IGNORED

Burden to Burundi, Zealous for Zambia

Palimpsest

I didn't think the baby was due for another month or so. Yikes.

Baby is due in September. Ultrasound was performed, looks like a boy. Sigh. Close up shop Esther!

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baby is due in September. Ultrasound was performed, looks like a boy. Sigh. Close up shop Esther!

At least she got an ultrasound- that means she's getting prenatal care.

Not necessarily... Don't some women just get one ultrasound and moving else?

There are companies you can go to for a US and not pay too much. A lot of them specialize in 3-D ultrasounds, but they do the regular ones, too. It's relatively inexprensive, too, maybe $25.

Of course, you could also go to the ER, complaining of an issue, and get one for "free".

Now John is praying for President Obama and that he will get saved. Sorry John but the POTUS is more of a Christian and a man you ever will be.

As a poor person, $25 is a LOT right now. Maybe comparatively cheap, bu I still couldn't afford one, or at least, more than one. And how do people not get slammed with ER bills? I have insurance and it still would've drained me of my parents hasn't stepped in.

As a poor person, $25 is a LOT right now. Maybe comparatively cheap, bu I still couldn't afford one, or at least, more than one. And how do people not get slammed with ER bills? I have insurance and it still would've drained me of my parents hasn't stepped in.

But, but, but ...

John Shrader isn't a poor person. He's as rich as fucking Croesus with other people's cash!

He is spending god-knows-what on planes, Troupies, paper cutters, containers for Zambia, flying lessons, air fares to Africa minus the right visas, and so on. What is a mere $25 ultrasound on the new babe? Just an opportunity for more effective grifting.

We should all take lessons from John on how to survive by grifting. We are just not doing it right ... because we have morals.

Well, at least they can use the giant shipping container for a house when this all goes bust.

John Shrader isn't a poor person. He's as rich as fucking Croesus with other people's cash!

He is spending god-knows-what on planes, Troupies, paper cutters, containers for Zambia, flying lessons, air fares to Africa minus the right visas, and so on. What is a mere $25 ultrasound on the new babe? Just an opportunity for more effective grifting.

We should all take lessons from John on how to survive by grifting. We are just not doing it right ... because we have morals.

I have long believed that a whole range of these modern day Elmer Gantrys lack not only morals, but most certainly can't believe in the God they preach---if they had any imagining of a possible day of judgement or eternal damnation, they would not dare steal as blatantly as they do. (This includes TV ministers, various and sundry of these kind of missionaries and certain of the Mega Church groups, in my opinion.)

John is taking the written exam for his pilot's license tomorrow afternoon. It is one of the major obstacles to leaving for Zambia in SIX WEEKS, so he covets your prayers!

^^^

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I'm hoping he fails. Dismally.

I hope he fails. I don't want him to go to Zambia and put his wife and kids at risk.

Me too times eleventy.

Me too times eleventy.

Me, too, and it would be a lot better for him to fail a written exam than to fail practically during flight and crash killing himself and others. And I totally agree with the risk his family will be under by being taken to Zambia.

Can't help but think about Jaynee Lockwood's lack of options right now - not to mention that Mexico is a lot closer to the US than Zambia.

Slight tangent, but does anyone remember Keith Green (Last Days Ministries, 70s/80s Christian pop star/ preacher, died in plane crash with his 2 eldest children in 1982)? I grew up listening to his music, my parents were HUGE fans, and I read his biography, written by his wife Melody, years ago. In the book, she says that ministers/ missionaries have some of the worst, if not the worst, crash statistics of any pilots anywhere. Apparently this is reflected in insurance rates. There is a sort of magical 'God is with us and will protect us' thinking that leads these pilots to disregard safety guidelines, weather warnings and to take risks other pilots simply wouldn't take. Indeed, the flight that killed Keith Green was in an overloaded light aircraft (double passenger weight limit), flying in inclement weather, piloted by a minister friend of his.

I really hope Shrader has the sense to at least leave his kids on the ground if he feels he has to play flyboy. He hasn't displayed the finest judgement so far, I hate to think of him ferrying people around by plane.

^^^

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I'm hoping he fails. Dismally.

Unfortunately, he passed :|

We finally have undeniable proof: There is no God.

I fear for his wife and children. :angry-banghead:

I'm still holding out hope for a huge delay in the visas...

Hopefully the bill for his root canal took a big bite (no pun intended) into his funds.

Archived