IGNORED

Raquelita...

LilMissMetaphor

Well, she has stopped answering anything but fluffy questions and her latest blog post is of her "modeling". I'm not really sure if there is some meaning I'm supposed to get out of this group of pictures. But it is basically her gazing modestly at the grass while painting golden hearts. The photographer needs to work on her lighting.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, she has stopped answering anything but fluffy questions and her latest blog post is of her "modeling". I'm not really sure if there is some meaning I'm supposed to get out of this group of pictures. But it is basically her gazing modestly at the grass while painting golden hearts. The photographer needs to work on her lighting.

It's a creative idea but the photoshoot is very boring.

I agree with the lighting, it would be far better if he/she focused in on something instead of everything.

Oy...

Q: what are your views on woman's leadership in the church?

A: 'The women are to keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but are to subject themselves, just as the Law also says. If they desire to learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is improper for a woman to speak in church.' (1 Corinthians 14:34-35)

Oy...

Q: what are your views on woman's leadership in the church?

A: 'The women are to keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but are to subject themselves, just as the Law also says. If they desire to learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is improper for a woman to speak in church.' (1 Corinthians 14:34-35)

u

Yet they can hammer endlessly in blogs about theology.

• 2 weeks later...

Long time lurker, first time poster, signed up because I missed the Snark and thought, well, if I can post... Miss Raquel was one of my favourite fundies because I see bits and pieces of my very silly 11-14 year old self in her. Since she's nearly, what, 19? now, it's not as fun.

She wants to be a Confederate because she wants to be a Southern Belle without all the other things that make Gone with the Wind so distasteful (remember, this is the girl who thinks Effie Trinket of The Hunger Games is just fantastic). It's so Romantic to be a Confederate, not a poor Northern tom-boy like Jo March. States rights is just the indoctrination-approved excuse to back up her desire to be a dingbat in a hoopskirt waited on hand and foot. (And to anyone who has read Alexander Stephen's Cornerstone Speech, it's pretty clear that state's rights is revisionist hooey, but, whatever, not like Miss Raquel has.)

As far as wanting to slap a guy, all to do with her own personal shallowness. She wants someone to insult her honor or her purity so that she has no choice but to stand up for herself. It advertises how good she is while at the same time highlighting how desirable she is- she's so fantastic, she makes guys lose control of themselves. She's not fundie enough to think it's her job to control how guys see her, just fundie enough to think guys are constantly struggling not to be defrauded by every female they ever see.

The pillowcase thing, I just wonder... About 10-15 years ago, there was an organisation in my town that made care packages for children removed from their homes and placed into emergency foster care. It seems kids were taken from the homes in the clothes they're wearing- often just pajamas, and that moving within the foster system means spending a lot of time moving from place to place and taking whatever belongings fit in a plastic Wal-Mart bag. The care packages included a pillowcase, toiletries, and a stuffed animal, because a pillow case is classier luggage than a shopping bag. I wonder if this isn't the same kind of thing for victims of trafficking, and Raquel's just supplying the pillowcases.

*shrug* It's the kind of thing you laugh at in a 14 year old, because they'll outgrow it. She hasn't, probably won't until she's forced to be a little more independent and self-reliant, you can't dream about what's going to happen to you when stuff actually IS.

Long time lurker, first time poster, signed up because I missed the Snark and thought, well, if I can post... Miss Raquel was one of my favourite fundies because I see bits and pieces of my very silly 11-14 year old self in her. Since she's nearly, what, 19? now, it's not as fun.

She wants to be a Confederate because she wants to be a Southern Belle without all the other things that make Gone with the Wind so distasteful (remember, this is the girl who thinks Effie Trinket of The Hunger Games is just fantastic). It's so Romantic to be a Confederate, not a poor Northern tom-boy like Jo March. States rights is just the indoctrination-approved excuse to back up her desire to be a dingbat in a hoopskirt waited on hand and foot. (And to anyone who has read Alexander Stephen's Cornerstone Speech, it's pretty clear that state's rights is revisionist hooey, but, whatever, not like Miss Raquel has.)

As far as wanting to slap a guy, all to do with her own personal shallowness. She wants someone to insult her honor or her purity so that she has no choice but to stand up for herself. It advertises how good she is while at the same time highlighting how desirable she is- she's so fantastic, she makes guys lose control of themselves. She's not fundie enough to think it's her job to control how guys see her, just fundie enough to think guys are constantly struggling not to be defrauded by every female they ever see.

The pillowcase thing, I just wonder... About 10-15 years ago, there was an organisation in my town that made care packages for children removed from their homes and placed into emergency foster care. It seems kids were taken from the homes in the clothes they're wearing- often just pajamas, and that moving within the foster system means spending a lot of time moving from place to place and taking whatever belongings fit in a plastic Wal-Mart bag. The care packages included a pillowcase, toiletries, and a stuffed animal, because a pillow case is classier luggage than a shopping bag. I wonder if this isn't the same kind of thing for victims of trafficking, and Raquel's just supplying the pillowcases.

*shrug* It's the kind of thing you laugh at in a 14 year old, because they'll outgrow it. She hasn't, probably won't until she's forced to be a little more independent and self-reliant, you can't dream about what's going to happen to you when stuff actually IS.

I think you are correct. Raquel has never been forced to think deeply and intellectually about anything she writes. She has been told that anyone who doesn't agree with her is just jealous of how awesome she is and really wants to be just like her, so when she is disagreed with, she never stops to think about what the person is actually saying.

Anyway, Miss Raquel found herself a rhema. She didn't call it that, but it reminded me of the rhema thread.

god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2013/05/i-will-seek.html

When I feel like that, the cure is usually a glass of water and a chocolate bar. Mr. Hershey has never spoken to me once.

What modeling agency are you signed with? I'm trying to become a model and it is very difficult. It seems like the only real jobs are on the coasts, and I'm a midwestern girl. Would you ever move in order to be with a better agency?

I'm a freelance model - which means that I'm not signed up with any agencies. Currently, anyway. I MAY sign with one this year sometime. But at the moment, I'm happy being freelance. And no, I wouldn't move for a better agency. Modeling isn't one of my main goals in life, though it is a hobby and I enjoy it!:)

I wonder what agency she will try to sign with...

That freelance model bs gets me every time! Hey y'all, I'm a freelance heart surgeon! Of course, I've never actually performed heart surgery, but that doesn't matter one bit, because freelance!!!!

If having your friends snap pictures of you counts as freelance modeling then it appears that most of us are freelance models.

That freelance model bs gets me every time! Hey y'all, I'm a freelance heart surgeon! Of course, I've never actually performed heart surgery, but that doesn't matter one bit, because freelance!!!!

:laughing-rollingyellow:

I'm thinking of what to ask her next...

So it appears she is still answering questions. I can't think of anymore to ask that she would actually answer. But after being criticized for not saying which of her love stories really happened, she finally admitted that the one where she is the last person the guy saw is the real one, the rest she made up.

She also gave advice on how to get your fat friend to lose weight.

"I would maybe talk about your want to 'get healthy this summer' and just nonchalantly ask her if she'd be interested in working out with you. Don't ask it in a way that she'd think you're judging her weight (cuz you're not). She MAY be sensitive about her weight but just hasn't vocalized it because it might be too embarrassing for her" :roll:

Archived