IGNORED

Lori Alexander's son moving far away

A new post from Lori's facebook:

To all of you who live in places that get ice and snow...Is it important to have a 4-wheel drive? My son is moving to upstate NY and we have never lived in snow before. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

I think it's amusing that she writes that "we have never lived in snow before." It sounds as though she is going with him. In reality, he is moving to a state that is about as far away from Lori as it is possible to be. I am guessing it is the son who is an orthodontist, since he should be finishing his training about now (such training programs usually end in July). If it is him, it's interesting how he chose not to join Ken's practice.

Ken isn't an orthodonist. He is a business consultant to orthodonists and he has several clients in Southern California. Lori and Ken's youngest daughter Cassi worked for one of Ken's clients. It is interesting that the son isn't moving back to California, he might have been able to join the practice of one of Ken's clients.

ETA: I also wonder if might be the other son Ryan who is moving, but he works for Ken and it kind of seems that they are planning for him to take over the business when Ken retires.

Ken isn't an orthodonist. He is a business consultant to orthodonists and he has several clients in Southern California. Lori and Ken's youngest daughter Cassi worked for one of Ken's clients. It is interesting that the son isn't moving back to California, he might have been able to join the practice of one of Ken's clients.

ETA: I also wonder if might be the other son Ryan who is moving, but he works for Ken and it kind of seems that they are planning for him to take over the business when Ken retires.

Excuse me, but why would orthodontists need consultants? Sounds like a BS business.

On-topic: Congrats to Lori's son for getting a continent away from his bitch mothers.

I bet it's Steven since he already lives in Texas, far from Ken and Lori anyway. And Cassi is moving away too. Run far away you two and don't look back.

To answer Lori's question though, you don't need a four-wheel drive, but it does make snow travel easier. However, don't be a stupid fuck who thinks they are all invincible in the snow and ice because they have a four-wheel drive vehicle. It doesn't matter what you have when all the tires hit the ice. Advice is to try to keep two wheels off the ice to prevent getting stuck and DON'T slam on the brake when you hit ice. Drive slow during heavy snow and keep significant distance between you and the car in front of you in case you do slide. Never be in a hurry to drive in the snow. The worst is when it rains and then gets cold and freezes and then snows on top of that so it's hard to see the ice. Snow is pretty, but ice is hell. Not looking forward to winter, can't you tell?

Excuse me, but why would orthodontists need consultants? Sounds like a BS business.

On-topic: Congrats to Lori's son for getting a continent away from his bitch mothers.

I have wondered the same thing before. But according to Ken's business website, he consults on marketing, transitions, scheduling, and other business aspects. An interesting side note, is that a female client gave a testimonial on Ken's site. I have to wonder if that orthodontist knows about Lori's blog and some of the things she has spewed about working women.

kenalexander.com/

So, that's 2 kids moving away and another who doesn't really seem to be on board with the "HAVE ALL THE BABBYS!1!!1!" mentality.

Tell us again how awesome your parenting techniques are, Lori :roll:

I used ot think Ken was just a consultant, but in one of his posts he said he also had a 14-person practice (and he shared how being a boss is the same as being a headship)

As for their son Ryan, I think he used to work for Ken but has since started his own business. I think he is a PT (could be wrong there, but I seem to remember that).

I bet it's Steven since he already lives in Texas, far from Ken and Lori anyway. And Cassi is moving away too. Run far away you two and don't look back.

To answer Lori's question though, you don't need a four-wheel drive, but it does make snow travel easier. However, don't be a stupid fuck who thinks they are all invincible in the snow and ice because they have a four-wheel drive vehicle. It doesn't matter what you have when all the tires hit the ice. Advice is to try to keep two wheels off the ice to prevent getting stuck and DON'T slam on the brake when you hit ice. Drive slow during heavy snow and keep significant distance between you and the car in front of you in case you do slide. Never be in a hurry to drive in the snow. The worst is when it rains and then gets cold and freezes and then snows on top of that so it's hard to see the ice. Snow is pretty, but ice is hell. Not looking forward to winter, can't you tell?

This is so true! Every year we have to drive through Buffalo, NY at Xmas and it's always the same story - big snowstorm and SUV after SUV in the ditch while us trusty sedan drivers inch through without incident. Four wheel drive is great, but too many ppl who have it think they are invincible in the snow and ice.

Ugh, Lori is a Monster in my neck of the woods to visit her son? :pink-shock:

Archived