IGNORED

God told this man to starve his infant

delilahdog11

The same one which thinks its OK to kill pregnant women, bash the heads of babies against rocks and sanction the rape of female, virgin POWs I would imagine. Funny how god is used as an excuse isn't it. Its almost as though people are using a mythical deity's commands to control others. Oh wait...

OMG, I think I'm going to be sick. That poor child. I can't even beign to articulate what I'd do to that wasteof oxygen, that sorry excuse for a human being that did this to him.

Hywelis

This is absolutely horrible. Poor child ...

I feel there is a lot of history like that. I knew two sisters that parents starved. They were disabled because of this : bones were to fragile. I have read many newspaper stories of parents who starve their children or whose children are starving because their parents are too vegetarian-homeopathy-that sort of thing. It is as if a lot of sect used hunger to enslave their believer.

When I saw the title of this thread I thought: Oh, no. Not another one! I was relieved that it was the old Taunton, MA case.

The Robidoux case was local to me at the time. The Boston Globe covered it thoroughly. The women (mothers) were completely subjugated and rendered completely dysfunctional by the spiritual abuse. Mingo too, I think, although her role is more difficult to understand. Her "visions" sparked the starvation, IIRC.

I remember reading about this when it happened. I am constantly amazed about what it is in the human that allows us to become so captive to religious thought. This goes back to primitive ancestors and a base fear response but it is amazing what that base need triggers in some.

I remember a case in 2000 of David and Kyndra Fink- they did the same thing but they did allow their child blended lettuce and watermelon. They thought he was the Chirstchild, and when he was put in a hospital by CPS they kidnapped the little fellow and fled to a remote mountain in the dead of winter- while Kyndra was 9 months pregnant. She gave birth in a tent, and the family was found when the fat father hitchhiked back to the location after going to town for a couple of cheeseburgers and beer.

http://www.rickross.com/reference/tlc/tlc12.html

You know, if Dede and Greg claim to have supernatural forces operating their pregnancy, then what's to say they won;t give birth to the next Christchild.... and give him stigmata or something.

Here in the US, the process is way too hard to help the children of these fanatic abusers. We have to change that. What a sickening tragedy.

Freedom of religion has it's downside. Here is another old case involving Christian Scientists. It is a landmark case because the parents were convicted.

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/08/06/us/in ... all&src=pm

The convictions were appealed later. The father's conviction was overturned. The mother's upheld, because towards the very end of this poor child's life she waivered in her faith and wanted to call an ambulance.

Freedom of religion has it's downside. Here is another old case involving Christian Scientists. It is a landmark case because the parents were convicted.

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/08/06/us/in ... all&src=pm

The convictions were appealed later. The father's conviction was overturned. The mother's upheld, because towards the very end of this poor child's life she waivered in her faith and wanted to call an ambulance.

Interesting article. Their was a Law & Order episode I guess based on this case.

It all comes down to children as possessions. Would these people do the same thing to another adult? I (would like to) doubt it. They are nutjobs who don't deserve fertility. Or breath.

It all comes down to children as possessions. Would these people do the same thing to another adult? I (would like to) doubt it. They are nutjobs who don't deserve fertility. Or breath.

Agree!

Archived