IGNORED

Wilkes/Neely Wedding

sleepygirl1

Oh goody! Another livestreamed fundie wedding!!! I can't wait. Be sure to have some "grape Juice" around for toasting. :)

I hope God lays it on Amanda's heart to wear a gown that actually fits, and is not two sizes too big like the dress in her engagement pics.

It will be broadcast live on May 18.

thewilkesteam.com/

Nuh uh. It will be 'broadcasted' live.

Nuh uh. It will be 'broadcasted' live.

I saw that.

I also saw that this is another fundie couple who look like each other, down to hair color....

What's with the fundies and every family being a "team"?

My goodness those puppies they fostered are cute.

Why do so many fundies feel compelled to broadcast their lives on the internet? Also, why do they think they are experts on anything, given the sheltered existence most of them have?

Why do so many fundies feel compelled to broadcast their lives on the internet? Also, why do they think they are experts on anything, given the sheltered existence most of them have?

Probably because most of their "friends" and like families live far away. True fundy families are few and far between I would guess.

Because the Lord laid it upon their hearts to share their special day with everyone... no matter how near or far. Also, so we could watch and come up with a drinking game and get blasted.

Here is there wedding website. The story is... Mr. Neely gave Matthew a list of eighty-five questions to answer before he could court her.

mywedding.com/trustinghisgoodness/index.html

Here is there wedding website. The story is... Mr. Neely gave Matthew a list of eighty-five questions to answer before he could court her.

mywedding.com/trustinghisgoodness/index.html

Drat, they didn't list the questions (that I saw). Sounds like a book may be in the offing!

Amanda is so pretty however she has the same hairdo as erin bates, but she does have cute fashion sense. But omg if you guys want to laugh check out the neely blog- on november 2012, the two dad's on the sled loool great snark

Looking at the registries, why does anyone need six jelly roll pans?????

I could see maybe four- two in the oven, two being prepped, but six? How many freakin' jelly rolls does this girl eat?

The groom to be has a lawn care business, right? Honestly, how many young fundy male lawncare businesses can this nation support??

Looking at the registries, why does anyone need six jelly roll pans?????

I could see maybe four- two in the oven, two being prepped, but six? How many freakin' jelly rolls does this girl eat?

Why do they need 2 coffee makers ? If i ever get married im registering for a Keurig machine or better yet maybe

ill just ask Santa Clause, next Christmas. He does take better care then most of the boyfriends ive had

recently. :lol:

I won't be able to watch it. :violin:

Will someone record it so I could catch up on snarking later?

I just wanted to add this is the second ATI/IBLP wedding this spring. Abbie ( I think) Burnett married a fellow ALERT academy/IBLP guy. I don't think we have ever talked about them but I believe they are Burnett Team or Family just like all of the others.

Why do they need 2 coffee makers ? If i ever get married im registering for a Keurig machine or better yet maybe

ill just ask Santa Clause, next Christmas. He does take better care then most of the boyfriends ive had

recently. :lol:

We entertain a lot and I often have the large urn coffee maker with regular coffee and the normal every day coffee maker with decaf.

So, if they have a lot of big family events or parties, 2 coffeemakers makes sense to me.

We entertain a lot and I often have the large urn coffee maker with regular coffee and the normal every day coffee maker with decaf.

So, if they have a lot of big family events or parties, 2 coffeemakers makes sense to me.

Yes, that makes total sense. I have two coffee makers for the same reason. I have three french presses as well. One for coffee, two for making lacto-fermented veggies and sauerkraut. However, 6 jellyroll pans seems very suspicious to me. :shifty:

One explanation could be that since these people cook for large groups of people, the more of this kind of stuff the better. Jellyroll pans are not just used for jellyrolls. They are handy for roasting vegetables and baking cookies, and coffee cakes, just to name a few things.

She's expected to be filling that quiver pretty damn quickly and make the most of what's likely to be a pretty dismal wage. They've got to stock up on as many things as possible now (especially if they can get others to buy them) because in a few years there won't be money to buy more than 2 chicken breasts per meal, let alone new new kitchen utensils.

Besides, they both come from big families and are friends with more families. What happens when they all descend for a work party and need to be fed?

I just wanted to add this is the second ATI/IBLP wedding this spring. Abbie ( I think) Burnett married a fellow ALERT academy/IBLP guy. I don't think we have ever talked about them but I believe they are Burnett Team or Family just like all of the others.

It was Hannah Burnett and her new husband is Dustin Dornink. We have yet to see actual wedding pics. It was her sister Abbie who posted a blog about the mixed emotions of not having one of her sisters at home anymore. I found it very touching.

Their story on the wedding website is just awful. In a typical fundy courtship way, but still.

From his section--he was an amazing child given his level of grasping cultural attitudes toward marriage at age 11. Most 11 year olds just don't think that critically or deeply. Or could it be that that is what daddy was telling him at age eleven. Hmm.

And interesting that when his brother got married, God suddenly called him to get married. I love how fundies always claim divine intervention in normal human desires. And he writes about it as if it is so highly unusual for an adult to get married therefore he was specially called for this unique station in life so thus God must have been telling him.

From hers: Nothing says romance like a relationship based on "interview and interrogation". And apparently we are supposed to be impressed at her ability to remain "emotionally indifferent" toward a man who wanted to marry her? Really? I kind of doubt she was all that indifferent, actually. In fact, there was that part where she spent three days crying because of having to "give up" some "calling" she thought she had. I interpreted that as the realization that she was not allowed to pursue her own life goals. I'd cry, too. And I'd hardly call that being "emotionally indifferent".

From the whole thing, do these people realize that marriage requires so much more than agreeing on religion? Living together, raising children together, making and managing a home, navigating the ups and downs of life--grief, illness, financial difficulty, job changes...talking about Jesus all day is not going to be enough to get through it all.

Archived