IGNORED

Upcoming Babies Part 2

happy atheist

So am I. I wonder how they'll manage to top Sauntina LaVerle. Anything normal will be almost be an anti-climax (although it's got to better for the poor kid).

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised Kressant isn't pregnant yet, or if she is we haven't seen her for quite awhile to know. Byron was her last one right? And it's been 9 months for Katie now, so you know she should be having another soon enough.

Kendalyn's brother Kerzdenn is having his third in as many years in November. They are all ATI I believe....

That is the most awful name ever, and it also sounds like a girls name, like the mother wanted to name the kid Kirsten but couldnt spell it or wanted to be unique.

Is it terrible that I'm really excited about this baby name?

Perfectly understandable. Kendalyn also has a brother Jevenn. I think both families are ATI, the two met when 'serving', K & R's stories are on the blog.

Kendalyn also has a brother Jevenn.

Oof, what's worse: Jevenn or Kerzdenn? I'm voting for Jevenn--it sounds like something out a bad fantasy novel. Kerzdenn is awful, too, but doesn't sound quite as ugly to my ear.

Oof, what's worse: Jevenn or Kerzdenn? I'm voting for Jevenn--it sounds like something out a bad fantasy novel. Kerzdenn is awful, too, but doesn't sound quite as ugly to my ear.

I wonder what names they decided they didn't like as much when those kids were born...

Kendalynn got off lightly. I think her name is supposed to be a combination of her parent first names (Kendal + Marilyn). I wouldn't be surprised if her siblings names where concocted in a similar way. Gothard pedals some theory about the importance of names. It makes Doug (is a tool)'s doctrine of the importance of epistemologically correct names seem almost sensible.

If Gothard emphasizes the importance of names, how the heck did 'Mackynzie' ever happen?

They have a cousin name Mackenzie. They wanted to use the name but didn't want to spell it the same way. They talk about it in one of the family reunion episodes.

Yep, I know the story of how Mackynzie got her name. I just don't understand Gothard's standards for names if that one passed his criteria. Actually, does anyone have the info on what Gothard says about names, and what the Vision Forum stance is? I'm kind of a name geek so I'd love to know.

I could be wrong, but I think these are the name rules:

- Name your child after historical figures you admire

-Use family names

-Biblical names

-Virtue Names

I'm not sure if these are Gothard's rule or the rules of another fundie leader.

Her name is Lynnora Jean Lane.

Another goofy SOTDRT spelling. :roll: Lenora looks better and would reduce a lifetime of correcting her name. :angry-banghead:

Another goofy SOTDRT spelling. :roll: Lenora looks better and would reduce a lifetime of correcting her name. :angry-banghead:

She posted asking what people thought of Lynn instead of Len because Lynn is her middle name and everyone told her the uncommon spelling is a pain. But then again, she won't go to school (or even the doctor often)....oy.

Lois would have been interesting.

Or Penny. :dance:

Archived