IGNORED

We Are Lie #5

blisterine

This is old, but gotta love #5!

getalonghome.com/2011/12/world-hate-duggars/

Well by looking at the thousands of people raised in ATI a lot like the Duggars, chances are at least one of the kids will rebel, but most likely it will be more. Their rebellion won't even have to be too horrible, just a daughter putting on pants or a son going to a real college.

If I had time I would post my counter to every one of her points, but alas I don't. But generally, most parents want their children to have opportunities to discover their talents - when you have too many kids and not enough money you have to cut some corners, so basketball camp, art classes, and other such activities get cut first.

As to her point about the older daughters not being slaves but helping raise their siblings, tell me where it's normal to have adult daughters do that and not work/go to school (with the exception of Jill). I bet if Michelle had to raise all those kids on her own she would have asked B00b to get the snip a long time ago.

Well, don't know about the rest of you, but I dislike the Duggars intensely because I realize the image they project on their TV show isn't real. In other words, they are fake.

Since Duggar number 20 was Jubilee the OP in that link is really behind the times. As for the rest, just typical generalizations. Unless these people take a survey, they're just blowing smoke.

Lie 8: Motherhood is a dead-end job. Another one I’ve covered elsewhere. Suffice it to say that Michelle Duggar is a paragon of contented motherhood, and it makes “feminists†crazy.

Oh FFS. This feminist isn't driven crazy by Mama D, this feminist is sad and disgusted. Sad because I don't think her children are happy and I don't think she is happy-- so all of her efforts actually made her family more screwed up, less contented. Second I'm disgusted because she is one of the worst mothers on TV, certainly NOT MOTY material but the leghumpers are too deluded to see the truth. Really everything a mother should do (teach their children about the world, train them to have good social graces, prepare them for a future, keep them safe and healthy) has either not been done at all or else done by one of the J'slaves.

I particularly like the one about how if the Duggars claimed their evolutionary fitness was the reason they birthed a softball team, we'd give them a pass.

Um. Nope. Pretty sure that they've tried that angle with, "the whole population could stand up in Jacksonville, Florida." They couldn't crap anywhere without destroying the local ecosystem, but they could sure all stand there.

Can anyone think of a huge family that isn't some variety of extreme religion? Or maybe even some die hard Pastafarian family with 12 kids? If anyone knows of one, FJ should, since it's a group of relatively intelligent people who spend a lot of time on the Internet interested in people with lot of kids. Seems to me that large broods are the result of a specific mind set that is at odds with her assertion that if they just spun this from the "right angle" we'd be OK with it.

I dont hate the Duggars...its just the parents I hate for ruining their childrens lives. I quite like most of the "kids" except for Josh.

They just dont get it.

Its not just the kids helping eachother. Theyre raising eachother. If they were just helping out their parents, it would be little things like a kid making a drink for their little brother while their parents are both busy with toddlers, or asking a teenager to hold their little sister's hand when they go out because Michelle and Jimbob are both pushing strollers or holding a toddler in each hand, or helping out with a few chores.

When have we ever seen Michelle and Jimbob look after the children. 99% of the time, when we see the Duggar family, the older daughters are holding the babies and Michelle and Jimbob are together. Most of the time we see anyone looking after a child, its the older daughters. They do as much child raising as the average parent. Theyre also the ones who do all of the chores, to the point where I actually dont know what Michelle's jurisdictions are other than make babies.

It is a dysfunctional family. They have a narcissistic baby addicted mother who wants attention just for existing and will pull a camera out every time her children get hurt. The dad is a complete idiot who cant keep his mouth shut with ignorant comments and cant keep it in his pants. Their oldest son is a lazy, incompetent and self centred douchebag who works for a hate group. Out of their four oldest daughters, one of them is very obviously depressed and is struggling with her life raising her siblings and giving everything up for them to the point where a small incident from childhood is a very traumatic childhood memory that haunts her years later, one is actually happy, but doesnt realise yet that shes at such a disadvantage in life and her dreams are never going to come true because her parents lied to her about the quality of the education she is getting. The other two recognise how messed up this is, in some way, theyre not interested in being part of their parents plans for them, they dont like babies but are forced to raise them and I think they at least sometimes wish they were normal. Jinger has big dreams, but Duggar kids arent allowed to have dreams, so Michelle just crushed her dreams and didnt even give her a voice, speaking on her behalf. Then theres Josiah and Joy, who also dont seem to fit into the fundie boy and girl box, they have interests which are unnaproved. The Howlers run wild, and the little girls are ignored to the point where their speech is far behind normal because nobody bothers talking to them.

Their beliefs are messed up on so many levels, and this is why we want the children to get out. We arent hoping they end up with crappy lives, and wishing for them to run away from home and end up homeless and on drugs. We want the best for them, we can see that the lifestyle is bad for them, and we can tell that they are unhappy, and we want them to have their own lives and get what they want in life. We want to see them succeed in what they want to in life. We want them to live their dreams, because we "angry people on the internet" care about the Duggar kids more than their parents or fundies do.

Having babies isnt that bad for your health for most people. Having 19 pregnancies and not giving up even after it nearly kills you is bad for you, and the existing children.

Christianity isnt creepy. Gothard's cult is creepy. They are not in any way representative of normal Christians, other than that they both believe in Jesus and read the Bible. Christians are mostly good people. Gothard is a dirty pervert who touches teenage interns. Child abuse is rampant. And yes, it is somewhat creepy to see all these children dressed alike singing together.

LOL, this one considers Smockity Frocks her hero :? Consider the source...

From the comments:

Great post, Cindy! And, you may have a first here: a story about the Duggars that doesn’t have the comments section full of vile comments :)

Cindy December 7, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Give ‘em time. They’ll be around. My spam filter is set to catch all the dirty words like ‘fundie’ and ‘breeder’, so it’s possible they’ve already tried. ;-)

Now that's a filter! :lol:

Fundie and breeder are dirty words?

I don't hate the Duggars, not even the parents and I think that it is melodramatic to claim "the world' hates the Duggars.

It takes a village. We have been trained by our own experiences with socialized education to believe that children are impossible to handle without the help of professionals

It is pretty easy to defeat a concept when you give it your own meaning apart from how most people define it. I don't know anyone that believes you need professionals to raise your children. Unless the writer means regular doctor visits. Yes, occasionally take your child to the doctor.

Some parents do need additional professional help. My daughter sees a physical therapist because she is hypermobile. Okay, I'm guilty of thinking my particular child needs help that I can't provide and I want the person helping her to be an expert on those issues.

However, I don't think that every child-or even most- need to see a physical therapist.

In fact, having children in the care of their own parents twenty-four hours a day is the weirdest thing imaginable in our brave new world.

Another strawman. If one parent-or both- can financially afford to remain home, that is fine. Parents get flack whether they work or not. However, if the parents can't provide food or medical care then neither one should remain home and if you continue to have kids when you can't afford them, you are a crappy parent.

Really, the entire piece is a group of strawmen that she can easily knock down.

Fundie and breeder are dirty words?

Well, of course -- any word she doesn't like, or that might criticize her or something she likes, is a "dirty word."

In the fine old tradition of people like her making up all of their own rules, it makes perfect sense!

In fact, having children in the care of their own parents twenty-four hours a day is the weirdest thing imaginable in our brave new world.

Since when are the Duggar kids in the care of their parents 24 hours a day? They're in the care of their older siblings 24 hours a day, and the last time I checked a sibling and a parent were two different entities.

I do not hate the Duggars. I hate what they do and what they believe. I don't think they're evil, just misguided. They are weak individuals who were sucked into a cult. I see them as no different than the members of Jonestown or Heaven's Gate. I feel pity and sadness for them more than anything else and wish they were strong enough to break free and live their lives according to what is best for them, not what is best for some perverted pedophile.

Actually, if they would refrain from trying to cram their religion down my throat via the government, then I really wouldn't give a shit what they did. Do I think they're ruining their children's lives. Yes. Their eldest son is proof of that. He cannot take care of himself or his family without the help of his daddy. Do I think their adherence to Gothardism is hurting them. Yes. But, as long as they kept their big fat noses out of my business, I would do likewise. Their hell bent desire to force me into their lifestyle has prompted me to make public statements against their belief system, their family dynamic, and their fame whoring ways. What is said about them publicly is of their own doing. People tend to leave others alone as long as they aren't being bothersome.

Hey she needs to get her facts straight - we want more than just Jinger to rebel! 19 rebellions and counting!

I checked out the link based on the lie about children being expensive and she talks about how "the Duggars aren't poor!" which is really infuriating that a lot of people look at them and think this, not even realizing how much money they get from TLC. Do they really think that based on some rental properties they can buy 22 international flights, with 4 star hotel rooms and transport and food for that time? Yeah right.

Fruitless promiscuous sex is an abomination to the Lord.

What about fruitful promiscuous sex?

Well, if you enjoyed it you are a whore and an abomination! Wipe that smile off your face.

Archived