IGNORED

Dexter- The Final Season

keen23

Just so much argh! about last night's episode. Did anyone else see it yet? Is anyone else sick of over-emoting Deb? What about Harrison (Harry's Son?) being used as a plot device? I loved the Trinity arc. I didn't even mind Lumen. But, so much fuckwittery last night, I could hardly stand it.

:( I suspect it won't be. Friggin Scott Buck.

Yeah, the exposition in the first episode was baaaad. I realise it was necessary because of the choices they made about

a six month gap transition

, but wow. Then again,

most of the early seasons acknowledge a gap of 9 or so months between each season - it was only after s4 they had to jump in immediately afterwards, and s6, because they were cliffhangers. And yet the first episode of s2 was not so appalling written, was it?

I will rag on the show mercilessly until its very end, but just you wait - I'll still watch the damn thing.

I liked it, actually, and from what I've seen the critics generally liked it as well. I didn't really watch last season, but I'm curious to see how it will all end.

I am ready for Dexter to end. I am watching because I have been watching since the first episode, but I feel about it like I felt about Desperate Housewives--I am just in it because I am along for the ride.

I also loved the season John Lithgow was in. Hated the season with Colin Hanks. (Seriously?)

Now? I hope the finale is as good as Six Feet Under, but I somehow doubt it.

It kind of feels like Dexter is either going to train Deb in Harry's rules or he's going to have to off her or something. I doubt that Dexter will be alive at the end. But, if it ends like Big Love, I'm OK with it. If it ends like Sopranos, there will be rage.

I really enjoyed the season with John too.

I don't know how I feel about Deb this season, I've only watched the first episode so far though so I guess we'll see! :)

Keen, I'm also wondering if they off Dexter this season. So curious about how it will all end!

I honestly can't believe I'm still watching this show. I guess it's just that I have the time and I've come this far, so why not? I mean, that said, I'm beyond ready for this show to be over. I lost my enthusiasm completely during season 6. I just want Dexter to die and for everyone at Miami Metro and also the viewers at home to go on with their lives, haha. And it's not even that I didn't enjoy the first couple of episodes, because I kind of did and I like Deb but... it's time!

I actually really enjoyed the season with Lumen. The season with the Trinity dude, well, John (Jon?) Lithgow's performance was great, but I don't remember really enjoying much else from that season... I'd say I need to rewatch to really have an opinion, but I am pretty sure I will never feel like doing that.

I can't believe I'm still watching, either. It seems like Dexter has to end up dead. After two seasons of being pretty bored with the show I now can't wait to see how it ends.

Archived