IGNORED

Burden to Burundi, Zealous for Zambia

Palimpsest

Wow, somebody pissed off Johnny! He's made everything private on his FB page except for his latest post. It's so poorly written, rambling on like he was drunk when he wrote it! Apparently "somebody" pretended to be their friend then said "mean" things about him.

Boohoo...... Poor baby.......

He will be back. He has flounced before.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Question, what is the link to their blog? I tried to search to no avail. Also didn't FJ used to have a blog sticky at the top for all fundies? I miss that.

No blog and the TeamZambia.com site hasn't been updated in ages. He is John Esther Shrader on Facebook, but he just flounced and wiped that. He will be back.

The sticky for "major" Fundie families discussed here is on the SOTDRT for newbies. I don't think Shrader made the cut when that was created. I suppose we could add him to the sticky but I can't write the synopsis. I don't think I could manage an objective take on John!

ETA. If you want background, search FJ using both Shrader and Schrader and multiple threads will come up about John.

Was the "mean" thing said to/about him that he should get a job so his wife and kids don't have to live In a pop up? I can see how that would "cut to the core." Truth hurts.

No blog and the TeamZambia.com site hasn't been updated in ages. He is John Esther Shrader on Facebook, but he just flounced and wiped that. He will be back.

The sticky for "major" Fundie families discussed here is on the SOTDRT for newbies. I don't think Shrader made the cut when that was created. I suppose we could add him to the sticky but I can't write the synopsis. I don't think I could manage an objective take on John!

ETA. If you want background, search FJ using both Shrader and Schrader and multiple threads will come up about John.

Thanks! Yes I do remember who they are and I had read his FB page a while ago. I found it and there was no info on it so I was wondering where everyone was getting all of this from :)

Words that are at times so vile and base that I could not even repeat them here.

Words like "You should make sure you have a proper midwife and your kids are up to date on all their shots while having malaria medications before you go to Zambia."? I could see why that would hurt his pride and he would find that vile.

This stepping out in faith is not, and cannot be understood by those who despise me so deeply.

If you purposely put your kids in danger you are an idiot. You view your children as disposable props for your mission fantasy and not actual blessings from God. Keep telling yourself that this is all because people "despise" you and not because you are acting in an unsafe way when it comes to your children. That way you can sleep at night when one of them dies in Zambia because of your neglect.

but not only rest, to follow the instruction of our lovely Lord Jesus, Who was reviled far greater than I ever will be, and Who commanded us in Matthew 5:44-47;

Last time I checked you weren't God or Jesus. Stop comparing yourself to Him. Jesus was sort of big on protecting children too.

I say this not to appear pious, for truly the tears sit in the corners of my eyes threatening to spill over, and my heart is greatly grieved as I yet again stumbled over the latest hate fest

I am 100% sure that you did this to sound pious John. Have you ever considered that all these "haters" might have a point? Or does your pride and obsession with getting to Zambia stop you from considering that strangers on the internet are more concerned about your children than you are?

As a pastor said yesterday, "If I was a Judge, and you killed my daughter, then I gave my Son for you in your place, then you hated and rejected my Son, then there is nothing left but judgment."

If I killed your daughter and then you gave your son in my place. I would so be judging your parenting skills and the love you have for your children.

You hate me, rebuke me, revile me, and depict me with mocking words, but some of you have done the same to Christ

You aren't God or Christ or Jesus.

It's not too late. Don't reject Christ because of the hypocrites and haughty that use His Name for their own purposes. I know you count me among that group,

I didn't "reject" Christ because of John, but he hasn't done anything to make me want to be a Christian again.

Man, I really wish he would come here, but I doubt he has the nerve. If he has read here he knows that he wouldn't stand a chance. There is no way he can defend how casually he treats the safety of his children.

I don't care that John's feelings are hurt. I do care about those kids. John needs to man up, get a real job, and take care of his family before planning missionary trips. How can anyone be missionary if they can't even take care of their family?

I got the feeling from that post that they he was talking about FJ. He made references to 'threads for all the world to see.'

I don't go there much, but -- didn't he friend a person (possibly a woman) a while back who was always poking him and he never quite got it?

Maybe he figured it out.

I don't go there much, but -- didn't he friend a person (possibly a woman) a while back who was always poking him and he never quite got it?

Maybe he figured it out.

Sharon Bailgoat

I suspect that John got called out by someone in his near environs not a hater like the wonderful Sharon Bailgoat or any FJ thread. Again, I think he has been reading FJ for a long time. I don't think it was us who sent him into this latest tailspin. It was someone he thought a friend and supporter who "betrayed" him.

And if I'm wrong and it was FJ that sent him into this state, I have no regrets.

Of interest: John completely wiped his PUBLIC "John Esther Shrader" Facebook page (including his last weepy "I'm persecuted like Jesus" post) on Sunday or Monday. Esther's public page is still there. David-Cherri Rea's private FB page has also been wiped. We never snarked on that here because it was private, but Rea was hand in glove with Shrader. Also newly made private is Bobby Bonner's FB page, although IAM Ministry is still public. Odd and perhaps coincidence.

For a change no snark here at all, but:

Even allowing for Fundie God-speak rhetoric and hyperbole, John's posts have been off the wall. His highs are too high and his lows are just too low. We have commented here many times that he sounds high. Or drunk.

Even allowing for your average idiotic IFB missionary on deputation norm, John's trajectory with his "Mission" just makes no sense. Quite aside from selling his house, quitting his job, and trundling his kids around in a pop-up camper, he is just weird. Esther was happy that they never went hungry, but that was not due to John's planning. Then you have the ultimate strangeness of his willingness to risk (and almost salivate at the thought of sacrificing) his kids to his mission in Africa.

Even allowing for Fundie receptivity to putting yourself in God's hands, why blow $15,000 on a plane before you can fly it? Why piddle away your donations for Zambia on an impulse side trip to Burundi? Why promise Crusades, meetings with Presidents and the conversion of many -- and end up "high" on the success of making contact with 3.5 people in Burundi. It is just sad.

There is something very off about John Shrader mental health-wise. His last weepy post on Facebook makes me think he has decompensated and that he is curled into a fetal position under a table, weeping and sucking his thumb. That sounds cruel but perhaps it will get someone finally to intervene for Esther and the children's sakes.

At the very least his withdrawal, however temporary, from social media is going to adversely affect his fund-raising and keep him from risking the children for a few months longer.

I hope Esther and the kids are all right. :(

This was also the man that chose the moment when his wife was in labor for umpteen billion hours and his camper/home had broken down to announce that he was starting a 30 day juice fast.

I am so scared that he will actually make it to Zambia because I'm pretty sure he will have an emotional crash there and there will be no one to help Esther and the kids. Someone needs to stage an intervention, but I don't think anyone in that family will.

He posted something about Harry Potter and got this response from Daniel Waller:

It's ok, I'm sure there are MANY things you do that I don't agree with. Especially since God has showed me the truth about the cult that calls themselves "Independent Baptists"!

:clap:

Daniel had been defending HP.

John just posted that a missionary in Zambia has a 5 year old son who is seriously sick with malaria and needs prayers. What an idiot to know this and still bring your young sons to Zambia possibly without proper medical preventions.

I bet John can't afford the shots for his kids. And I wouldn't be surprised if he is having a meltdown right now. People calling him out regarding his kids safety, getting to Zambia, and the stress of Esther being preggers again

John just posted that a missionary in Zambia has a 5 year old son who is seriously sick with malaria and needs prayers. What an idiot to know this and still bring your young sons to Zambia possibly without proper medical preventions.

Where did he post that? Perhaps I spoke too soon.

If he can't afford the shots for his kids, how can he afford to go to Zambia, even without the needed shots? I wonder if as someone else posted, he got some pushback from a real friend (vs some facebook friend) about how long it was taking, how his life was going, what was happening to the money given already, etc.....

I have long been confused about the process he's going through. Is it common for other missionary wanna be's to live like a homeless family for years as they beg for money?

aren't there pills to prevent malaria? I thought there was.

idk about other missionaries,but I suspect it might be rare for a family of 10,soon to be 11,to be doing such work.at least with such small kids.

I think missionary work is fine for ppl who don't have kids,or who have grown kids,or no kids.But there is a time of life for this sort of thing,imo.and it isn't while the family is growing.Missionaries have to put themselves and their own lives aside to serve for others,and that can be a difficult thing to do when raising your own (esp. large) family.

If shots are needed,I wonder if the local health dept. where they're at can give them for free?

I'm also hoping the newborn won't need a nicu stay,as I can imagine nicu's are rather difficult to come by in third world countries.

I'm not sure about other churches, but on Planet Adventist (because the majority really do live in their own little world) this sort of behavior would not be acceptable of a missionary family.

aren't there pills to prevent malaria? I thought there was.

Medicines to prevent malaria

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/malaria-medications

A doctor or local health department can consult the CDC for specific treatment guidelines for your travel destination. Standard medicines for preventing malaria include:

Chloroquine. You can take chloroquine to prevent P. falciparum and P. vivax infections in areas where medicine resistance to chloroquine has not been confirmed.

Doxycycline. You can take doxycycline if you cannot take mefloquine. Women who are pregnant and children younger than age 9 should not take this medicine.

Malarone. Malarone is a combination of two antimalarial medicines (atovaquone and proguanil). Malarone is taken to prevent malaria caused by P. falciparum.

Mefloquine. You can take mefloquine to prevent malaria infections unless the malaria parasite in the area you're visiting is resistant to mefloquine. Do not take mefloquine if you have a history of active or recent depression or other mental illness, seizures, or some types of heart-rhythm problems.

Primaquine. You take primaquine to prevent relapses of P. vivax and P. ovale malaria. You should be tested for glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency before taking primaquine.

Medicines to prevent malaria

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/malaria-medications

A doctor or local health department can consult the CDC for specific treatment guidelines for your travel destination. Standard medicines for preventing malaria include:

Chloroquine. You can take chloroquine to prevent P. falciparum and P. vivax infections in areas where medicine resistance to chloroquine has not been confirmed.

Doxycycline. You can take doxycycline if you cannot take mefloquine. Women who are pregnant and children younger than age 9 should not take this medicine.

Malarone. Malarone is a combination of two antimalarial medicines (atovaquone and proguanil). Malarone is taken to prevent malaria caused by P. falciparum.

Mefloquine. You can take mefloquine to prevent malaria infections unless the malaria parasite in the area you're visiting is resistant to mefloquine. Do not take mefloquine if you have a history of active or recent depression or other mental illness, seizures, or some types of heart-rhythm problems.

Primaquine. You take primaquine to prevent relapses of P. vivax and P. ovale malaria. You should be tested for glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency before taking primaquine.

And none of these are 100% effective against malaria, unfortunately. They also have to be taken long-term and some can have unpleasant side-effects.

A good overview of the vaccinations needed and where they are contraindicated for pregnant women and small children: mdtravelhealth.com/destinations/africa/zambia.php#0

We know he can't afford vax and didn't calculate them into his expenses. He was grifting for extra funds for vax a couple of weeks ago.

And none of these are 100% effective against malaria, unfortunately. They also have to be taken long-term and some can have unpleasant side-effects.

A good overview of the vaccinations needed and where they are contraindicated for pregnant women and small children: mdtravelhealth.com/destinations/africa/zambia.php#0

We know he can't afford vax and didn't calculate them into his expenses. He was grifting for extra funds for vax a couple of weeks ago.

Seems like you were just looking to put down what I posted.

The point I had was answering scc12's question. I agree with you about him not being able to "afford" to vax. And even though anti-malarials are not perfect, the US military, for example, gives them to personnel who are put in regions where malaria is endemic. So they at least have some benefit - and yes, probably, that would be another cost he didn't account for.

But then he hasn't accounted for the costs of basic food and shelter for his brood, either.

For your viewing pleasure, here is David Rea's fundraising video. Rea is John's partner in the "Mission," sponsored by the same church and he has reproved John before, although the reasons were unclear.

youtube.com/watch?v=hBPpv92J-8U&list=LLaV5Fwh3kIPIkuBqtWWf-1w

Rea's children are older but he is probably just as inept as John. This video also claims that they are going to Kafulafuto (the IAM Ministry Mission) not to Kafue.

I'm rather glad we preserved so much of John's idiocy on FJ. Some of his actions are beyond belief!

Archived