IGNORED

Abigail, the Writer

GeoBQn

I picture any fiction writing by Abigail to be like the anti-abortion short story we tore apart here a few months ago, but with stuff thrown in about how poverty is awesome.

My memory's fuzzy. Was that the one written by the SOTDRT student whose mother gave her an automatic A for how anti-abortion it was, even though it was poorly written and even more poorly researched?

Yes, that's the one.

Okay then.

I think I only read the first half before I headdesked so hard I knocked myself unconscious I ragequit.

"Um, is it really a natural progression to go from blogging to writing a book? I mean, I can think of a couple of bloggers who did it, but their books are mostly just compilations of things on their sites plus a few additional entries. I think there's a pretty strong disconnect between mommy blogging and becoming an author"

Unfortunately, given the state of e-publishing, it's very possible to go from blogging to writing a "book." With an ounce of savvy, which I'm not sure she has, you can have that "book" show up on Kindle or Nook lists as a "Book" that someone might want to "buy" even for $.99. Your friends can access it, which gives you hits, and also give glowing reviews. So,yes, then she can be an "author."

Archived