IGNORED

Raquelita...

LilMissMetaphor

She finally answered and it was just as I expected:

haha this could turn into a super long answer, but I'll just keep it short and sweet and say that: I don't believe the War Between the States was about slavery. And that there are more people enslaved today than any other time in history. So being an abolitionist and being a Confederate really don't have anything to do with each other.

I'll admit that history is not my best subject and truth be told I'm not overly interested in it for the most part (sorry history buffs), but if the Civil War wasn't about slavery, what was it about?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll admit that history is not my best subject and truth be told I'm not overly interested in it for the most part (sorry history buffs), but if the Civil War wasn't about slavery, what was it about?

State's rights. Which had to do with slavery.

A lot of people say it was about state rights, but exclude that slavery was one of those rights. The Confederate Constitution specifically included a part to defend the practice of slavery. More people being enslaved today is irrelevant to the question. If she is supporting the Confederacy, she is supporting the idea that a group of people should be enslaved because of their race. I let her know that and asked how she can still support the Confederacy and be an abolitionist. I even gave her the section of the Confederate constitution that defends the practice of slavery so she can't claim it doesn't exist. I wonder if she will answer.

In one of her answers she claims gay people are trying to force their agenda on religious people so that is why they can't have equality.

A lot of people say it was about state rights, but exclude that slavery was one of those rights. The Confederate Constitution specifically included a part to defend the practice of slavery. More people being enslaved today is irrelevant to the question. If she is supporting the Confederacy, she is supporting the idea that a group of people should be enslaved because of their race. I let her know that and asked how she can still support the Confederacy and be an abolitionist. I even gave her the section of the Confederate constitution that defends the practice of slavery so she can't claim it doesn't exist. I wonder if she will answer.

In one of her answers she claims gay people are trying to force their agenda on religious people so that is why they can't have equality.

I sincerely doubt it. Yours was a well thought out argument, complete with documentation backing up what you said. Miss Raquel is just not smart enough to stand up to that.

Can someone tell me what those discolorations are on her arms in this photo?

god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2013/05/time-is-not-promised.html

Guest Anonymous

haha this could turn into a super long answer, but I'll just keep it short and sweet and say that: I don't believe the War Between the States was about slavery. And that there are more people enslaved today than any other time in history. So being an abolitionist and being a Confederate really don't have anything to do with each other.

The worth of this kind of statement is hotly disputed by academics and anti-slavery activists. The main problem is that some of the things we count as contemporary forms of slavery (forced marriage, child marriage, FGC, debt bondage, people trafficking, etc.) are not included when we look at forms of historical slavery (which is usually just taken to mean legal chattel slavery). If we tried to read contemporary forms of slavery back onto the past (for example, counting all the women and girls who were forced into marriages or subjected to female genital cutting) the number of slaves would just explode. Also, there are far more people in the world today, so a larger number of slaves does not really mean anything in terms of the proportion of people enslaved.

god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2013/05/time-is-not-promised.html

Pretty sure that is photoshopped because she thinks it makes her look more like a professional model.

She still hasn't answered my "Why do you have slapping a guy on your bucket list" question. I hope she does because I really can't think of a possible answer for it. That is just so out there.

Lots of new answers on ask.fm...

Her "god is in control" answer when being asked if she's worried about the climate change, is weird in my eyes. Then why does she worry about slavery? With her logic she shouldnt be worried about anything, cause god is always in control, isn't he?

:popcorn2: at ask.fm/Itsjustraquel

She did answer my slapping question, but not really. She says she would slap a guy if he tried to kiss her, but it isn't a goal or something she wishes for, but she puts it on her bucket list. :cray-cray:

I bet this is from a fundie:

According to the Rebolution modesty survey, many of the pictures you post of yourself are stumbling blocks for Christian guys, like the recent one of just your legs. Are you concerned about causing your Christian brothers to stumble with your pictures? Your blog used to show more concern for modesty

Her reply:

Oh really? I was not aware that any of my photos were "immodest" I'd be more than happy to remove any if I think that they are. Yes, I am very concerned if any of my photos cause my brothers to stumble. Please feel free to point certain ones out to me.

Not sure how my blog has changed in 'concern for modesty'...?

:lol:

She has been posting pictures of just her legs and then her pulling at the straps of her sleeveless shirts to show her tan line. Not fundie approved modesty.

I think I understand the slapping thing now. It's coy quasi-fundie-speak for "I want a guy (whom I'm not going to court or marry) to kiss me." That's too scandalous for a modest maiden's bucket list.

Haha, I follow Raquel's pinterest and she posted some quotes about "haters", so I knew you must be talking about her here.

pinterest.com/MissRaquel316/my-quote-collection/

In one of her replies she says that "that forum" that talks about her is only jealous of her. No, I'm not jealous of her life at all. She is 18 and when asked what her goals for the next five years is she could only come up with "I want to start a YouTube channel." That is just sad. At 18 I was working part time, going to college and experiencing life. And now in my 30's I have a family, dogs, cats, and am getting ready to go back to college. My life sounds way more fulfilling than hers. Her life is as shallow and empty as Lady Lydia's.

I am a little surprised at how many comments she is getting about how immodest she is. It seems lot of fundies don't like her either. She isn't bothered, though, because she asked some guy friends of her and they all let her know that she isn't immodest at all. :lol:

She says she blocks people after they ask one question she feels is negative. I bet she has blocked a hell of a lot of people.

She does not really belong anywhere beside her own fantasyland, Raquellia, does she. She's way too narcissistic and vain to count as a fundie, and way too high and mighty to count as an average person. She irritates the hell out of me and I bet sometimes she talks about herself in 3rd person.

In one of her replies she says that "that forum" that talks about her is only jealous of her. No, I'm not jealous of her life at all. She is 18 and when asked what her goals for the next five years is she could only come up with "I want to start a YouTube channel." That is just sad. At 18 I was working part time, going to college and experiencing life. And now in my 30's I have a family, dogs, cats, and am getting ready to go back to college. My life sounds way more fulfilling than hers. Her life is as shallow and empty as Lady Lydia's.

Funny, I have heard of 7 year old gamers that have youtube channels and already make money with it. Does she know about this? She does not do anything besides stroking her own vanity in public.

So, she's poorly educated in both American History and Science.

Are we surprised

Bad self tanning results?

Bruises from tying herself (or being tied up) from on of her "freelance modeling" episodes

Dirt applied to make her faux crucifixtion pic look more Rugged Cross like

OR, the bullshit she is full of is finally just oozing out.

are you getting tired of these gazillion questions? (I've been reading since you started and wow you've gotten quite the variety of questions!) do you think you'll take a break?

I don't get tired of them!!:) I might take a break.

No, I LOVE to talk about myself! Not tired of it at all! :music-tool:

She did answer my slapping question, but not really. She says she would slap a guy if he tried to kiss her, but it isn't a goal or something she wishes for, but she puts it on her bucket list. :cray-cray:

I bet this is from a fundie:

According to the Rebolution modesty survey, many of the pictures you post of yourself are stumbling blocks for Christian guys, like the recent one of just your legs. Are you concerned about causing your Christian brothers to stumble with your pictures? Your blog used to show more concern for modesty

Her reply:

Oh really? I was not aware that any of my photos were "immodest" I'd be more than happy to remove any if I think that they are. Yes, I am very concerned if any of my photos cause my brothers to stumble. Please feel free to point certain ones out to me.

Not sure how my blog has changed in 'concern for modesty'...?

:lol:

She has been posting pictures of just her legs and then her pulling at the straps of her sleeveless shirts to show her tan line. Not fundie approved modesty.

come on, FJ....who was it? :cracking-up:

I have asked tons of questions. She answered only the funny ones.... and she hasn't answered those about her faith... (and they weren't very"personal").

and I asked why she doesn't go to college to get a degree in Christian education or some other stuff that she could use as a mother. I also asked why she's not doing an apprenticeship like Jana and Jill Duggar. No answer.

I also asked a question in Spanish (she says that she speaks Spanish) -> No answer.

She drives me nuts. Some of her answers were just :roll:

come on, FJ....who was it? :cracking-up:

She got several on how she isn't dressing modestly anymore. When she first started the blog it was all pictures of her wearing skirts and talking about how modest she is. But now she has moved on to how she is going to be a model, wearing short, tank tops, and posting pictures of her tan lines. She is going to lose her fundie following.

She didn't answer my question about the Civil War. Why am I not surprised. :roll: All of her stuff about haters makes me think she has a future becoming the crazed restaurant lady from the Gordon Ramsey show. I don't hate Raquel, I'm just amused by her. But she thinks anyone who doesn't gush over her hates her and is just jealous of how awesome she is.

I just saw she is trying to get her own personal pet this year since the cat is a family pet. :shock: After the way she treated that horse, I pity any animal under her care.

She didn't answer my question about the Civil War. Why am I not surprised. :roll: All of her stuff about haters makes me think she has a future becoming the crazed restaurant lady from the Gordon Ramsey show. I don't hate Raquel, I'm just amused by her. But she thinks anyone who doesn't gush over her hates her and is just jealous of how awesome she is.

I just saw she is trying to get her own personal pet this year since the cat is a family pet. :shock: After the way she treated that horse, I pity any animal under her care.

I have been dying to use this quote on FJ since I saw it. This seems like as good a place as any:

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

What do you think about Bikini's ? Are they immodest? Yes, very. Unless you're married and wear them when you're only with your husband.

I was pretty surprised... after all those tank top pictures etc. I would have quessed that she wears bikinis...

She still hasn't answered most of my questions... -.-

She probably has blocked you if you asked any question she didn't like. She said she was going to do that. She cannot tolerate any criticism.

She probably has blocked you if you asked any question she didn't like. She said she was going to do that. She cannot tolerate any criticism.

I hope people fuck her up to high heavens before they get blocked. She can't handle criticism ha? She should go back to her room and stop with the attention whoring, then. She's not only dull, she's a really self-absorbed and irritating person.

Archived