IGNORED

It's time for what some would call a vacation!

WonderingInWA

What happens when the females need to find a way to balance on rocks that may involve a wide stance? Or one leg up on something with another down? Do their skirts allow for a full spread of the legs? Can't people see under those skirts to their girly parts if there is a wide stance?

I know others have defended the skirt thing but personally, I find it dangerous. Your legs and feet need to be free to move, sometimes quickly and instinctively, when climbing. Skirts don't allow for that freedom of movement - especially denim ones with no give what so ever - and I'd rather have pants on when I'm in a wide stance and someone is below me. I'm kind of modest that way. And what about scratches and cuts and bumps and bruises on bare legs? With pants on, a scrape against a rock can be a minor nuisance. With exposed skin, some real damage can be done.

I think they are stupid.

It's ridiculous to wear their skirts hiking mountains. I did see at least one of them had leggings under the skirt. I think the skirts they wear are made out of stretchy material like workout pants so at least it's not a jean skirt, but still. How many people do they think they will defraud on a mountaintop.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, Duck Dynasty is HUGE right now. It's probably the most popular show A&E has ever had. And the merchandise tie-ins are everywhere. You can buy Duck Dynasty sunglasses at the Walmart optical center. :? Steve couldn't avoid Duck Dynasty if he tried.

My 77 year old mother has a crush on Uncle Si.* I despair of her at times, I really do. :doh:

*it disturbs me deeply that I even know who Uncle Si is*

My friend (who is also my hairdresser) was telling me that she was going to get her husband a Si shirt. I thought of this person. psy_2349018b.jpg

It took me a long time to figure out who she was talking about.

looks like they found the chipmunks... fingers crossed that poor Abby didn't have to pray about feeding them this time.

looks like they found the chipmunks... fingers crossed that poor Abby didn't have to pray about feeding them this time.

It's like I fell asleep and woke up in a blog post from last year.

The stubble thing is really intriguing me now. Even Steve-O has it going on. Has it been laid upon anyone's heart yet to inquire about it on their blog?

The stubble thing is really intriguing me now. Even Steve-O has it going on. Has it been laid upon anyone's heart yet to inquire about it on their blog?

It was laid on Cathy A's heart to inquire about the stubble, but her message got rejected. She said that their beards looked good, but in Stevie's world that must have been interrupted as her flirting. It intrigues me too, and it's not just one of the boys that decides to do it, the whole clan grows them. Just more control from Stevie. Here in the UK it's quite trendy to grow one. I hate shaving but after a few days growth it gets too itchy, and as for kissing a guy with stubble my face looks like its had a date with sand paper, so I'm not that keen.

Nice to see that Joe was reacquainted with a ChipMunck...

DSC_3938-266x400.jpg

Nice to see that Joe was reacquainted with a ChipMunck...

DSC_3938-266x400.jpg

Good one!

I know we discussed this last year, but I'd be nervous letting my kids touch the chipmunks. These are wild, right? Isn't it entirely possible they have rabies?

Is Joe wearing denim pants, aka jeans???

ETA: couldn't stand it and google'd "hiking skirts," which returned a "hiking skirts for men" hit!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 1186353071

A "freeballers" forum notes that there were really good hiking skirts for men a few years back but they're not produced anymore. Who knew?

Then I found this, under "hiking skirts for women" - a ringing endorsement of hiking miniskirts!

http://www.backpacker.com/gear-review-b ... gear/15808

The first hit for women's hiking skirts led to backcountry.com which showed miniskirts, again nothing the Maxwells would wear.

Finally, this http://www.usoutdoor.com/the-north-face ... MgodxygAXw got me to an actual possible provider for the skirts the Maxgals wear.

From the North Face: "...Abby Skirt is perfect for women who love to spend time out on the trail. The Abby Skirt matches feminine style with technical fabrics designed to move with you and keep you comfortable all day long. Made from with VaporWick technology, the Abby Skirt from The North Face is ideal for hiking and traveling."

Ideal? If you say so, and if that's what they want. More power to 'em.

As to the idea of patriarchs and beards and Santa: Santa's bear generally is fluffy, rounded and clean. So different from Pearl's and most of the Robertsons'!!!! Keep that in mind, Steve. Cleanliness next to godliness, & all. :naughty:

And I identify full beards with patriarchal religious systems and I'm-a no like those. Thus my mileage, FWIW. :shrug:

Yeah, full beards remind me of those drawings of the Old Testament, mean God with flowing white hair and long white beard. Usually he's smiting somebody.

Duck Dynasty turns me off because those raggedy beards remind me of Michael Pearl.

Although, I've always been fond of Santa Clause, and he has a full beard come to think of it.

ETA: Can't recall if "Clause" has an "e" at the end. It doesn't look right with it, but doesn't look right without it either.

It was laid upon an un-named person's heart to comment on their facial hair and to congratulate them on their victory over Satan's attempt to hack their blog. Alas, the comment was deemed unworthy of posting--not enough Scripture quotes or mentions of death, apparently.

Spell check keeps trying to substitute "Vicodin" for "victory". Perhaps Vicodin would make the Maxwells more fun. It would certainly make reading their blog more entertaining.

Hey Maxwells, have you heard of hantavirus? Probably not, since you avoid secular reading material. Look it up...it's something to think about!

Yeah, full beards remind me of those drawings of the Old Testament, mean God with flowing white hair and long white beard. Usually he's smiting somebody.

Duck Dynasty turns me off because those raggedy beards remind me of Michael Pearl.

Although, I've always been fond of Santa Clause, and he has a full beard come to think of it.

ETA: Can't recall if "Clause" has an "e" at the end. It doesn't look right with it, but doesn't look right without it either.

No "e." In the film, The Santa Clause, it had an "e" because it was refering to the clause in the contract that the elf (played by the kid who hit on Wednesday Adams and went on to be on Numbers, which I have actually never watched) pulled out, forcing Tim Allen to be Santa Claus. See, it's funny because it's a pun. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Is Joe wearing denim pants, aka jeans???

ETA: couldn't stand it and google'd "hiking skirts," which returned a "hiking skirts for men" hit!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 1186353071

A "freeballers" forum notes that there were really good hiking skirts for men a few years back but they're not produced anymore. Who knew?

Then I found this, under "hiking skirts for women" - a ringing endorsement of hiking miniskirts!

http://www.backpacker.com/gear-review-b ... gear/15808

The first hit for women's hiking skirts led to backcountry.com which showed miniskirts, again nothing the Maxwells would wear.

Finally, this http://www.usoutdoor.com/the-north-face ... MgodxygAXw got me to an actual possible provider for the skirts the Maxgals wear.

From the North Face: "...Abby Skirt is perfect for women who love to spend time out on the trail. The Abby Skirt matches feminine style with technical fabrics designed to move with you and keep you comfortable all day long. Made from with VaporWick technology, the Abby Skirt from The North Face is ideal for hiking and traveling."

Ideal? If you say so, and if that's what they want. More power to 'em.

As to the idea of patriarchs and beards and Santa: Santa's bear generally is fluffy, rounded and clean. So different from Pearl's and most of the Robertsons'!!!! Keep that in mind, Steve. Cleanliness next to godliness, & all. :naughty:

I have that North Face skirt. I wear it to work. I wear running capris to climb mountains, or hiking pants if I plan on bushwhacking. I would be very uncomfortable in a skirt.

I don't know if I said this or if I ran out of time earlier, but I don't know which maxwell is which, but all the guys appear to be wearing hiking pants, not dress khakis.

No "e." In the film, The Santa Clause, it had an "e" because it was refering to the clause in the contract that the elf (played by the kid who hit on Wednesday Adams and went on to be on Numbers, which I have actually never watched) pulled out, forcing Tim Allen to be Santa Claus. See, it's funny because it's a pun. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Please refrain from mentioning anything to do with Santa in a Maxwell thread or the Maxwell gods will strike you down. You know as well as all of us that Christmas doesn't involve trees or Santa or stockings or stories about the North Pole or even gifts that don't glorify God according to Stevehovah. Get your Christmas etiquette right, here.

(j/k!)

ETA: a comma

Hey Maxwells, have you heard of hantavirus? Probably not, since you avoid secular reading material. Look it up...it's something to think about!

Forget hantavirus, how about bubonic plague?

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/07/a-us-squirrel-has-the-plague-are-we-all-going-to-die/278154/

Someone asked about the beards on an earlier post, but Steve didn't explain much:

Jody on August 25, 2013 at 7:10 pm said:

Love the photos! Do I detect that the Maxwell gents have given up shaving for their mountain vacation? :)

>>>>>>>>>

Yes, something a bit different.

Someone asked about the beards on an earlier post, but Steve didn't explain much:

Jody on August 25, 2013 at 7:10 pm said:

Love the photos! Do I detect that the Maxwell gents have given up shaving for their mountain vacation? :)

>>>>>>>>>

Yes, something a bit different.

He is such an asshat.

I just asked if the guys are doing a beard growing challenge. Since they do challenges fairly often, I figured it'd be a fairly innocuous sounding question. We'll see if Steve answers.

He is such an asshat.

He really is, but this raises the question of why "something a bit different" is being allowed at all. Everything in Maxhell has to be the same every day, every year, for all time. (Except frumpers, which make only the rarest appearances now.) You let the facial hair grow, and soon you'll be down to one Bible time a day, putting meat back in the burritos, and forgetting to talk about death with everyone you meet. The fan blades won't get wiped. Someone will sing all the words to Row, Row, Row Your Boat. Once that happens, there will be no turning back. Joseph will move into his house and have sweet fellowship with himself every morning at the same time Family Bible Time used to happen. Jesse will break his guitar over Steve's head. Teri will chug cans of Pepsi one after the other, dropping the empty cans on the floor. And no one will care where they're going when they die.

He really is, but this raises the question of why "something a bit different" is being allowed at all. Everything in Maxhell has to be the same every day, every year, for all time. (Except frumpers, which make only the rarest appearances now.) You let the facial hair grow, and soon you'll be down to one Bible time a day, putting meat back in the burritos, and forgetting to talk about death with everyone you meet. The fan blades won't get wiped. Someone will sing all the words to Row, Row, Row Your Boat. Once that happens, there will be no turning back. Joseph will move into his house and have sweet fellowship with himself every morning at the same time Family Bible Time used to happen. Jesse will break his guitar over Steve's head. Teri will chug cans of Pepsi one after the other, dropping the empty cans on the floor. And no one will care where they're going when they die.

And Sarah will make a friend outside the compound.

That's a helluva better life than the one they live now.

Ahh the strange case of the disappearance of the frumpers. One blog post all the Maxwell ladies were in them, the next they were gone, not to return. I have always wondered what happened. I'd like to think the Maxwell ladies staged a coup and said no more cupboard cleaning until the frumpers went.

On one of the earlier posts, someone did pose a questions about the beards. Steve answered vauguely

Ahh the strange case of the disappearance of the frumpers. One blog post all the Maxwell ladies were in them, the next they were gone, not to return. I have always wondered what happened. I'd like to think the Maxwell ladies staged a coup and said no more cupboard cleaning until the frumpers went.

I think the frumpers went because of us! I think Stevie finally discovered us and found discussions of the frumpers because it really wasn't much longer than a couple of months later that they started appearing in cardigans and skirts. In my opinion, that was the first time it was pretty much confirmed he reads here.

Archived