day, but that she would be able to get to the rummage sale. Then again, I've been wrong before (obviously). :D

Oh, TWiT Howard at TWoP gave me a "warning" for posting that pic of the Bateses taping. I PMed the idiot back that there's a picture option on the posting window, so I thought it was okay. Those asswipes will look for any excuse to slap wrists/abuse their power.

Crazy times at TWoP. If they don't want pictures, then why not disable the option. I'm surprised no one has been slapped for talking about the Bates family so extensively on the Duggar thread.

Potential episode titles for this upcoming season.

1. "Duggars Help Others". The Duggars help a garage sale to help ACH's NICU. The place that saved Josie's life. She was treated by a male dr. and did fine. See, Duggars? Males can do anything that females can, and they're ok as doctors.

2. "Duggars Do DC". The Duggars go to DC to visit Smugger, Anna, and the three M's. They forget a child and leave them with Smugger and Anna. That child goes on to flourish.

There already was an episode called Duggars Do DC

But some of those museums may teach about evolution *gasp!* or liberals that were actually good *gasp!* or strong women *gasp!* ( note: I don't know much about the museums, so I don't know how many museums teach about evolution, good liberals, or strong women ). The Duggars can't have their kids learning about such evil stuff!

In the Museum of Natural History, they would see dinosaur skeletons and learn about evolution. The Museum of American History has Julia Child's kitchen, a Greensboro lunch counter where sit-ins occurred 50 years ago or so, a display on the Red Crosswith Clara Barton's ambulance, and did have an original copy of the Gettysburg Address on loan from the White House. The preserved flag that flew over Ft McHenry, the original "Star Spangled Banner" is also there. Julia was a strong independent woman who married late (and happily, too), had no children and was a liberal. The sit-ins were a vital action in the civil rights movement, and Clara Barton was pretty independent, too. She never married, was a suffragist, always worked, and may have had a relationship with a married man. Oh, and she was a Universalist,too.

Crazy times at TWoP. If they don't want pictures, then why not disable the option. I'm surprised no one has been slapped for talking about the Bates family so extensively on the Duggar thread.

i hate TWoP, the mod is overly strict. just when the conversations on there get interesting, along comes the mod and "you have to stop this, or i'll close the thread" :snooty:

But some of those museums may teach about evolution *gasp!* or liberals that were actually good *gasp!* or strong women *gasp!* ( note: I don't know much about the museums, so I don't know how many museums teach about evolution, good liberals, or strong women ). The Duggars can't have their kids learning about such evil stuff!

Guarantee you that the Duggars don't know anything about the museums either. Therefore they will not take their children anywhere that they might be exposed to non-fundie ideas (aka facts).

Several of the posters on here who grew up in Gothard households talk about disassociation as a coping mechanism. For me, the jury is still out on whether Jana has drunk the Kool Aid. Her vacant looks and limited comments when she is on camera could be disassociation. I wouldn't be at all surprised if being the oldest daughter in this ridiculously large family hasn't soured her on having children period, let alone wanting to beat her mother in the reproduction department.

In the Museum of Natural History, they would see dinosaur skeletons and learn about evolution. The Museum of American History has Julia Child's kitchen, a Greensboro lunch counter where sit-ins occurred 50 years ago or so, a display on the Red Crosswith Clara Barton's ambulance, and did have an original copy of the Gettysburg Address on loan from the White House. The preserved flag that flew over Ft McHenry, the original "Star Spangled Banner" is also there. Julia was a strong independent woman who married late (and happily, too), had no children and was a liberal. The sit-ins were a vital action in the civil rights movement, and Clara Barton was pretty independent, too. She never married, was a suffragist, always worked, and may have had a relationship with a married man. Oh, and she was a Universalist,too.

Thanks! I went to Washington DC around ten years or so ago and I don't remember much about the specific museums I went to.

I hope TLC pushes them into at LEAST one Smithsonian OTHER than Air and Space. Something cultural.

Several of the posters on here who grew up in Gothard households talk about disassociation as a coping mechanism. For me, the jury is still out on whether Jana has drunk the Kool Aid. Her vacant looks and limited comments when she is on camera could be disassociation. I wouldn't be at all surprised if being the oldest daughter in this ridiculously large family hasn't soured her on having children period, let alone wanting to beat her mother in the reproduction department.

I have two alternating takes on Jana.

1. She dissociates or has adult ADD. Either way, she's off somewhere in her mind. We've heard Jana was a hyperactive child, and we've seen the howlers; we know what's in the family gene pool. Also, Cousin Amy doesn't seem to have much of an attention span, either.

2. Jana is paying attention to what's going on around her but has managed to put herself above it all. I got that feeling during the Weight Watchers episode and at other times where she acted like an adult while Jim Bob and Michelle acted like irresponsible children. In effect, Jana is psychologically older than her parents and knows it.

Or it could be both #1 and #2.

I wasn't feeling well today so I watched "On the Road with 16 Children" to pass the time. Was really surprised they went to Disneyland. I would think see Jasmine would be defrauding... Among other things.

Archived