IGNORED

Duggar Family Part 6

happy atheist

About the Museum of American History - if I remember correctly, right across from Julia Child's kitchen was a whole window about LGBT history! I still have some pictures of it. (Granted, I was there 4 years ago and it might not be there anymore.)

post-6068-14451998180438_thumb.jpg

post-6068-14451998181223_thumb.jpg

post-6068-14451998181463_thumb.jpg

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Btw, Sarah Pope is also going to the flea market Duggar thing, according to her Facebook. Which makes sense because her son was in the NICU with Josie.

Didn't Anna say she made a conviction not to date or get engaged until she was 20? It made me believe the Kellers were a bit more liberal in their circles. Regardless I don't see any of the Duggar kids having double digit kids. My guess is Josh and Anna will stop around 5 or 6 once they realize how challenging taking care of them can be without helpers or a show.

You know, when I was 20, I wanted to be married by 24. I am 29 and still not married. While I would love to get married right now, I also want to own a home and live out on my own. Weddings are expensive and I'd rather have a house than a piece of paper, and it'll happen when it happens. My boyfriend and I both want to get married, but there's really no rush.

We are planning to get married. We're going for a small, intimate wedding and a huge, splendid honeymoon. We're going to let people know that we are married by sending out postcard and a fine bottle of wine, but that's it. Splurging on huge weddings and feeding 300 people is just not what we want to do.

I think my plan will be get married at a courthouse first, then have a small, intimate dinner at a nice restaurant. I'll splurge on a honeymoon.

I think my plan will be get married at a courthouse first, then have a small, intimate dinner at a nice restaurant. I'll splurge on a honeymoon.

That is exactly what my husband and I did.... And the 25 guests we invited loved it! Small and intimate yet elegant. When I was younger I dreamed of a big wedding, but when I got older I realized that wasn't what I wanted. And it wasn't even the money. I just didn't want 100+ people dragging me all over the place all night.

It really throws me off how fundies like the Malleys, Duggars, and even XGay & Dede use the term "witness", so much so that I had to go google it and read some "Christian" definitions of it to understand what it meant. I imagined they were out witnessing the world, observing all the sins in it, rather than sharing their "testimonies" of how they have "witnessed" JC. Seems like an attempt to proselytize under a different term.

I am still not married in my 50s but once I hit 25 I decided that if I ever got married there would be no big wedding. Small, intimate ceremony with close family and a big reception after we came back after our honeymoon. Best of all worlds IMO but then I was never into the idea of an expensive, big wedding and could care less about a dress you spend a fortune on and wear once.

I hate how they use these children as propaganda.

+ 1,

and I'm sorry for the crowd who had to listen to them sing. Thankfully no violins were in sight!

On other note, I really really love Jinger's blouse and that colourful shoulder bag (probably from one of those frequent trips to South America to "witness"). And in the second photo Jana seems to smile more genuinely than she has for years. I hope that's the case. As for JD and those scissors... it's totally in tune with the previous safety concerns the Duggars have been ignoring. Hiking and climbing a rock wall in flip flops, cleaning after a tornado in flip flops, cutting huge trees with little kids swarming around, toddlers hanging from the stairs, kids cutting grass almost barefoot... God provides and takes care! Hallelujah! :pray:

I'm an amateur violinist. That said, ouch. I play better than most of the kids and I've been playing for seven and a half months.

Does anyone else find it creepy that almost all of them play the violin? It's like a Stepford orchestra or something.

That is exactly what my husband and I did.... And the 25 guests we invited loved it! Small and intimate yet elegant. When I was younger I dreamed of a big wedding, but when I got older I realized that wasn't what I wanted. And it wasn't even the money. I just didn't want 100+ people dragging me all over the place all night.

My parents did the same. A small wedding. No fancy dresses or anything. They splurged on a honeymoon in Mexico.

According to cousin Amy, she will be there in the dunk booth. And now commenters are commenting on if they are doing this on the sabbath and it's up for debate as to whether sat or sun is the sabbath....

It really throws me off how fundies like the Malleys, Duggars, and even XGay & Dede use the term "witness", so much so that I had to go google it and read some "Christian" definitions of it to understand what it meant. I imagined they were out witnessing the world, observing all the sins in it, rather than sharing their "testimonies" of how they have "witnessed" JC. Seems like an attempt to proselytize under a different term.

"Sharing", in this context, is another popular term used for them imposing their experiences and beliefs on others (who may not be listening voluntarily) while acting like they have the right and are doing you a favor.

You know, when I was 20, I wanted to be married by 24. I am 29 and still not married. While I would love to get married right now, I also want to own a home and live out on my own. Weddings are expensive and I'd rather have a house than a piece of paper, and it'll happen when it happens. My boyfriend and I both want to get married, but there's really no rush.

According to Sunshine Mary you'll be an elderslut next year, and any subsequent marriage is doomed to failure.

"Sharing", in this context, is another popular term used for them imposing their experiences and beliefs on others (who may not be listening voluntarily) while acting like they have the right and are doing you a favor.

If they sharing is one-sided, not a 2-way-street, it's pretty much stalking. Just like sharing sexual thoughts with a non-consenting other party. Or even practicing courses of conduct directed at other people who want to be no part of the conversation that is being forced upon them. Whether they, the other party is a bystander out of politeness or intimidation or out of fear of losing their job or anything, forceful sharing is stalking.

In short: a crime of power of crime and control, just like domestic violence, sexual harassment, oppression, and even if it's quasi "only verbal", it's still harassment, and it's about power and control, and a game of egos that was initiated by the offender, and the other party had no initiative in getting involved.

I'm going. I will go and take pictures and tell you guys everything. I will also keep my baby strapped to me so Michelle doesn't steal her lol.

Maybe I will see Proverbs Mom too lol

I would pay good money for you to go up to Michelle and ask her what services Josie is getting for her obvious delays.

According to cousin Amy, she will be there in the dunk booth. And now commenters are commenting on if they are doing this on the sabbath and it's up for debate as to whether sat or sun is the sabbath....

OMG I GET TO DUNK AMY!?

JD's scissors could be of the EMT/Paramedic variety, especially given his background. DH has several pairs of these around the house, and they might be perfect for cutting jeans off an injured person, but they're crap for almost anything else. There are no pointed ends (just rounded ones) with kind of a built in guard. They're harmless unless you open them up and stick a finger in them.

Of course. Think I could request to dunk Jim Bob instead? Sounds like more fun

Pretend to have terrible aim and shoot for the face/groin

You guys, I bought flip flops for this most momentous occasion. I hope you all appreciate the blisters my feet will get from the thing that holds your foot in.

I am picking a fundie outfit... I shall post a pic shortly

You guys, I bought flip flops for this most momentous occasion. I hope you all appreciate the blisters my feet will get from the thing that holds your foot in.

I am picking a fundie outfit... I shall post a pic shortly

Do you have a jean skirt?

Archived