IGNORED

Give Lori Alexander's parents medals

Lori's brag post on her parents.

My dad was at my sister's home the other day. My sister had several of her childhood friends over. One of the women asked my dad if she could talk to him. She sat down beside him. She then went on to tell him how much she appreciated my mom. She said my mom kept her from going down a very dark path when she was a teenager. She wept as she told my dad this.

We will never fully know how many people we influence in this life just by living a godly life and helping steer others from harm and evil. The greatest witness we have is in the way we live our lives. Others are watching...

My home was rare when I was growing up. Most of my friends parents were divorced or the mothers had careers and were away from the home all day. My dad was the sole provider so my mom could stay home and care for us.

Everyone loved coming to our home. My mom loved feeding every one and our home was always stocked with good food. My parents took us to church every Sunday, sent us to Christian summer camps every summer, paid for us to go to a Christian college {which was only $3500 for room, board, and tuition my freshmen year!}, and loved Jesus. Our faith was very important to us. My mom truly loved those whom God put into her path.

She has never been verbally outspoken about her faith but she did show her love for Jesus in the way she lived her life. Her main priority in life has always been people. She loves people! God tells us over and over in Scripture that if we love Him, we will love people.

Whenever I write about my home growing up and my mom, I have people comment who remember my home and mom and the love and warmth they felt there in this mixed up, torn apart society we live it. It was a place of refuge for many, many people, especially our friends when we were young.

If you have a home like that or were raised in a home like that, you are truly blessed. Thank your parents. Thank the Lord. Be eternally grateful for the deep roots your parents gave you in this world that seems upside down.

Lori's brag post on her parents.

Re. the bolded; If only her daughter could have learned this, too.

I also bet Lori's parents picked out the Christian college she went to. I wonder if she keeps in touch with childhood friends and I wonder if her friends have found her blog where Lori shits on families who have dealt with divorce and working moms.

Her parents sound like good people, but they did a poor job in raising a decent person in Lori. I doubt her children will have the same nice comments about her and Ken. My parents are 100% saints compared to Lori and Ken. When I read Lori's posts about child training, I want to go buy my parents a ton of flowers and tell them how glad I am that they were my parents instead. So, thanks Lori and Ken for making me see how great of a childhood I had compared to your children and grandchildren, whom I am rooting for to escape the cycle and run far, far away once they are old enough.

Sorry Lori, whenever I think of your mom I think of the post you did about her which focused on what a shitty wife she was to your dad.

I also remember Lori slammed her dad in some post by saying something that he wasn't a strong spirtual leader. It reminded me of how Boob slammed his dad in a similar vein at some church event.

They fill the roles Lori needs them to fill. Her descriptions of them always just happen to match whatever point she's trying to drive home.

In a previous post she says about them:

They have not had a happy marriage.

He was hardly ever home. When he was home, they would argue.

Today she says:

Everyone loved coming to our home.

Whenever I write about my home growing up and my mom, I have people comment who remember my home and mom and the love and warmth they felt there in this mixed up, torn apart society we live it. It was a place of refuge for many, many people, especially our friends when we were young.

If you have a home like that or were raised in a home like that, you are truly blessed. Thank your parents. Thank the Lord. Be eternally grateful for the deep roots your parents gave you in this world that seems upside down.

And when she's putting down her friends who had moms who were divorced and had careers, did she ever stop to think that maybe some of them were divorced because the husbands abandoned their families or were alcoholics or abusive towards their spouses. Naw, that too much to expect for Lori to put herself in someone else's shoes and show some compassion.

Lori's parents obviously werent that good to raise such an evil daughter.

Post is a work of fanciful fiction. All Lori's friends loved her and her parents. Uh huh. That's why she has to spout crap on the internet all the time, nae friends.

Nice dream though :lol:

And when she's putting down her friends who had moms who were divorced and had careers, did she ever stop to think that maybe some of them were divorced because the husbands abandoned their families or were alcoholics or abusive towards their spouses. Naw, that too much to expect for Lori to put herself in someone else's shoes and show some compassion.

I'd also say no, but because Lori thinks that women should not leave abusive husbands.

I don't think she's ever directly addressed abandonment, but her advice would probably be to just keep praying so that the husband would come back and instantly be a good provider.

I find this a bit of a red herring. Women don't need excuses to have careers or get divorced. They're perfectly legitimate choices in their own right, and not something that requires justification, or something that we should assume is undesirable but sometimes just necessary even though nobody should actually want it. Even if we did manage to convince Lori or others like her that abuse or alcoholism in a husband is a sufficient excuse for a woman to support herself with a career, she would still be missing the bigger point that a woman having a career doesn't have to be a tolerated evil.

I don't think realizes she is putting down her friends whose mothers were divorced or had careers. In a previous post, I mentioned wondering if her childhood friends know about or have found her blog. My parents are still married, but my mom had a career which she chose to have. If I had a friend like Lori who years later put down working moms or divorced couples I would be pissed. I have no issues with SAHMs in general, but the fundie type SAHMs piss me off at times. Lori clearly thinks her mother was better than the working moms of her friends, but she won't come out and say that. In this posting, she also tried to make her mom out to be the warm SAHM who gave refuge to heathen children of divorced parents or working moms.

Lori's mom really wasn't giving refuge to anyone. Lori just thinks she did. Maybe some of Lori's friends did like Lori's mom and going over there. But I doubt they viewed Lori's home as a refuge.

No Lori, I wasn't raised in a home like that. My mom worked because she wanted to and part of that reason was extra security for her family. My mom is one of the warmest people I know. Lori people can be raised in two income homes or by divorced parents and still be blessed.

Lori's mom sounds like she may have been a better mentor than Lori, if she focused more on demonstrating her faith through action and her treatment of others than through mere preaching.

I've noticed that Lori also says better things about her father than she does about Ken. Yes, there is also criticism, because she is a critical person, but she was genuinely grateful to her father when she got sick again and he helped her. In her eyes, Ken will never measure up to her father.

Good parents can have a lousy kid - esp. if that child went through some personal difficulties and a horrible marriage, and came out with a change in beliefs and views. The part of her nature that can be critical and bossy was likely always there. Directing that urge toward other women and children, however, came later.

I find this a bit of a red herring. Women don't need excuses to have careers or get divorced. They're perfectly legitimate choices in their own right, and not something that requires justification, or something that we should assume is undesirable but sometimes just necessary even though nobody should actually want it. Even if we did manage to convince Lori or others like her that abuse or alcoholism in a husband is a sufficient excuse for a woman to support herself with a career, she would still be missing the bigger point that a woman having a career doesn't have to be a tolerated evil.

In addition, how about women (single, married, partnered, and with or without children in any of those scenarios) have a career because they are talented in a certain area or just plain energetic and, while they may cherish motherhood, mother is not all they want to be.

I'm weary of the debate about how some women *have* to work. I, personally, *want* to work and I think I'm a pretty good mom.

When you are dealing with Lori, "have to" is the only argument that has a chance of being considered. For her and her ilk, a woman wanting to work goes against her true nature, God's plan, blah, blah, blah. You have to take baby steps with people like her. First you demonstrate crawling, and then you move on to walking.

"Have to" vs. "want to" is a bit of a false debate.

The question for me, and for many of the people that I know, is "what would work best for my family?" Theoretically, I suppose I could have found a way to stay home instead of taking on a contract when baby #1 was 7 mos. old. We could have gone more deeply into debt, we could have given up a fairly clean and safe apartment for one with more roaches and crack dealers, we could have given up our only vehicle and made it far more difficult to visit our parents or go grocery shopping, I could have worked a night shift on the few nights that my husband wasn't working at the hospital....but none of these things would have been better for our baby and our family than having our baby in a high-quality daycare during the day, while I earned enough money to pay for not only the childcare, but food and rent as well.

They have no interest in the question of "what would work best for my family?'. It's all about dogma to them. You stay at home whether you want to, need to, and regardless whether or not you live in substandard housing or can adequately feed and educate your blessings. Doesn't matter whether your a better mother when you are working as opposed to staying at home. One size fits all for fundamentalists, there are no individuals or individual families.

Lori's parents obviously werent that good to raise such an evil daughter.

Perhaps Lori's parents should wear this button:

bad-parent-702758.jpg

Perhaps Lori's parents should wear this button:

bad-parent-702758.jpg

That's harsh and unjustified, IMHO. A good parent can have a kid who sucks, esp. when that child decides to go off in a different direction as an adult. She didn't learn the whole submission thing from them.

Lori's parents may be good people. But at the same time I get feeling that some of Lori's traits were inherited from them. Lori's mom had the right to be SAHM, but I have to wonder if Lori's mom hated working women.

I also doubt it's Lori's parents' fault that their daughter turned out to be a turdbag... I would not blame them so harshly for the statements that this miserable, ill-willed, mean woman makes. Perhaps they are terribly ashamed of her. Some kids are born nuts. See: Jimbob. All they need is a means for them to channel their nuttery. And there's always religion or politics...

Yeah, true, some people are just born that way. Im sure there are good parents out there who have a kid who is a psychopath or something, and didnt go anything to cause it.

Archived