IGNORED

Munck Wedding!

fundyfunland

I like the decorations. It is sweet they incorporated Amanda's love of owls into the theme. I think both the decorations and food are appropriate for an afternoon wedding. Maybe Amanda & Joe wanted something simple to either save her parents' some money or have more money spent on to their honeymoon. As long as everyone had a good time & the couple is happy it doesn't matter how much money was spent on a wedding/reception.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wedding looked great to me... maybe that's because I'd personally rather have something simple and low-key than one of these $40K dancing and drinking till 4 a.m. affairs... it looked simple but classy, and personal.

Why don't fundie weddings have more food?

Tradition, fear of being ostentatious, the need to not stand out from the crowd, a big meal after a wedding just "isn't done" in their circles. Just like for many others a wedding reception without a sit down large meal is unheard of to them to have the large meal would be unheard of.

Tradition, fear of being ostentatious, the need to not stand out from the crowd, a big meal after a wedding just "isn't done" in their circles. Just like for many others a wedding reception without a sit down large meal is unheard of to them to have the large meal would be unheard of.

Can't wait for one of Kelly Generation Starvation weddings.

It looks like an afternoon tea to me. For that it was really quite nice. Not what I would be used to but I'm Scots/Irish, weddings are for eating and drinking 8-)

I had a small wedding with no drinking, dancing or even a huge meal, so to me it looks fine.

OTBT, what is wrong with that chick?

I had a small wedding with no drinking, dancing or even a huge meal, so to me it looks fine.

OTBT, what is wrong with that chick?

Steve? He has issues :(

I think it was very nice. Spending thousands of dollars on a wedding reception is beyond ridiculous IMO. I went to a friend's wedding last July that was very low key and nice. They had lemonade and Sangria available for the guests plus an open bar that had wine and beer available. The meal was sandwiches, pasta salads and fruits. It was more than enough on a hot July evening (outdoor wedding).

Wow - after reading these comments that was NOT what I expected. I thought the decorations were lovely, looked thoughtful, came out nice in pictures, and seemed perfect for a small afternoon celebration. I would never spend $40k on a wedding though so I guess I am biased, but in the context of a smaller, cheap, weekday afternoon DIY wedding, I thought it was really a lovely event. And the dress isn't exactly my style but everyone's super-amazing-in-style-$10k wedding dress NOW will be the one they make fun of/hate in pictures in 10 years anyway. (can you tell I'm also not really a fashion person? my mother and I made my wedding dress with scraps from my grandmother's and while it wasn't my favorite dress, it meant more to my mom and grandmother that I wear it than it meant to me to pick up something I liked more.)

The wedding looked great to me... maybe that's because I'd personally rather have something simple and low-key than one of these $40K dancing and drinking till 4 a.m. affairs... it looked simple but classy, and personal.

I completely agree, although I think I'd still have an open bar. I don't understand this whole idea of getting 40K into debt BEFORE the marriage even starts! Considering financial problems are apparently some of the key reasons why marriages break up these days, why start out with that kind of stress to begin with.

To each his/her own, I suppose. I just have a hard time supporting the massive wedding industry.

Fab to see a fundie couple looking so happy and natural together. Hope it lasts!

I just looked at the pictures. I agree with singsingsing, it was simple but classy. I thought the wedding coloring books was a cute thing for the kids there.

Even though the wedding was super simple, it still looked like a beautiful wedding. I've attended weddings in the past where only light snacks were provided but it was because the reception lasted for 1.5-2 hours, compared to other weddings where the reception have lasted longer than 4 hours. Also, in my opinion, having a caterer costs more and from the looks of it, it looks like the Muncks made their own food for the reception to save money. There's nothing wrong with that, obviously.

I actually like the reception decorations. I thought it fit their young personality and loved that it was simple.

I'm sure the wedding and reception was filled with lots of love, joy and laughters compared to a Maxwell wedding where Lord Steve goes on and on about death. Highly doubt the Munck's wedding included talks of death and boring sermons.

I really like the setup. Reminds me of a lot of Baptist wedding receptions I've been to.

I got married two years ago and spent $3k. Some people (like me) honestly think it's a huge waste of money to spend tens of thousands of dollars on a reception when the money could be used for something more practical. I didn't serve any hot food or alcohol either; I wasn't trying to impress anyone. I like to think people came to my wedding because they loved me, not because they expected an extravagant meal or booze.

Did you see the bird houses? Didn't we make fun of the Maxwell girl buying bird houses for Elizabeth and Joseph's wedding shower? I could be mistaken, but I remember the Maxwell girl buying some odd things for the wedding shower.

Did you see the bird houses? Didn't we make fun of the Maxwell girl buying bird houses for Elizabeth and Joseph's wedding shower? I could be mistaken, but I remember the Maxwell girl buying some odd things for the wedding shower.

You are right! The Maxwell girls did buy a bird house at a thrift store for the wedding shower. I wonder what happened to all that stuff?

I think it's a cute theme. My own wedding will be garden/birds, so I kinda like it.

I like the chocolate bars for favors!

Yeah, I think overall it looked nice, although I agree with the other poster who said it seems strange that they don't make a bigger deal out of this supposedly "most important day of a woman's life". Of course, a lot of what they do seems strange to me...

I got married a few years ago and we spent just under $5k; most of it was on food and alcohol (we both have big families and so the guest list was pretty long). I made all of the decorations and my mom did the flowers so that we could save money for the bar!

I thought it looked like a lovely afternoon reception.

I figured it was two hours away because it may be close to the new couple's home?

The wedding dress looked to old for a "young" bride. It looked too big for her. I wonder if they bought it or borrowed it.

The reception looked nice and well put together. I love weddings with a color theme. It appeared they had more candy than "real" food. I feel like they should have had some pasta salad or other sandwiches instead of ALL that candy. There was just TOO MUCH candy! Wait...was there a cake? I didn't see one. Too much cheese as well.

I was just lucky to have 8 women in my family who love to cook. Our guests ended up taking plates home with them. Family came from all over the country. We just wanted them well fed.

That reception was a lot nicer than many of the receptions I've seen. It was lovely and very personal. Most importantly, it didn't seem to involve crepe steamers, paper bells, or balloons. No one seems to have gotten the 'tacky as heck' memo on those items around here.

YES! I find strapless wedding dresses boring and generally unflattering on most women. Sleeeeeves!

I was hoping Kate Middleton's wedding dress would have started a huge trend of putting sleeves on wedding dresses but I'm not seeing it. It's either strapless or sleeveless, and I'm so over that, not because of modesty but because it's been done to death.

On-topic: Amanda is so pretty and fresh-faced. And her new hubby is cute in a sweetly dorkish way. I wish them the best.

Agreed! Sleeveless is not flattering on everyone, and I've seen more brides than not wearing the style that really doesn't look good on them. I do believe a bride should feel beautiful on her day, so if they all do in those sleeveless gowns, all the more power to them. But honestly, there's just a handful of brides who can really pull that look off without multiple armpits and ill-fitting bodices. Blech. Call me prude.

Archived