IGNORED

Burden to Burundi, Zealous for Zambia

Palimpsest

I think Anna is actually really smart. Surely she, in her nice house outside of the city, can see the problems in this situation. I think she can rationalize them being "of humble means" to a point, because she agrees with their ministry and what Schrader is "in theory" trying to do , but she's got to know that taking kids to Africa with no vaccines is so dangerous.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deported, steep fines and possible incarceration in Zambia prior to deportation hearings! Additional fines and jail time for conducting business on a tourist visa. travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/country/zambia.html

Only a fool would risk that. Oh, wait ...

What would happen with the kids if John ended up in jail? Would Esther be sent back to America with them (or would they both be jailed, as she is going along with whatever he does)

What would happen with the kids if John ended up in jail? Would Esther be sent back to America with them (or would they both be jailed, as she is going along with whatever he does)

I wouldn't wish anything bad on those babies...

Its sad that we appear to care more about John's kids than he does. He is totally prepared for them to die.

He should hook up with Lauren Fisher, maybe join her polyamorous love pile...they can nomadically raise their kids in dangerous neglect.

Do you think the Kellers have the decency to sleep poorly at night after marrying their daughter off to this idiot? I can't believe this. Could we hope that the Duggars are less idiotic than this guy and that Anna and Josh might intervene? What about the siblings who left the fold? Could they legally go for custody of these kids?

I have always wondered if Pa Keller in particular feels any kind of guilt over marrying his daughter off this loser. Because really, from where I sit he, as the dad who approved the marriage or else it would have never happened, in a sense bears some responsiblity. He did better for Pris and Anna though despite both of their husbands being annoying as hell.

I don't see Anna/Josh intervening no matter what they think personally of the situation. And to get any legal custody, there would have be proven allegations of abuse I would think. As much as these kids have suffered, has there been anything involving CPS or the authorities?

Josh might not want to step in because he doesn't seem on board wih having a large brood, and he's already got 3. I don't think he suddenly wants 9 more.

If Esther and John get jailed and the kids sent back to the states, MAYBE they'd step up and take one or two. Maybe. Otherwise I don't see it happening.

At the moment John Shrader does seem to be trying to get the right kind of visa and residency permits for Zambia so worrying about possible jail terms for him over-staying a tourist visa is probably very premature. :D

I suppose that I don't want to underestimate his foolishness and drive to get his own way do God's will. The Shraders of this world don't believe that rules and laws should affect them, and are likely to be even more contemptuous of foreign rules and laws.

Having said that, it is far more likely that if he can't get the business visa and residency permits he'll claim that Satan is working against him in Zambia. Then he'll try to take his family to burden Burundi or another exotic sounding country instead. John could not care less about Esther or the children's well-being but it strikes me that he is very conscious of his own comfort. He certainly whines enough whenever he gets backache!

I wonder whether the pastor and elders of Valley Baptist Church can reign him in. It seems that his only accountability is to that church and he can't snow them forever. Or can he? If they are committing to support him for a year in Africa then they should want him to be both legal and insured.

I'm amazed that no-one challenged him on his return from Burundi on the truly epic failure of his plans for that short-term vacation mission trip. He promised to have a meeting with the President, hold a massive Crusade with people from several different countries, and gather multiple disciples to train to plant churches! Instead, he wandered the streets and came back with only Eddie, Arnaud and Arcade as contacts converts. Oh, and Eddie's wife, but she doesn't really count in John's world view. He also seems to have lost Blessing as a potential church planter in the process. I wish we knew the ending of Blessing's story. I still think he dropped his passport into Lake Tanganiyka on purpose! :twisted:

There was something fishy about Blessings story for sure. I think saw John for the sucker he is and used him.

Its sad that we appear to care more about John's kids than he does. He is totally prepared for them to die.

He should hook up with Lauren Fisher, maybe join her polyamorous love pile...they can nomadically raise their kids in dangerous neglect.

I've been thinking of her the last few times I've read this thread. Of all the whack jobs we snark on, most do care about their children, in their own misguided, unhealthy, or arrogant ways. John and Lauren to me seem to be the only ones who really only see their children as props and are not concerned for their well-being whatsoever, only what benefits the parent. It is terrifying to watch via social media.

So, how did Esther meet this wonderful hunk of manhood??? What was is upbringing and family like? Does anybody know?

He was raised ATI, but at some point he's decided that Gothard is a false teacher and gone truly independent in his IFB craziness.

He was raised ATI, but at some point he's decided that Gothard is a false teacher and gone truly independent in his IFB craziness.

There isn't room for two prophets in John's life. :lol:

What would happen if he got on the No Fly list? Would he have to stay home, or would his church send him to Canada or Mexico so they could fly out from there?

John takes delight in a racist caricature of the people he will be "saving."

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201665837437935&set=a.1529478447118.2066011.1539439108&type=1&theater

John takes delight in a racist caricature of the people he will be "saving."

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201665837437935&set=a.1529478447118.2066011.1539439108&type=1&theater

John Shrader is utterly disgusting. But we already knew that so this delight in a racist caricature is no surprise.

I do wonder what Eddie, Arnaud and Arcade think of that picture.

Ew. John, you are not mature enough to be a missionary. That comment is one of many reasons why you do not deserve to go to Zambia.

It looks like John posted a status, on his Facebook, regarding the latest BG's and Doug Phillips (is a tool) scandals. Shockingly, I actually agree with what John posted.

Yes, shockingly, so do I! Well, most of it. I'm sure I can pick holes in it if I read it carefully. John has told us that Gothard was a false prophet before, but lumping DP in there was new.

Hey, John! Speaking of Vision Forum, I still want to know why the Hazardous Journey to Zambia Team requested additional donations to support their vacation Mission in Zambia to be sent directly to your TeamZambia fund. Care to explain?

John Shrader is utterly disgusting. But we already knew that so this delight in a racist caricature is no surprise.

I do wonder what Eddie, Arnaud and Arcade think of that picture.

â€where wondering". Oh please.

Also, fuck off you douche bag.

Wow, somebody pissed off Johnny! He's made everything private on his FB page except for his latest post. It's so poorly written, rambling on like he was drunk when he wrote it! Apparently "somebody" pretended to be their friend then said "mean" things about him.

Boohoo...... Poor baby.......

I got the feeling from that post that they he was talking about FJ. He made references to 'threads for all the world to see.'

"You hate me, rebuke me, revile me, and depict me with mocking words, but some of you have done the same to Christ [...]"

Holy God complex. What is it with these guys comparing their suffering to Jesus?

I also think he found this thread. Welp, that must be hard for him, but it's the truth.

We've been practically ignoring poor John recently so I don't think he means us in his recent ... er... crisis of hurt.

So someone got friended by him and then posted something critical somewhere that hurt him to the core. Well, John, you do make yourself rather a sitting target! Perhaps you should take some of the criticism seriously instead of whining.

It wasn't me. I only friend people I know IRL and my FB page is empty. He can pray for me if he likes though.

The last time I checked his FB, he was flying to Virginia Beach to grift more stuff. Esther presumably was left behind with the kids. Other posts were quite risable but not very memorable. Lots of flying piccies. Boring.

ETA. I'm sure he has known for a long time that FJ exists and reads here. Susanna and Candice Keller have both posted here.

I'm now going to say the only thing I find vaguely admirable in John. He and Esther were at the Keller family reunion a while ago. So he interacted, pleasantly I hope, with apostates Daniel and his wife Candice, and Susanna the rebel. Josh McD and Rebekah are probably not apostates to John and neither are Josh D and Anna, ATI not withstanding. The Keller parents, Priscilla (I think she was engaged to Pecan then) and the younger brothers were not at the reunion.

We've been practically ignoring poor John recently so I don't think he means us in his recent ... er... crisis of hurt.

So someone got friended by him and then posted something critical somewhere that hurt him to the core. Well, John, you do make yourself rather a sitting target! Perhaps you should take some of the criticism seriously instead of whining.

It wasn't me. I only friend people I know IRL and my FB page is empty. He can pray for me if he likes though.

The last time I checked his FB, he was flying to Virginia Beach to grift more stuff. Esther presumably was left behind with the kids. Other posts were quite risable but not very memorable. Lots of flying piccies. Boring.

ETA. I'm sure he has known for a long time that FJ exists and reads here. Susanna and Candice Keller have both posted here.

I'm now going to say the only thing I find vaguely admirable in John. He and Esther were at the Keller family reunion a while ago. So he interacted, pleasantly I hope, with apostates Daniel and his wife Candice, and Susanna the rebel. Josh McD and Rebekah are probably not apostates to John and neither are Josh D and Anna, ATI not withstanding. The Keller parents, Priscilla (I think she was engaged to Pecan then) and the younger brothers were not at the reunion.

You're right, Esther is always at the Keller sisters reunions, so at least he lets her have a fun day every once in a while.

Question, what is the link to their blog? I tried to search to no avail. Also didn't FJ used to have a blog sticky at the top for all fundies? I miss that.

Archived