IGNORED

Lawrence Auster has died

AtroposHeart

His Wikipedia entry has been updated to reflect that he is dead. It's also super gross with all his blather about being proud to be white or wevs.

As for the family thing, I don't think he and Paul Auster were first cousins---though I'm in touch with my first cousins, my more distant cousins and I are rarely in contact, and I'd certainly be more likely to turn to friends for care than to a second cousin.

Gosh, wouldn't it be terrible and competely disrespectful if someone got into his wikipedia entry and messed around with it? Now, I'm not saying anyone from FreeJinger would ever contemplate doing such a mean thing.....but the idea did occur to me.....

While I agree that it's a very awful cancer, Steve Jobs had his caught very early, but refused mainstream medical treatment for 9 months.

For a smart guy, that was a very dumb thing to do. (I do think I remember he tried some alternative stuff)

You gotta go after it with everything MD Anderson, UCLA Medical Center, etc. can throw at it.

I got sucked into the wormhole of crazy that is Kidist's new blog. It's basically the same as her old blog, but with the most lame header I have ever seen. For an "artist" and "illustrator" she sure is terrible at web design. And the purple rose that is her emblem? That's the best she could find? Seriously? Google images "purple rose" yields hundreds of beautiful photos, and she has this horrid, pixelated blob that looks like the top of a Diary Queen ice cream cone. Only purple.

That purple rose looks like a unicorn's asshole.

And yes, she's absolutely terrible at web design (and photography, and textile design, and making "Turnerian" watercolors). She has absolutely no eye, horribly pedestrian taste, and no skill. She studied art at one time, IIRC, but obviously got nothing out of it besides fodder for her pretentiousness.

But honestly, I wouldn't expect better from her. She's constantly focused on finding ugliness in the world and condemning it, even if she has to take something completely out of context and make it ugly in order to do so. She is so ready and willing to hate, and so filled with rage--there is no beauty in her blighted little soul, so how can she possibly see it in the world unless it's glaringly obvious and of a safely approved, respectable kind?

So any creative work she does will be as dull, safe, and inoffensive as the faux-Irish restaurant interiors she goes gaga over, or the planters full of flowers in front of downtown office buildings. She is incapable of doing otherwise because she is, in effect blind to what actually makes something "beautiful."

The guy who played Mozart in Amadeus is gay and a hippie. Also doesn't look enough like him and should have had a rubber nose. And that movie was silly and made Mozart out to be something he wasn't at all, obviously, because Kidist knows from the paintings that he was Very Serious Indeed.

Oh, god--that one cracked me up. And it's just so fucking weird--she's decided that since the portrait of Mozart looked serious, he must, of course, have been. Plus, in her mind, you cannot be silly and playful and pleasure-seeking and still be Great. But if she actually knew anything about art-making (technique) and art history (context), she'd understand exactly why most portraits present the sitter in a serious manner. And if she knew anything about Mozart, she'd know that he actually was a playful, lighthearted guy who liked a good time, enjoyed playing pranks on his friends, and loved toilet humor (which he even included in letters to his mother). He wasn't so childish as he was portrayed in Amadeus, but serious and stuffy? Hardly!

She loves the work of the painter J.M.W. Turner. Then she paints a "Turnerian" watercolor. I sprayed coffee at the screen upon scroll down.

I got to see a huge show of Turner's work--paintings and watercolors--in Dallas a couple of years ago. Photos don't do any of it justice; that show completely blew my mind. The watercolors, many of which just look like drips and blobs in photos, were amazing. So I scrolled down to look at Kidist's "Turnerian" watercolor, and...no. Just no. Fuck off, Kidist.

The Botkinettes do not really understand Christianity. They are also "too peppy".

Well, I'll agree that the Botkinettes don't really understand Christianity. But WTF "too peppy?" They always struck me as dull and stilted, and Kidist must have all the esprit of a tree sloth on Valium if she thinks that. Their hair gets a little too "peppy"--maybe she meant that? :lol:

She drinks a tiny, cheap beer during happy hour. She is disappointed that the windows of the Irish pub are not etched, but stickers. The 7 cents (Canadian) profit the bar made on her tiny, cheap beer likely didn't go to etching, but to the light bill or the free Wifi she uses to write her blog.

I'm surprised she drinks anything so plebeian and unladylike as beer. I would expect a paean (with accompanying bad photos) to the delicate tints of her delectable blush Chablis (and subsequent disappointment to discover that it came in a box).

Kidist seems to be going deeper into the rabbit hole with every blog post. Her latest compares Auster with another conservative,

one true and one flase (sic).

She is just a bizarre woman. So is Laura Wood. I do not get this hero worship of Auster.

reclaimbeauty.blogspot.ca/2013/04/who-is-true-conservative-this-is.html

Found the funeral home link: donohuefuneralhome.tributes.com/obituary/read/Lawrence-Auster-95533260

It lists "Mrs. Lauren Wood of Wayne PA" as a friend.

...and that's it. No other friends or family, except his dead parents.

Wow. Really sad. When no one likes you except one crazy lady from the internet? Yikes.

Found the funeral home link: donohuefuneralhome.tributes.com/obituary/read/Lawrence-Auster-95533260

I wonder what Laura's husband thought of her bringing Laurence to their home to convalesce?

So Lauren Wood is TTH?

In TTH's and Kidist's eyes he was an intellectual giant. Interestingly, there's still no obit in the New York Times, or paid death notice on Legacy.com or anywhere else...

There is an obituary for him on at least one white supremacist website. Ick.

So Lauren Wood is TTH?

Yep, that's her - but I think "Lauren" is a typo courtesy of the funeral home. She IDs herself on her blog as Laura.

Archived