IGNORED

The Truth About Oprah and The Duggars

blisterine

Yeah that bikini story is so ridiculous and Michelle comes off as incredibly full of herself for telling it on television. I always wondered about the divorced couple who used to be her neighbors at the time seeing that. How pissy would that make you?

I've always wondered that too.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hah! I've never believed that story even if Mullet claims it to be true. If guys divorced their wives because teenage girls appear in bikinis, this would be a nation of single people. She is so full of herself and the supposed power of her own young body. I'm surprised that she never claimed a blind man regained his sight because she walked around in shorts or a dead man was revived when she flashed some cleavage. No wonder her daughters have to call out "Nike" and shield their brothers' eyes-- the boys might turn into devil worshipers at the sight of some lady flesh.

To be honest I never believed it either, but in Mullet and Boob's twisted minds it happened. And I can see Boob lording it over her.

I agree... It also makes no sense that they declined to answer other questions but chose to disclose that Josh masturbated and had sex. :wtf:

The possible explanation I'm seeing is if this question/answer section came after a whole bunch of "no comment" questions/answers and JB already knew he was going to pull the plug. His ego couldn't stand the fact that he lost, so he needed to give some other explanation. Knowing that the show was never going to air, he tried to salvage his pride from the election.

I honestly think that the truth about Oprah and the Duggars is..... NOBODY knows except the Duggars themselves.

Now, in my guessing, I'm guessing they went there, talked to her staff about what was going to happen on the show, didn't like something or other and she and they agreed to part ways. No huge secret or scandal. Just that she wanted to do or wanted them to do things they didn't like and when they didn't do things the way she wanted, she and they agreed to cancel the appearance.

I'm sure if there was TRULY some sort of scandal, it would have leaked out by now WITH true facts to back it up.

I also don't believe that anyone would say they'll give you money for college but not for an apprenticeship.

I'm not saying the story is true, but if this did happen, how much do you want to bet that JBoob's idea of "apprenticeship" A) means the kiddos will do something where good ol' Dad will be breathing down their necks the whole time, B) must get Gothard's approval or be linked to ATI in some way, and C) really be no apprenticeship at all in that it won't actually teach real-world, to-standards skills that could be used anywhere anyway? I don't blame Oprah one bit for saying no to that. All she'd be doing is padding Goddard's pockets some more and implicitly legitimizing this soul-sucking organization.

yeah I've heard that one a million times too, almost as much as I've heard the jello twins thing

The Jello Twins sure get around. I hear they've been birthed/admitted/and/or/ visited the ER in my hospital. Several times, in fact. :think:

Can someone explain to me what's so funny about the Jello twins? I usually get jokes, but not this one :/

Can someone explain to me what's so funny about the Jello twins? I usually get jokes, but not this one :/

It's not really funny.

Allegedly some ignorant woman names her twins Orangello and Lemongelo (Orange Jello and Lemon Jello).

Ha ha?

Ooooh, ok. I thought there was supposed to be something funny about their names, like the pronunciation.

Isn't there some guy named Beezow doo-doo zopittybop-bop-bop? Sure, it's not his birth name, but I think it's his legal name. ABCDE sounds fairly normal in comparison.

J'Chelle and Boob have shown that they're not as smart as people make them out to be. J'Chelle is dumb enough to think that mowing the lawn in a bikini ended her neighbor's marriage. You're not God, J'Chelle! I'm sure they had other problems that contributed to their split.

J'Chelle and Boob have shown that they're not as smart as people make them out to be.

When you put your critical thinking skills out to pasture permanently at 17 and 19 respectively (probably younger than that, actually), I don't think there's any way you can truly be smart. JBoob may be good at numbers and "business," but even that could be done via "rote" learning; once learned, he could just kind of plug everything through the process without having to be really analytical (just a lot of "prayin' on it" involved, doncha know).

• 3 weeks later...

First of all I would like to thank Blisterine for having the guts to tackle this topic on this forum. As we all know there have been rumours abound regarding Oprah and the Duggars and IF in fact there was an interview and WHY it didn't air. Last night I had my high school class reunion. A former classmate/friend of mine was on Oprahs production team in Chicago. She was asked to take another job on OWN and chose not to follow her when she left as my friend was beginning her family and chose to move on. I asked her flat out if Oprah EVER did an interview with the Duggars.

Here are the facts:

YES...100% TRUE the Duggars did an interview with Oprah

Reason it didn't air: There was a problem with one of the kids.

I DO NOT know the problem. Internet rumours fly around and usually take on a life of their own...HOWEVER...they usually start with one small piece of truth.

I have my friends number and if anyone has a question that you think will help find out...let me know and I will not hesitate to ask her. And again Blisterine way to take the step and start this thread. :clap:

First of all I would like to thank Blisterine for having the guts to tackle this topic on this forum. As we all know there have been rumours abound regarding Oprah and the Duggars and IF in fact there was an interview and WHY it didn't air. Last night I had my high school class reunion. A former classmate/friend of mine was on Oprahs production team in Chicago. She was asked to take another job on OWN and chose not to follow her when she left as my friend was beginning her family and chose to move on. I asked her flat out if Oprah EVER did an interview with the Duggars.

Here are the facts:

YES...100% TRUE the Duggars did an interview with Oprah

Reason it didn't air: There was a problem with one of the kids.

I DO NOT know the problem. Internet rumours fly around and usually take on a life of their own...HOWEVER...they usually start with one small piece of truth.

I have my friends number and if anyone has a question that you think will help find out...let me know and I will not hesitate to ask her. And again Blisterine way to take the step and start this thread. :clap:

Does your friend know what the problem with one of the kids was and didn't/couldn't say? Or was she vague about it? I admit, I'd be very, very curious to know why this interview was never aired. I'm not familiar with the internet rumours. Or are you referring to the "sin in the camp" statement?

Was there a live audience during the interview? Were the Duggars paid for the interview? Was there a list of questions Oprah could not ask?

Was Oprah offering the kids scholarships?

Could it be that the timing coincided with Josh having to go to alert or wherever he went and they just didn't want to have to explain that?

Yes, Jim Bob is a single issue kinda guy. Not great if you want to be a politician.

BTW,I just noticed that someone has updated the Wikipedia entry on Jim Bob and family to include the ATI/IBLP connection. I wonder how long that will stay there?

I was able to add it a while back with references, but someone kept attempting to delete it and added the comment about the information being unnecessary or something. I finally had it up for over a week and then quit checking to see if it had been deleted again. This was over a year ago, though.

The Bill Gothard/IBLP page also seems to have been edited by his drones. Even if JB's page includes his connections to ATI, that page makes Gothard Co seem completely harmless.

Not a huge fan of Oprah but I always got the impression she was fairly gentle when it came to dealing with kids. Would she really have pushed for deals about how the sexual activities of a minor might have affected his father's political career? I thought she was the sort of person happy to go for a regular adult but would leave children or other vulnerable people alone.

I asked my friend the questions you guys put out there. She didn't really give me any more info other than the reason it didn't air was because of "something suspicious one of the kids did" (her exact words). She didn't know which kid or what they did. It was taped at their house (the TTH not their old small one).

She couldn't remember any more to it because it was several years ago and this was not one of Oprah's more high profile, memorable tapings. When I first asked her about it she looked puzzled and then said oh do you mean that family with all the kids in Arkansas? I know we obsess over here about them but obviously they didn't mean much to anybody involved in that taping. She said they never got the specifics and it just went away.

kpmom-the internet rumours I was referring to are the sin in the camp, josh duggar molestation, girls getting scholarships, josh getting caught masterbating, etc.

Ooooh, ok. I thought there was supposed to be something funny about their names, like the pronunciation.

Isn't there some guy named Beezow doo-doo zopittybop-bop-bop? Sure, it's not his birth name, but I think it's his legal name. ABCDE sounds fairly normal in comparison.

YES. And he is alive and well in Madison. You can occasionally meet up with him on State street. He is a very sweet guy but a little scary when he's off his meds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beezow_Doo ... op-bop-bop

I haven't read this thread all the way through, but this sounds like it would have been an episode from way back when Oprah's show was a trash talk show. I can see JB throwing his kids under the bus, but I have serious doubts a fundie would ever admit on a TV show that he caught his son masturbating. This also begs the question, why didn't any audience members from that come forward with this information? Did they (audience) have to sign a confidentiality form?

Anyway, if this story is indeed true, I could see Oprah pulling the plug on airing it. I would be pissed too if I offered somebody's kids a free ride to college only to have it turned down and bargained down to apprenticeships. And, I am no Oprah fan by any stretch of the imagination (because of her trash talk show past).

Since Can'thelpbutlook says the interview was taped at the Duggar's house, that would answer why no audience member has ever come forward.

I have a question. Does anyone remember watching Oprah in her early days, right after she got her own talk show, and then seeing fights break out with her guests, a la Jerry Springer?

I seem to remember seeing something to this effect from my early childhood, around 1988, but am having one devil of a time finding clips of it online. Perhaps I am mistaken.

Did anyone else follow Oprah at that time and see anything like that?

Oprah and every other talk show at that time was of the trashy, confrontational type. One incident that sticks out in my mind is the murder of Scott Amedure. In an episode of the Jenny Jones show that never aired (a portion of it is on YouTube), Amedure admitted to his friend, Jonathan Schmitz that he had a crush on him. 3 days later Schmitz killed Amedure. Just Google for additional details. Then of course there was the skinhead brawl on the Geraldo Rivera show which led to Geraldo getting a broken nose (there's a YouTube video of that). There are probably others, but those are the 2 I can recall off the top of my head.

ETA: Left out some details

I have no problem with rumours that the Duggars filmed a segment for Oprah that never aired. It may or may not be true, but there's nothing malicious behind it. The problem I have is with the rumours about WHY it never aired. Some of them ARE very malicious, and have absolutely no evidence to back them up. If people were saying, "I wonder if it was because..." that would be one thing, but the issue is with people saying, "It never aired because Jim Bob said they caught Josh molesting someone!!" Other people assume it's true, and it just spreads from there.

Oprah and every other talk show at that time was of the trashy, confrontational type. One incident that sticks out in my mind is the murder of Scott Amedure. In an episode of the Jenny Jones show that never aired (a portion of it is on YouTube), Amedure admitted to his friend, Jonathan Schmitz that he had a crush on him. 3 days later Schmitz killed Amedure. Just Google for additional details. Then of course there was the skinhead brawl on the Geraldo Rivera show which led to Geraldo getting a broken nose (there's a YouTube video of that). There are probably others, but those are the 2 I can recall off the top of my head.

ETA: Left out some details

If the Oprah interview with the Duggars was taped at the TTC, this would have happened some ten years after that Jenny Jones episode. By that point, Oprah had long since abandoned her trashy talk show format in favor of a more positive focus. I remember the trashy talk show era very well; it started in the late 1980s and reached its peak in the mid-1990s. But then along came reality TV and most of those shows fizzled. Why watch badly behaved people in a television studio when you can observe them in their natural habitat?

Archived