IGNORED

It's Settled Doug Says Global Warming Isn't Real

debrand

smithefamily.blogspot.com/2011/01/vision-forums-into-amazon-reviewed-by.html

One of the issues covered the most recent episode, “Mysteries of the Strange Creatures of the Amazonâ€, is that of 'global warming' and its effect on the Vampire bats of the Amazon. Humanistic ecologists have theorized that 'global warming' is having a negative impact on this particular Vampire bat population, causing them to prey on humans, which they claim is unusual behavior. Mr. Phillips and his team went straight to the source to uncover the truth about the attacks, and interviewed the indigenous people of that region. Through careful investigation it was discovered that these attacks are actually quite common, and have been occurring for many generations.

This is just one example of the many instances that the team has challenged the humanists of our day in their attempts to advance their environmentalist agenda. This type of bold research should inspire us to not be blind followers of godlessness, but rather to seek out the truth and boldly proclaim it for the glory of God!

That settles it. Doug the tool discovered that global warming isn't a thing. We can stop worrying and start killing polar bears. Squee!

OK, Doug -- a few conversations with some folks, in one area, about some bats, and you've disproved global warming.

You are a great man of intellect, and all of the scientists will bow down to you. :roll:

I don't think it really matters if you think climate change is real or not. Pollution IS bad. Bad for health, bad for animals, bad for everything.

Ok. Someone please explain this to me like I'm 5, because I've been hearing about the "myth of global warming" from my fundie lite relatives for years.

I know there are the issues with propaganda (what with oil companies supporting skeptic groups and all) but what I DONT get is why believing in God = global warming isn't real. I don't recall anything about that in the Bible, although I do recall it being pretty damn clear about being good stewards and care-takers of God's creation. If anything it seems like God would be the ultimate environmentalist.

And I know man is supposed to "have dominion over the earth", but does that ONE verse really outweigh the others (let's ignore for a moment that you have to twist "dominion" pretty hard to get it to mean "kill everything in sight").

So what's the supposed rationale there? I mean I know this ain't exactly based in logic anyway, but if highly religious people are claiming this ambivalence - or even destructive bent a la the polar bear issue - is sanctioned by God, surely they must mentally justify that somehow, right??

I understand that climate change and global warming are separate from weather, so what follows is a joke. Can you please send some of the global warming in my direction? It is supposed to SNOW tomorrow. Today was freezing. Even for Alaska, this is unusual. If the snow accumulates, that means we have had the longest winter on record.

Seriously thought. We have to relocate villages because of global warming, at great monetary and emotional cost. The sea ice and land is eroding so fast that it is estimated that villages - buildings, homes, schools -- will fall into the arctic within 4 years.

I understand that climate change and global warming are separate from weather, so what follows is a joke. Can you please send some of the global warming in my direction? It is supposed to SNOW tomorrow. Today was freezing. Even for Alaska, this is unusual. If the snow accumulates, that means we have had the longest winter on record.

Seriously thought. We have to relocate villages because of global warming, at great monetary and emotional cost. The sea ice and land is eroding so fast that it is estimated that villages - buildings, homes, schools -- will fall into the arctic within 4 years.

Lots of little atolls & islands in the pacific are dealing with the early effects too.

There was an idea in Australia for about a decade that the drought wasn't really going to break, ever & it was because of climate change.

Councils let levees fall into disrepair. It broke in a very extreme way in 2010, killing around 40 people, creating a torrent of water which rushed through towns in Queensland & massive flooded areas in Victoria.

Ok. Someone please explain this to me like I'm 5, because I've been hearing about the "myth of global warming" from my fundie lite relatives for years.

I know there are the issues with propaganda (what with oil companies supporting skeptic groups and all) but what I DONT get is why believing in God = global warming isn't real. I don't recall anything about that in the Bible, although I do recall it being pretty damn clear about being good stewards and care-takers of God's creation. If anything it seems like God would be the ultimate environmentalist.

And I know man is supposed to "have dominion over the earth", but does that ONE verse really outweigh the others (let's ignore for a moment that you have to twist "dominion" pretty hard to get it to mean "kill everything in sight").

So what's the supposed rationale there? I mean I know this ain't exactly based in logic anyway, but if highly religious people are claiming this ambivalence - or even destructive bent a la the polar bear issue - is sanctioned by God, surely they must mentally justify that somehow, right??

I think that several different issues are at work in fundie Christianity. An extreme type of American individualism influences some on the right to be egocentric in their thinking. It is the "I have mine and I won't share." It is also why some Christians get so offended that "It takes a village to raise a child." These same type of people do not want to admit that their actions have a negative impact on anyone else.(However, they will admit that others can hurt them) They don't feel that they personally owe anyone else anything.

There are also Christians who believe that the bible states that in the end times the seasons will change drastically. They view climate change as proof that god is returning soon and don't believe humans have an impact on it.

Many fundies have a strong anti intellectual streak and are suspicious of anything to do with science.

There is also a feeling that environmentalism is not very masculine and is therefore weak. You hear that view when people make fun of tree hugging hippies.

I think that Doug the tool is guilty of holding all these different views.

So basically, this reasoning is just an excuse to continue acting like a lazy, irresponsible, self-centered slob with no regard or respect for anyone other than yourself and those who believe exactly as you do.

So basically, this reasoning is just an excuse to continue acting like a lazy, irresponsible, self-centered slob with no regard or respect for anyone other than yourself and those who believe exactly as you do.

Yep. Nothing at all do do with following Jesus who said that his followers needed to take care of one another

visionforumministries.org/issues/news_and_reports/earth_day_a_creationist_perspe.aspx

This article by Ken Haim was found on Vision Forum. It gives some of the reasons why fundamentalist Christians ignore climate change

Also, the fate of the planet is, ultimately, not in the hands of mankind. While we are responsible for earth care, we are not in control of the earth. It belongs to the Creator (Psalm 24:1), and we are His stewards. We care for the creation, which was once “very good†(Genesis 1:31) but now suffers from the curse of sin (Genesis 3).

Yes. God would never let anything bad happen to his creation, unless there was a lot of sinning. So it is probably the gayness that is causing all those hurricanes.

This reminds me of the Black Plague. When people got fearful because the plague was wiping out entire villages, the religious leaders told them that it was because everyone was sinning and if everyone would just pray very hard and not sin it would all go away.

I think that several different issues are at work in fundie Christianity. An extreme type of American individualism influences some on the right to be egocentric in their thinking. It is the "I have mine and I won't share." It is also why some Christians get so offended that "It takes a village to raise a child." These same type of people do not want to admit that their actions have a negative impact on anyone else.(However, they will admit that others can hurt them) They don't feel that they personally owe anyone else anything.

There are also Christians who believe that the bible states that in the end times the seasons will change drastically. They view climate change as proof that god is returning soon and don't believe humans have an impact on it.

Many fundies have a strong anti intellectual streak and are suspicious of anything to do with science.

There is also a feeling that environmentalism is not very masculine and is therefore weak. You hear that view when people make fun of tree hugging hippies.

I think that Doug the tool is guilty of holding all these different views.

Thank you - some good stuff to think about here! :)

I also just remembered a speaker (can't remember who except that he was a Christian "comedian" <-- I use the term loosely since he wasn't very funny :P) who made some argument about the need for nature conservation being proof that Darwin was wrong -- that if it's all about survival of the fittest and not God, then we should just kill all the endangered species since clearly they're weaker species and that's how evolution works and there's no need to worry about the environment. I just...I can't even. :/

God does not worry about his creations getting screwed up. I mean he made humans and platypuses hard to say he keeps things in line looking at those samples.

Archived