IGNORED

The Truth About Oprah and The Duggars

blisterine

I really hate J-B, Michelle, Josh and Anna. I dislike the friendly veneer, the good ol' "Aw, shucks!" schtick that they have (Jim Bob is a big user of this) which is mainly a façade to proselitize to us Godless heathens. I'd venture that a very big % of the people that consider themselves Duggar Fans (how can one be a fan of a reality show "star" I have no clue, but that's not the point) only think that JB and M are just regular red state conservative christians that chose to have a lot more kids than the average US family. These fans are likely conservative Evangelicals themselves, vote GOP, consider themselves pro-life (I call them pro-forced births). If they would research more and find out about Gothardism and ATI's complete way of life, if they would stop a minute and really think about how the future of at least 16 of these 19 kids is bleak -money wise and education wise- a lot of the fans would temper their Duggar enthousiasm. Some would reply "What about Josh working in DC?? What were YOU doing at 25?" My answer is that I was working in a domain I love while studying and, last but not least, I wasn't working as the PR face of a hate group. :disgust: If Josh wasn't known as the annoying first born son of a :cray-cray: fundie family on Tv would he have ever gotten that jon in the first place? Doubtful. I detest the FRC with all my might, but I'd bet a few $$ that he'll be the guy coworkers laugh at during lunch break. He never went to school, not having ever taken a few American history classes at night at a community college, while many of his new colleagues are likely Liberty University law school graduates (which is not Ivy League calliber obviously, but it's more than Josh has).

I'm not a fan of Oprah although I admire her drive and respect her. I have no problems believing the scholarship offers with the condition that all the kids attend public school beforehand, as Oprah's main cause is education (sp. for girls); on the surface it seems plausible. Maybe a that the kids have a tutor coming in once or twice a week for some subjects?

But for some reason I don't believe in this particular story, as there is something "odd" about it, AFAIC. Oprah started her career as a hard news journalist (and she was a great one at that) so I do have trouble imagining her nodding her head in agreement while JB tells her the "Josh masturbating is the reason for my defeat" story. She likely would have dug deeper into the whole thing to see what lies beneath, at least I hope so...

Maybe a contact was made between O's people and the Duggars, but nothing came up... :think:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I knew the real story! I heard about the Oprah/Duggars story years ago, way before I ever came to FJ. It's probably a simple disagreement over college scholarships. But I totally remember the rumors that Josh had molested someone.

I found this out when I didn't know about the ATI/Gothardism and I doubted it too. But after what has been uncovered, it started to make sense.

E. told me that Jim Bob said he lost the election because Josh practiced Onanism- she thought it was like Wicca! When I explained that it was masturbation, she laughed her ass off.

I have started to post this several times but I knew some people would think it to be false. You can take it like I do- a story told by an employee to another person. You can believe it or not, I am simply repeating what I was told. It does make sense that Oprah wouldn't want to give money for college to kids who might not have an adequate education to actually do college level work- not kids playing at homeschooling with Wisdom books and Switched on Schoolhouse.

If you don't believe it, fine. You won't hurt my feelings. I am simply repeating what I was told. Take it with a grain of salt, a dash of pepper and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. I am only repeating what I was told by an employee who was in good standing with Harpo productions when she told me. It wasn't like she had an axe to grind or anything.

Saying "I'm only repeating what I was told" over and over really doesn't change the fact that you are spreading a bullshit rumor. If you don't have verifiable information, don't spread it.

More ranting about spreading false information:

http://jrkmommy-personalandpolitical.bl ... atter.html

Does anyone know the origin of the Oprah and Duggar rumor? I know this has been discussed before here on FJ. It is also been discussed on twop and IMDB. I don't think we will ever know if the Duggars appeared on Oprah. I will say that I can picture Boob rejecting scholarship offers for his kids from anyone.

It is my understanding that the Oprah and "sin in the camp" rumours were started by jhawksgirl1. AKA ofDuggar. AKA Razing Ruth. I do not know if that was really the origin of the rumours, though.

But still, I don't believe it.

I wish I knew the real story! I heard about the Oprah/Duggars story years ago, way before I ever came to FJ. It's probably a simple disagreement over college scholarships. But I totally remember the rumors that Josh had molested someone.

I also remember the Josh molestation rumors. I remember a rumor on IMDB that Josh molested one of the younger Duggar boys and that Boob and Mullet covered it up and kept Josh out of legal trouble. Other versions have gone around, in some versions the victim was a Duggar girl and in others the victim was outside of the family. I don't believe the Josh molestation rumors at all.

I very respectfully say this I dont believe any of that Oprah story.

"we don't want to tarnish our image"

I dont believe Duggar would say that.

And the scholarship condition, who the hell Oprah think she is say I give you money if kids get the education MY way. I dont believe she said it.

I only know what I was told. If I were told the story today, I would have a million questions. I think I was told around 2005 or so. She did say the family was all dressed alike in their "clown clothes", so the entire family must have gone. I told her the jumpers were lovingly called frumpers and she agreed.

I have started a post about this many times but erased it because, as you can see, people don't believe it. I also wanted to keep my promise to E. I only shared it now because enough time had passed and E. no longer works there. Call bullshit on me all you want, I am only repeating what I was told and thought it might be of interest to the members here. If you call bullshit on me, not E., you can put it in a paper bag, set it fire and stomp it out.

Oh, from TWOP? I only recognized her name from here.

Ok. That and the supremely unfortunate timing raises my raises level of skepticism from 99% to 99.99999%. Thanks.

I could have sworn that the Duggars had appeared on Oprah at least once. However, a quick google now tells me that the Duggar family have never appeared on Oprah.

Then I could have sworn that I saw Julia Child drop a whole turkey on the floor then pick it up and serve it. No, that was a Saturday Night Live spoof. It was a good one. :D

By "Duggar snark forum", I meant FJ.

I only know what I was told. If I were told the story today, I would have a million questions. I think I was told around 2005 or so.

I wish you could find that employee and ask her the more questions. No way to do that? Please try!

True or not, the idea that Jim Bob would blame his son's whacking off for a lost election is hilarious. I'm guess the loss is that people didn't vote for him because he's a dangerous loon who's only issue was abortion.

Boob and J'Chelle are shitty parents in more ways than this. This doesn't take the cake when it comes to their parenting flaws. I'm calling BS on the OP. Sorry

I don't believe Jim Bob would say "we don't want to tarnish our image," with one breath, and then with the next say that his son was caught masturbating/fornicating with a girl he was not betrothed to/molesting one of his siblings. It just doesn't mesh.

And the scholarship condition, who the hell Oprah think she is say I give you money if kids get the education MY way. I dont believe she said it.

I very respectfully agree with you. Oprah is a journalist first. This type of story would not have been buried by her. I just don't feel it rings true.

I don't buy it one bit. And now to figure out who our OP really is.

Is Mrs. Mari back? Is it Raising Ruth's alter ego? Is it yet another troll who managed to get enough posts here at FJ to establish some kind of implied credibility?

Inquiring minds want to know.

True or not, the idea that Jim Bob would blame his son's whacking off for a lost election is hilarious. I'm guess the loss is that people didn't vote for him because he's a dangerous loon who's only issue was abortion.

Agree!

I also don't believe Oprah would say or demand things like that.

I don't buy it one bit. And now to figure out who our OP really is.

Is Mrs. Mari back? Is it Raising Ruth's alter ego? Is it yet another troll who managed to get enough posts here at FJ to establish some kind of implied credibility?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I wouldn't go quite that far on the troll thing. Yet. Curious has assured us that she has done a thorough screen for trolls. Also, there was a Blisterine back on yuku. Of course, that could be someone else altogether. :shrug:

The timing does seem to be blatant attention-seeking though. Sorry, Blisterine.

I wouldn't go quite that far on the troll thing. Yet. Curious has assured us that she has done a thorough screen for trolls. Also, there was a Blisterine back on yuku. Of course, that could be someone else altogether. :shrug:

The timing does seem to be blatant attention-seeking though. Sorry, Blisterine.

I'm not Mrs. Mari.

I'm not Razing Ruth. I didn't make a penny from this.

So I joined the yuku board 8 or 9 years ago so I could establish on-line credibility? Get real!

It was not posted to get attention, it was posted in response to another post where the Oprah situation is being discussed. I stand by my account as I trusted E. I don't have her number because the cellphone I had her number stored in died. When I got my new one, I wasn't able to recover my contacts because no one ever told me about backing it up. About a month later, my son jacked around with the old phone and got me my old contacts. E.'s number had been disconnected. I tried calling her at Harpo but she no longer worked there.

I only use this name on this forum. I have another identity I use when I manage my blogs. I have 28 different blogs, some very technical, others just goofy stuff, a few for recipes and one for friends and family.

Thanks for calling me a troll. You're being a mean girl! :disgust:

OT

28 blogs????? That must keep you busy.

I have one and it's for the dogs only.

Other than that I have FB if folks live far away.

All I'm saying is that I've seen countless nice, honest people on the internet earnestly insist that they know someone (often a mother, sister-in-law, or best friend) who knew someone who named their twins Orangejello and Lemonjello.

:lol: :lol: :lol: (pronounced or-AN-juh-lo and le-MON-juh-lo)

Thank you for this comparison. For whatever reason, the perpetuation of the story of the Jello twins bothers me more than just about any other story/lie/hoax/urban legend on the internets.

Topic? I could buy some of it (scholarships offers from Oprah), but I'll never believe Boob would give specifics like that, re: the "sin in the camp" or flat out state that he doesn't want to tarnish his image. It's obvious he doesn't want to, but he wouldn't say it like that. Also agree that there's no way some members of the audience wouldn't have found their way online to describe it all by now.

I'm not Mrs. Mari.

I'm not Razing Ruth. I didn't make a penny from this.

So I joined the yuku board 8 or 9 years ago so I could establish on-line credibility? Get real!

It was not posted to get attention, it was posted in response to another post where the Oprah situation is being discussed. I stand by my account as I trusted E. I don't have her number because the cellphone I had her number stored in died. When I got my new one, I wasn't able to recover my contacts because no one ever told me about backing it up. About a month later, my son jacked around with the old phone and got me my old contacts. E.'s number had been disconnected. I tried calling her at Harpo but she no longer worked there.

I only use this name on this forum. I have another identity I use when I manage my blogs. I have 28 different blogs, some very technical, others just goofy stuff, a few for recipes and one for friends and family.

Thanks for calling me a troll. You're being a mean girl! :disgust:

I didn't call you a troll. I questioned whether you were one. Two different things. Speculation vs. accusation. And I am not a mean girl. That's an example of an accusation.

:lol: :lol: :lol: (pronounced or-AN-juh-lo and le-MON-juh-lo)

Thank you for this comparison. For whatever reason, the perpetuation of the story of the Jello twins bothers me more than just about any other story/lie/hoax/urban legend on the internets.

Topic? I could buy some of it (scholarships offers from Oprah), but I'll never believe Boob would give specifics like that, re: the "sin in the camp" or flat out state that he doesn't want to tarnish his image. It's obvious he doesn't want to, but he wouldn't say it like that. Also agree that there's no way some members of the audience wouldn't have found their way online to describe it all by now.

I do like picturing the whole family sitting in Oprah's studio smiling like Cheshire cats while Jim Bob very seriously tells her that he caught Josh practising Onanism. And Oprah smiling and nodding as if she knows what Onanism means.

OT: While googling the spelling of "Cheshire", I learned that Cheshire cats are fictional. It's not a real breed. :embarrassed:

All I'm saying is that I've seen countless nice, honest people on the internet earnestly insist that they know someone (often a mother, sister-in-law, or best friend) who knew someone who named their twins Orangejello and Lemonjello.

hahaha...my uncle is a social worker in Iowa and he actually had a client who named her sons those names! He also had a client named "Abcde." That was pronounced "Absidee."

Archived