IGNORED

Oh, The Horror! Stacy on IMMODESTLY DRESSED WOMEN

bea

We're interrupting this broadcast for some comic relief related to the germane topic of this thread.....

mcdonald_button.gif

mrs_mcdonald_small.jpg

mcdonald_koolaid.jpg

mcdonald_bible.gif

Back to regular programing!

Love it! Oh and I'm not so butthurt over being judged that I'm gonna up and leave. I've been through far, far worse elsewhere. I like this community. :)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Love it! Oh and I'm not so butthurt over being judged that I'm gonna up and leave. I've been through far, far worse elsewhere. I like this community. :)

Ok, let's review, AnnoDomini. You said this:

I can see I'm not welcome here. *sigh* Just one more place I don't belong. Story of my life.

And others, including me, said there is no need for you to leave, but that you should grow up and realize that not everyone is going to agree with every word that flows from your mouth.

So no one judged you because you were "gonna up and leave". We told you that you are welcome to stay, but please calibrate your expectations because we are an forum for adults to discuss often-controversial topics and you seem to get "butthurt" pretty easily.

This community, in my view, is pretty accepting. However, we make fun of flouncers like nobody's business. So if you're going to threaten to flounce and then come back and say how much you love this community, you're probably not going to enjoy the reaction that much. BTW, we're hard on trolls, too.

Just think about that for a moment before you childishly respond with "all that you've been through" and blah, blah, blah. A lot of people have been through a lot. Maybe different things than you, maybe some of the same. It doesn't excuse childish behavior.

I've totally been that parent with the crying kid who wouldn't stop no matter what I did, but I absolutely had to buy some things so I couldn't just leave, so instead I shopped quickly and tried to avoid seeing the nasty looks and hearing the comments about what an awful parent I was. :oops:

Kids cry sometimes. All kids. In an upscale restaurant or at the symphony, I think people have a right to expect for their experience to be crying-child-free. The supermarket? Not so much. I think the parents of the crying child are generally doing as much as they can to shop for what is necessary and take the child home. The parents of the kids running wild annoy me somewhat, but if I encounter that, I just head towards the other side of the store and "shop backwards".

Yeah, just like when I got to Walmart I expect people to be poorly dressed, when I go to the supermarket I kind of expect that their are going to be grouchy, crying kids. If kids are just running wild and it looks like they might hurt someone or hurt themselves, I'll go speak tohe management and then they will go tell the parents that they have to keep their kids with them and that they can't let them turn flips in the aisle. That usually works around here.

Don't get me wrong. It would be horrible and unhelpful to give a crying kid's parents a glare or bad look. However it is also annoying to negotiate your way round a child in the middle of an aisle who is alternating between sobbing and screaming " Mummy, look at me" while his parents determinedly ignore him.

There are Christian colleges where women eating strawberries or bananas is frowned upon. Too sensual. I'd have to look up which ones, but I know I've seen several sources on that. PCA comes to mind. . .

Seriously, zippers? What a freak. The same could be said with snaps or buttons or any fastener. Perhaps all women should just be sown into burqas :roll:

You could also be remembering the story of mine when I was at Liberty and one of my friends didn't think women should eat strawberries whole except in front of their husband because it was sensual looking and made men stumble. It was a great big pile of WTF when she told me this.

I still am confused on how we got to kids crying in grocery stores need to be beat from Stacy McDonald was abused and is insane about modesty?

Also, did I miss the rug shitting, because if not I sense it will happen soon.

I still am confused on how we got to kids crying in grocery stores need to be beat from Stacy McDonald was abused and is insane about modesty?

Also, did I miss the rug shitting, because if not I sense it will happen soon.

I think it was more of a "turtle head", but you know she can hold it only so long.

[My mother is on a rant because Michelle Obama is photographed wearing sleeveless shirts, and now she's started to notice that newscasters are wearing sleeveless shirts.

If I had Michelle Obama's arms, I'd be going sleeveless all the time myself.

If I had Michelle Obama's arms, I'd be going sleeveless all the time myself.

Hell, yes. I'd be sleeveless in the middle of winter if I had her arms!

And there's nothing I hate more than the tsk tsker who gets pissy faced when someone else's kid is crying and screaming in a store, especially when the tsk tsker is childless. If you hate crying children in stores so much, do something about it. Mothers have their hands full enough already without people giving them the look because their kid is crying. Try helping the frazzled mother instead of judging her.

A truer word was never spoken!

My compassion lies with the frazzled mother and her crabby kid. What do your issues have to do with a child pitching a fit in the store? How old are you?

C'mon now, let's not pull the "I disagree with you, so you must be young and stupid," response. Ageism works both ways.

I totally have not read the rest of this thread but....

Today I saw a young mother in the grocery store around lunchtime with one kid in the cart, one on the end and one walking. Both kids on/in the cart were trying alternately to work up a fit pitching with some clearly fake crying. Although the little girl in the cart was squeezing out some actual tears. :clap: So I walked by and said to them "That's some really fantastic fake crying! Great job! And gave her a thumbs up. She stopped crying and stood up and just stared at me like, "what he heck?" She looked a little like she was trying not to smile. I just kept walking and didn't hear anymore crying. Hopefully the mom wasn't offended but, hey, her kids stopped squalling so I felt like I did her a little favor and had a little fun at the same time.

Archived