IGNORED

Wilkes/Neely Wedding

sleepygirl1

Mumble, mumble, mumble, and now the mandatory screeching fundy violins.

That was quite odd seeing the wedding party pull out violins in unison.

Mumble, mumble, mumble, and now the mandatory screeching fundy violins.

That was quite odd seeing the wedding party pull out violins in unison.

There's a number of fundy weddings recently where the bridesmaids and groomsmen are also the musicians. Can't these people just hire professionals and let the wedding party enjoy the day. Also, whoever videotaped this wedding did a piss poor job. They didn't realize till the very end, to turn the volume up or that the camera has a zoom function to see the couple up close.

I love to check out weddings for the dresses, the rings, the food and the cake. Nothing else. :)

There is going to be some seriously awkward boot knocking in some motel tonight...

One explanation could be that since these people cook for large groups of people, the more of this kind of stuff the better. Jellyroll pans are not just used for jellyrolls. They are handy for roasting vegetables and baking cookies, and coffee cakes, just to name a few things.

There are times that my 3 jellyroll pans aren't enough.

Last night I tried to watch the wedding video they posted on YouTube, but YouTube removed it because it was too long. I love how on the blog they said, "God willing" it would be streaming live. I think God's got better things to do than make sure a streaming website works properly. :lol: I read their wedding site, and it actually made me kind of sad. Nothing says romance like a lengthy interrogation spanning 4 months before deciding to tie the knot! And the wedding registries made me lol a little too, but I can see why they need lots of kitchen stuff, if they're planning to entertain umpteen million family members and friends with huge families as well.

I wonder though, with these fundies, how they deal with infertility when it does happen? Do they try to deal with it by saying it's God's will? Do they drop money on expensive IVF treatments? I know a lot of them are against IVF because some of the embryos get thrown away, which might as well be considered an abortion to some of the fundy set. And what if it's a case where the woman is fertile, but the man's little swimmers just ain't swimmin'? I've actually thought about this. If they can't fill their quiver with tons of kids, or even ONE kid, due to biological problems, do they resign themselves to it being God's will? Do they try to adopt? Adoption agencies usually require a big deposit and screen couples carefully for stability in their income and other areas of life. I really wonder how they deal with this situation.

Everyone in black, the, what felt like hours, close up of the lit candles, the bridal party musical interlude, the long speeches - this must have been one excruciating wedding. And I had it on fast forward... :P

Don't worry, the video is back. It seems weird for the groom to preach at his own wedding. Otherwise it was nice. And hey, if Bill Gothard was there, he stayed in the background.......hopefully learning from Mr Neely, that God CAN be glorified through a house fire; even if it's his. Hopefully he also wrestles with God about all the damage he's done and starts taking ownership.

The Neely team website has posted some wedding pictures.

Ugh, that is one ugly wedding dress. Obviously homemade, and not very well either. And it doesn't fit any better than the dress she was photographed in for the engagement. She's a pretty girl though with a great smile and she looked radiant. Too bad the rest of her didn't match the face.

I don't think she owns any piece of clothing that isn't fitted like a gunny sack, TBH. Have you seen the family's Easter portrait? The outfits make their Wholesome Wear suits (were they paid to advertise?) look positively defrauding. I think the Neely's are believers in making those girls look as frumpy as possible.

They can put her and her sisters in the frumpiest clothes they want, but it won't hide the fact that they're all beautiful.

I think that the wedding dress is strange looking, but I hope that she felt gorgeous on her wedding day. I think that's what most girls dream of, and I hope that this wasn't another of the dreams crushed by her parents' strict beliefs.

I also hope, as I do when any fundy gets married, that Amanda and Matthew can find the courage and maturity to turn away from Gothard now that they're away from their families and that they provide their children with more opportunities and a better life than their parents did.

Archived