IGNORED

It's time for what some would call a vacation!

WonderingInWA

Virtually all GPS I've been around allow the user to select the voice. Several options both male and female.

I'm assuming their iPhones are Siri-less. after all, she might give directions to men, which is NOT ALLOWED. Perhaps there's a fundie version of Siri, which responds to requests by quoting the Bible and reminding anyone asking for driving directions that they are going to HELL when they die.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, what is up with the stubble? Next thing you know, the boys will be caught wearing shorts. And the girls will be wearing flip flops."

My guess is that they think it makes them look more rugged and might help them land a wife in the mountains of Colorado.

Either that or they're competing to see who has the most facial hair at the end of the vacation. And Steve-o allows this competition because it doesn't take time away from work or Bible Study. There's nothing they can do to practice or work on it, simply just not shave. I'm sure it has been hilariously entertaining for the family.

If they're not shaving, they should have MORE time for work and Bible Study, so this is a win/win! And maybe they have discovered through this process that shaving has become an idol.

I dare someone to ask on the blog about the shaving thing!

It has been put onto my heart to accept your sweet request.

Just a side note: while reading this thread, i'm getting banner ads for vacations in Atlantic City and for travel insurance.

I think GodGooglebot may be trying to make recommendations for future Maxwell what-some-might-call-vacations.

Just a side note: while reading this thread, i'm getting banner ads for vacations in Atlantic City and for travel insurance.

I think God Googlebot may be trying to make recommendations for future Maxwell what-some-might-call-vacations.

Ohhh, they would have a lot of sinners to accost in Atlantic City! Could be a Sweet Journey, for sure! And, they could write off the costs (including gambling expenses) as business expenses and "research" for their next book, "Saving the Sinful Sinners".

It has been put onto my heart to accept your sweet request.

LOL -- taking one for the team, johnhugh! I can't wait to see it!!!!!eleventy!!!!!!

LOL -- taking one for the team, johnhugh! I can't wait to see it!!!!!eleventy!!!!!!

I'll wait until we have the first blog report of a hike, where I'm sure there will be plenty of pics of the boys beards. Just hope google comes up with a bible verse about facial hair!

There's always that verse in Leviticus about not shaving - it's the one that's led to the traditional Jewish sidecurls haircut on boys (they have no beards to not shave, but can grow out the sideburns to not "round their heads" or whatever it is). Perhaps that can be worked in somehow?

I went hiking today! This is all true and I will tell it in Sarah speak...

Hello godly people! Today we had Family Fun Day. Every August, me, my kids, my siblings, their kids, and my parents pick a different beach to go to and spend the day at. Well this beach had hiking trails, a camp site, wildlife observation, hundreds of acres, and a geology section! We packed our average Family Fun Day foods. We brought pepperoni breads, spinach breads, chicken parmigiana subs, eggplant parmigiana subs, fruits, smoked mozz, fresh mozz, veggies, chips, pretzels, doritos, fritos, cookies, cakes, soda, water, and bottled iced teas. We are Italian, therefore, we are gluttons.

After being on the beach for about an hour, I decided that we were all going to go on a hike! No one wanted to go, but I whined until I got my way. We proceeded to hike in bathing suits or shorts, and flip flops or other beach appropriate sandals. My sister, who has gotten Lyme disease twice in the past, yelled with every step she took. "I'm gonna get bit by a tick, "I'm gonna get bit by a tick, "I'm gonna get bit by a tick, "I'm gonna get bit by a tick..." She was being a Negative Nancy if you ask me. My daughter, who has a fear of spiders, had numerous outbursts of "AHHHHHHHH IT'S A SPIDER, SOMEONE KILL IT!" My father, who is a diabetic, had to add his two cents in letting us all know that he is a diabetic and he had to eat. The rest of the peanut gallery either wanted to swim or sun bathe and repeatedly let it be known.

After what seemed like an eternity of hiking to them, which was only about 20 minutes, another sister proclaimed "This hiking shit is for the birds. I'm going back to the beach." Everyone abandoned me in the geology section while I was trying to stuff rocks and minerals in the pockets of my shorts. Although the website said not to leave with the rocks, there were no signs stating such, and various family members said it was okay because we shouldn't believe everything we read on the internet. I rejoined the crazy family to find my mother feeding the life guards, my father holding a baby that did not belong to any of us, my son analyzing my sister's body for ticks, and various family members complaining that hiking cut into their tanning time. Ah, what a warm feeling. I was in the midst of my loving family. It was a wonderful day!

Love,

theologygeek

Hello godly people! Today we had Family Fun Day. Every August, me, my kids, my siblings, their kids, and my parents pick a different beach to go to and spend the day at. Well this beach had hiking trails, a camp site, wildlife observation, hundreds of acres, and a geology section! We packed our average Family Fun Day foods. We brought pepperoni breads, spinach breads, chicken parmigiana subs, eggplant parmigiana subs, fruits, smoked mozz, fresh mozz, veggies, chips, pretzels, doritos, fritos, cookies, cakes, soda, water, and bottled iced teas. We are Italian, therefore, we are gluttons.

After being on the beach for about an hour, I decided that we were all going to go on a hike! No one wanted to go, but I whined until I got my way. We proceeded to hike in bathing suits or shorts, and flip flops or other beach appropriate sandals. My sister, who has gotten Lyme disease twice in the past, yelled with every step she took. "I'm gonna get bit by a tick, "I'm gonna get bit by a tick, "I'm gonna get bit by a tick, "I'm gonna get bit by a tick..." She was being a Negative Nancy if you ask me. My daughter, who has a fear of spiders, had numerous outbursts of "AHHHHHHHH IT'S A SPIDER, SOMEONE KILL IT!" My father, who is a diabetic, had to add his two cents in letting us all know that he is a diabetic and he had to eat. The rest of the peanut gallery either wanted to swim or sun bathe and repeatedly let it be known.

After what seemed like an eternity of hiking to them, which was only about 20 minutes, another sister proclaimed "This hiking shit is for the birds. I'm going back to the beach." Everyone abandoned me in the geology section while I was trying to stuff rocks and minerals in the pockets of my shorts. Although the website said not to leave with the rocks, there were no signs stating such, and various family members said it was okay because we shouldn't believe everything we read on the internet. I rejoined the crazy family to find my mother feeding the life guards, my father holding a baby that did not belong to any of us, my son analyzing my sister's body for ticks, and various family members complaining that hiking cut into their tanning time. Ah, what a warm feeling. I was in the midst of my loving family. It was a wonderful day!

Love,

theologygeek

I don't know--it sounds like you had fun, which is NOT ALLOWED. While your family's whining and misery are very Maxwellian, there was no actual DEATH. Did your car/van/bus break down? I think that's a requirement on a Maxwell excursion. And don't forget the animal crackers next time--2 per person.

I had to work. Tick bites would have been more pleasant.

Edited for riffle. Hate typing on iPad.

I'll wait until we have the first blog report of a hike, where I'm sure there will be plenty of pics of the boys beards. Just hope google comes up with a bible verse about facial hair!

I knew it! :wink-kitty:

Love,

theologygeek

Needs moar passive voice. ;-)

Maxwells have gone amok! They're driving a van instead of the bus, staying in a hotel, and eating in a restaurant! I feel faint...

What's next--Skinny-dipping? Smoking weed? Burning Man? Skirts above the knee?

Burning Man! - I'm leaving Thursday for this event. Wish I could take Sarah with me. All the girls for that matter. What an experience that would be for them. Sad to say, it would probably send them flying back into Stevehovah's arms.

Have fun at Burning Man! I went in 95 and 96 so I know it has changed and grown a lot but much is still the same. That place would make their head's explode in 0.03 seconds.

Burning Man! - I'm leaving Thursday for this event. Wish I could take Sarah with me. All the girls for that matter. What an experience that would be for them. Sad to say, it would probably send them flying back into Stevehovah's arms.

Yeah, theyre so far gone that anything exciting would absolutely scare the shit out of them and have them on the phone crying to Daddy. Which is really really sad considering Sarah is 31 years old.

Pictures from the Costco trip and canoeing expedition are up. So far, it's exactly the same as their trip last year - quelle surprise.

Pictures from the Costco trip and canoeing expedition are up. So far, it's exactly the same as their trip last year - quelle surprise.

What?! They played a "rousing" game of of tag in the canoes, Jesse made breakfast the first morning, and John still hasn't shaved! It's like a whole new world they're experiencing. Hahahaha

That facial hair on the boys is defrauding me. To the prayer closet I go.

Archived