IGNORED

Growing up Keller- Priscilla and Anna video

VincentvanGoGo

It's like a Kool-Aid OD with a speech impediment and she always strikes me as dazed. I think she and David really found their matches as far as zealotry goes, which I guess is good. Doesn't it seem as though she's responding to Anna and Anna is responding back to her almost the same way as in the videos with David? The nodding, the look of awe, and the intermittent 'ya's, while Anna/David looks encouragingly back and appears to almost be mouthing words for her? That aside, she really does seem to be a sweet young woman and I wish her happiness.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See, I think Priscilla actually sounds better than usual in this video, maybe because the subject matter is really familiar to her. I think it's when she starts talking about "heady" topics like the Bible or doctrine or whatever that she becomes hesitant. Maybe she feels a little less intelligent than the other Kellers, so she's uncomfortable with any sort of intellectual conversation, which makes her speech so slow and disfluent. That coupled with her efforts to "keep sweet" might be at fault.

I think Priscilla just has a super sweet, agreeable, positive type of personality combined with the "keep sweet" indoctrination of Gothardism. She demonstrates that to the nth degree. That kind of sweet and positve happiness really annoys me. I'd have a hard time spending time with her. She is just too nice. I also think she lacks maturity in some ways. She has a very childlike quality in her appearance, speech, mannerisms, etc.

I just don't think she is all that intelligent. Not a really low IQ or anything- maybe the combination of an untreated speech impediments and the cult indoctrination along with a lower than average intellect.

Wowza Anna, going for the "smoky eye" look? Girl needs to back off the make up a bit, especially the eyeliner on the top lid. Her face is pretty much set on the "Harlot" setting in fundieland.

Priscilla did seem more at ease towards the end when she was talking about calling Anna with questions. So I'm inclined to believe that at least part of her problem is nervousness/discomfort with being on camera and/or, like already hungover said, with subjects she doesn't feel as confident about. I agree she has a speech impediment too.

If she has something else going on though, it's hard to tell if that is just the brainwashing.

Wowza Anna, going for the "smoky eye" look? Girl needs to back off the make up a bit, especially the eyeliner on the top lid. Her face is pretty much set on the "Harlot" setting in fundieland.

Aaand thats what purple G2 shooting through your nose feels like. WHEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm confused: are they sitting on a top bunk?

Is the home a prefab or mobile home? (I'm not judging, just curious as to the construction of the ceiling.)

Did they share a bed, is that why there are Pris AND Anna knickknacks on the shelf over it?

Where can I read more about Suze, the true success of the family? Sorry, coming in late to all the fun.

Pris is really giving Anna the fundie wife adoring gaze here.

I'm kind of surprised there was a map of the world on the wall. It just seems too worldly. (Pun intended)

Priscilla looks at Anna the same way she does at david when he speaks, nodding and "yeah!"-ing all along. so weird.

Priscilla looks at Anna the same way she does at david when he speaks, nodding and "yeah!"-ing all along. so weird.

And Anna stares up at Priscilla like she does to Josh when it's Priscilla's turn to talk. So weird.

The contrast between Anna's camera ready makeup and Priscilla's natural face is stark. I'm a vain worldly woman who loves her makeup, but I wouldn't wear liquid eyeliner to hang out at my parents, even if my hypothetical brother in law was shooting a video for his website. I might slap on some foundation and lipgloss, but Anna was fully made up.

Yep, looking for direction and approval and trying desperately to figure out when it is her time to speak. I don't think it's just a speech impediment. I think she truly doesn't understand social cues and Anna and David are crutches for her. What I think it awful is that David keeps trying to put her in front of a video camera even though she clearly doesn't understand the rhythm of conversation without a lot of coaching.

_TZwSamhoFM

WOW. They both had some MAJOR krazy eyes going in that video.

If you had questions about why your baby is fussy, isnt it normal to call your MOTHER and not your sister?

Not necessarily. Especially if you're closer to your sister than your Mom. Anna has more recent experience with babies. That's the way it was with me anyway.

Priscilla absolutely has a speech impediment. I had almost the exact same thing (the whole tongue going in front of the teeth issue) when I was younger. It was really bad when I was a kid, but I mostly grew out of it and now you can hardly tell it's there. There are certain things that I pronounce or intone in a slightly odd way, though, as compensation. I really believe that Priscilla not only has a speech impediment, but has learned to 'talk around it' in a way that makes her sound and look awkward. That and the fact that she seems to try really hard to come across as feminine and sweet, and this is what you get.

I think she has a serious speech impediment and some undiagnosed learning disabilities of some nature I really can't define. She seems to be emotionally around the age of 12. It's too bad she never had any speech therapy or other helps, one can tell.

Priscilla seems like a really sweet person, and I think if I ever were to meet her I'd probably like her, but feel like I need to protect her because she's a little off. I don't think that she's mentally disabled anymore, but that she has a rather severe speech impediment. She may have other relatively minor delays that were never addressed properly when she was a child, but I think overall she's probably of average intelligence.

I can give her a pass on the burping thing since she's a new mom, and sometimes especially with the first you get overwhelmed and need a cooler-headed, more experienced mom to kind of troubleshoot for you why the baby just won't stop crying despite all your best efforts. Also in the earlier months any prolonged crying is usually due to gas or colic, so Anna was just going for the most obvious causes that a probably sleep deprived Priscilla may have overlooked.

I just don't think she is all that intelligent. Not a really low IQ or anything- maybe the combination of an untreated speech impediments and the cult indoctrination along with a lower than average intellect.

She seems to me to have a very low IQ. Developmentally disabled to a degree, she seems like she would fully qualify for special ed if she had gone to regular public school. I think she is nice and sweet too, but I hope she does not have a ton of children like Ma Duggar, that is too much.

She seems to me to have a very low IQ. Developmentally disabled to a degree, she seems like she would fully qualify for special ed if she had gone to regular public school. I think she is nice and sweet too, but I hope she does not have a ton of children like Ma Duggar, that is too much.

If I had to guess what her IQ is I'd probably say it's somewhere on the lower end of normal or that she is rather high functioning for someone with a developmental delay. Of course if she had went to public school she would certainly have qualified for speech therapy and maybe some kind of help from the special education teachers. I just wonder where she would be if she had gotten the appropriate help. I think she is a sad example of sub-par homeschooling, lack of proper intervention for a child with speech and developmental delays, and a home were not much emphasis was put on educating girls. Add to that all the crazy Gothard cult indoctrination and you end up with someone like poor Priscilla.

Certainly we FJers can't be the only people that think she's got delays. It's got have been obvious to even the fundie community all these years. I guess they just write her demeanor off as being "sweet", but that's not sweet. That's delayed.

I've worked with kids who have developmental delays, and I just don't think this is necessarily a delay. It could be a delay or it could just be a speech problem combined with shyness. Not every person who speaks hesitantly or gets flustered in front of a camera is delayed.

I wonder if she has a bit of a hearing impairment. The sound of her voice reminds me slightly of how a deaf relative of mine speaks. That could explain the speech issues; she's not hearing herself the way we hear her.

I just don't know. After watching some videos, I get the impression she has a developmental delay of some sort, and then with other videos I think it's more like she's just keeping sweet and being shy.

After watching this one I see that she and Anna share many mannerisms, but Prissy seems to have taken them to the extreme. Even Anna talks a bit like she's asking a question, rather than answering one. Prissy seems to do it more than Anna does, and it's almost like she's looking for permission to continue, or at least confirmation that she's saying the right thing. When not answering a question, or telling a story she knows first hand, she seems much more confident and doesn't come across as delayed. Or at least not as delayed as in other videos.

How come David doesn't provide a new pair of sandals? Isn't that his job?

Anna definitely looks older.

Also, who is supposed to answer their prayers? "Let's just put this out there on TV and someone will buy it for us!" How is that prayer? It's a donation request.

If it's that simple, I would like to put it on the hearts of my fellow FJers to fund a trip for Italy for me. Cough up! I'm Catholic, so it's totally a pilgrimage.

Not sure if this is the right topic to post this, but my mother was watching 19 kids last night when they had David & Pricella & my mother thought he was gay!!!

Not sure if this is the right topic to post this, but my mother was watching 19 kids last night when they had David & Pricella & my mother thought he was gay!!!

It is always the right topic for Pecan Thief speculation

I just don't know. After watching some videos, I get the impression she has a developmental delay of some sort, and then with other videos I think it's more like she's just keeping sweet and being shy.

After watching this one I see that she and Anna share many mannerisms, but Prissy seems to have taken them to the extreme. Even Anna talks a bit like she's asking a question, rather than answering one. Prissy seems to do it more than Anna does, and it's almost like she's looking for permission to continue, or at least confirmation that she's saying the right thing. When not answering a question, or telling a story she knows first hand, she seems much more confident and doesn't come across as delayed. Or at least not as delayed as in other videos.

THIS! I agree with everything you said.They have very similar mannerisms, and I noticed all of the things you described in their speech patterns.

I also notice a similarity between the way Anna&Prissy speak, and the strange dialect of the Duggar girls.I heard it slightly in some Fundie girls interviewed on some utube videos, also.Im wondering if it's a Gothard/ATI accent,of sorts.

With Prissy,specifically,I do wonder if there's something more.I just dont know if it's low IQ,speech impediment, or another challenge,like Aspbergers.They often have various degrees of speech difficulty, and almost always seem "off" socially.My 10yr old son is mild Aspbergers and has a speech impediment.He's had the advantage of intervention at age3, and ongoing evals.,iep's,OT,and speech therapy.Im not sure what it would look like in an adult woman who's been homeschooled,sheltered, and from a culture that doesnt seem to recognize things like social/learning disabilities,though.

Archived