IGNORED

Burden to Burundi, Zealous for Zambia

Palimpsest

Hopefully the bill for his root canal took a big bite (no pun intended) into his funds.

Please tell us that it was done without anesthesia.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully the bill for his root canal took a big bite (no pun intended) into his funds.

It makes me wonder when the last time (if ever) his children have had dental care of any kind.

I'm thinking more along the lines that he may have been outed as a lazy ass grafter or is afraid he will be. Or maybe he's coming up with a new scam.

Where are you getting this info from? He hasn't posted anything public to FB for a couple weeks.

It was on his FB page.

He made the page private AFAIK. I have a friend who is still friends with him and posts his updates occasionally :shrug:

His FB is still private and so is Esther's, darn it! So the only recent news is a typically conceited and self-involved tweet on April 30th. He's some kid's hero. :evil-eye:

FYI, he's @missionsmuse on Twitter but doesn't really use it.

I was reading the blog of a friend's brother and his family, who are missionaries in Africa. The wife is a doctor and they're very conscientious about getting proper medical care, vaccines, medications, prophylactics, etc. Definitely not cavalier about health and taking proper precautions.

They still all contracted malaria!

John's family is screwed. Those poor children.

Has his "final" for flight training, the written and oral examination this week

Leaves for Zambia June 6th

Is some kids hero as he is a missioning to Zambia. Well...he hasn't done anything yet but umm ok...

Unforunately he unfriended me. All I asked was his thoughts on Palins waterboarding comments.

Has his "final" for flight training, the written and oral examination this week

Leaves for Zambia June 6th

Is some kids hero as he is a missioning to Zambia. Well...he hasn't done anything yet but umm ok...

Just to clarify, will only John be leaving on June 6th or the whole family? (Fingers crossed it's the latter. :pray: )

Just to clarify, will only John be leaving on June 6th or the whole family? (Fingers crossed it's the latter. :pray: )

Does this mean the visas came through, or is this just more of his magical thinking?

Unforunately he unfriended me. All I asked was his thoughts on Palins waterboarding comments.

Dammit, SPHASH!! Why did you ask a provocative question? Didn't you know you'd be unfriended? :angry-banghead:

Just, kidding! :lol:

:::Grumbles::: We need moles!

I truly regret that I did not break my personal FB vow not to "friend" anyone I did not know IRL with John Shrader ages ago. John-Boy is now on high-alert for moles and I doubt he'd friend me today.

Meant to say "fingers crossed it's the former" !!!

Does this mean the visas came through, or is this just more of his magical thinking?

He bought the tickets for the whole family before he had visas. That is all we know.

I don't understand not resuming Facebook. (I put cleaning out old stuff down to try to get visas.) John has a lot of churches paying for his trip. Don't those people want to follow where he is at? A newsletter every couple of months is so last century! I want to know day to day what the missionaries I sponsor are doing. Private Facebook doesn't work as there would be a few thousand people between his pages. Why not have a private page for private stuff and a public page for his "missionary" work. (I refuse to call him a missionary until he gets to Africa.)

There does seem to be a lot more expectation of posting stuff on Facebook for transparency. When I was going to summer camp, it would have been absolutely insane for a parent to demand to see pictures of the camp every day. Now, my camp posts photos of camp activities every day on Facebook when it is in session.

He said we are leaving. Nothing about visas coming through so I don't think they have.

CAn they try to leave anyway, sans visas?

They can leave....but might not be able to get into Zambia. :mrgreen:

Archived