IGNORED

It's time for what some would call a vacation!

WonderingInWA

OMG! A sighting has just been stumbled upon of which I dare not share without a spoiler.

The DEVIL has touched hearts on this vacation...

maxwellwomencopy_zpsea4caecb.jpg

I cannot be forced to part with my source of which I have spent much no time corroborating that it is genuine.

OK. This is the part where I died.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, don't get defrauded or anything, but in that first picture of Mary at Costco, she's wearing contrasting buttons!!! What a hussy! These Maxwell's are really getting crazay!

Guys, don't get defrauded or anything, but in that first picture of Mary at Costco, she's wearing contrasting buttons!!! What a hussy! These Maxwell's are really getting crazay!

Holy crap! Not only are there contrasting buttons down the front, but there are two pockets with buttons too! In the boobular region, no less. A godly young man could be driven to lustful thoughts, imagining they might be, GASP! nipples.

Steve is either getting desperate to sell the goods or he's really slipping in the headship department.

ETA riffles 'n stuff

[list=]

Holy crap! Not only are there contrasting buttons down the front, but there are two pockets with buttons too! In the boobular region, no less. A godly young man could be driven to lustful thoughts, imaging they might be, GASP! nipples.

Steve is either getting desperate to sell the goods or he's really slipping in the headship department.

Booby Buttons! What is next? Pot is legal in Colorado now. Just sayin'.

Heh. That I could get behind ;)

Me, too. He could finish my master bathroom, the walls of which look like they've got leprosy as I can't get all the nasty old wallpaper off. Then he could paint my kitchen cabinets, which are 30 years old so you can just imagine. And then, a new kitchen floor, the old one of which is also 30 years old. That's just the start--I could keep that boy busy for a long, long time. ;)

Booby Buttons! What is next? Pot is legal in Colorado now. Just sayin'.

Maybe that explains the beards.

OMG! A sighting has just been stumbled upon of which I dare not share without a spoiler.

I cannot be forced to part with my source of which I have spent much no time corroborating that it is genuine.

Oh. My. God. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flipping thru those pix from the most recent posts. Those are the nicest things they can think to say about Terri & Mary for their birthdays??

"you exude the joy of Jesus"? Like does she need more deodorant? This is another statement that should be nominated for a post count.

Steve- you're only 62, but my dad is nearly 2 years older than you & looks way younger. But he does the sinful yoga, so I guess we know what you'd prefer to do. PS- 1997 called & they want the belt-clipped cell phone back.

May you have a blessed evening rejoicing in Jesus

QG

:worship:

I bow before your brilliance. One of the best LOLs ever.

Is it me or did Anna look an awful lot like Teri pushing that cart? Maybe it was the defeated slump to the shoulders.

The photo of Teri with Steve on her birthday post looks very breasty by any standards for a middle aged woman, I can't imagine what Steve is thinking to post it online. You can clearly see that Teri has a lovely figure and nice, rather large, breasts.

So I didn't know much about the Joseph/Elizabeth courtship and how recent it was til this thread and I just went back to those posts a year ago and it's crazy how nearly identical they are, with the trips to Colorado and such. A year ago there were pictures of them diligently packing, a year later there they are again. A year ago there were trips to Costo with meal plans for blessed burritos and enchiladas, a year later there they are again, since I imagine they're not eating year old enchiladas. Reaching the summit of a 14-er, celebrating the same birthdays, taking the same pictures - it's beyond dejavu how these peoples' lives stay the same.

Also, I don't get the whole thing of celebrating a birthday a few weeks before it actually happens, especially when the party is so simple they could easily just do it in a different place like Colorado where they have a full kitchen and living room and all. In my Russian culture it's bad luck to celebrate birthdays before they actually happen, and in my American culture it just seems dumb.

So I didn't know much about the Joseph/Elizabeth courtship and how recent it was til this thread and I just went back to those posts a year ago and it's crazy how nearly identical they are, with the trips to Colorado and such. A year ago there were pictures of them diligently packing, a year later there they are again. A year ago there were trips to Costo with meal plans for blessed burritos and enchiladas, a year later there they are again, since I imagine they're not eating year old enchiladas. Reaching the summit of a 14-er, celebrating the same birthdays, taking the same pictures - it's beyond dejavu how these peoples' lives stay the same.

Also, I don't get the whole thing of celebrating a birthday a few weeks before it actually happens, especially when the party is so simple they could easily just do it in a different place like Colorado where they have a full kitchen and living room and all. In my Russian culture it's bad luck to celebrate birthdays before they actually happen, and in my American culture it just seems dumb.

Yep, it's all wash/rinse/repeat with the Maxwells. Which is why this facial hair gig is so defrauding and surprising. They love routine (which is the foundation of their empire) so when they live on the edge in any way, it throws everyone for a loop. And you're right -- the simple birthday parties could be held in the front seat of the van in a Walmart parking lot.

So place your bets the grandchildren arrive soon and they go to feed those wee animal things?

So place your bets the grandchildren arrive soon and they go to feed those wee animal things?

Yes indeed-- grandchildren will arrive, wee animal things will be fed, very soon now.

The one thing that will change is the grandchildren will have grown! I look forward to pictures of them. How sad that's the big difference year to year. Will a sandwich get snatched by wildlife again?

The one thing that will change is the grandchildren will have grown! I look forward to pictures of them. How sad that's the big difference year to year. Will a sandwich get snatched by wildlife again?

Oh, I'd quite forgotten about the sandwich debacle! Good memory! No, there will be some other comic incident to make the headlines. Wouldn't it be fantastic if one of the canoes capsized? Not with one of the grandchildren in it, of course, but maybe one of the older girls in their denim skirts getting a chance to demonstrate their excellent survival skills. Oh, and probably also conversationalist skills in the form of "Help!".

ETA: "older" girls -- to make sure no one thinks I think it would be funny in any way if a canoe carrying those cute little girls of Nathan and Melanie capsized!

All this talk of meaningless, adminispeak jargon reminds me of my favorite moment from the book "Bellwether," by Connie Willis:

1. Optimize potential

2.Facilitate empowerment

3. Implement visioning

4. Strategize priorities

5. Augment core structures

I was slowly getting caught up on this thread, but then I read this part and my brain fell out my ear.

Chapeau, Marian the Librarian! I want to use the above with my composition students this semester and see if we can rewrite it together in less eye-glazing prose.

Oh, I'd quite forgotten about the sandwich debacle! Good memory! No, there will be some other comic incident to make the headlines. Wouldn't it be fantastic if one of the canoes capsized? Not with one of the grandchildren in it, of course, but maybe one of the older girls in their denim skirts getting a chance to demonstrate their excellent survival skills. Oh, and probably also conversationalist skills in the form of "Help!".

ETA: "older" girls -- to make sure no one thinks I think it would be funny in any way if a canoe carrying those cute little girls of Nathan and Melanie capsized!

Better yet a canoe capsizes not with the kids, the girls or Terri, but with Steve aboard.

Is it me or did Anna look an awful lot like Teri pushing that cart? Maybe it was the defeated slump to the shoulders.

I thought it was Teri as well, but did a double-take and realized it was Anna. They sure do look alike.

I was slowly getting caught up on this thread, but then I read this part and my brain fell out my ear.

Chapeau, Marian the Librarian! I want to use the above with my composition students this semester and see if we can rewrite it together in less eye-glazing prose.

Great - I look forward to seeing the results!

:lol:

Archived