IGNORED

Lawrence Auster has died

AtroposHeart

amnation.com/vfr/

He was a very far right pundit who many believed was the thinking housewife.

I don't like to get happy over death, but I reall don't think anything of value has been lost.

So if TTH continues to post would this "prove" they are different people? I guess we'll find out.

So if TTH continues to post would this "prove" they are different people? I guess we'll find out.

They're different people. I've been following this on both Auster's and TTH's blogs for the past several weeks. Auster wrote in detail about his battle with pancreatic cancer, and his acceptance of TTH's invite to spend the last few weeks of his life with her in Pennsylvania.

Her blog March 9th:

For the first time since I started this blog almost four years ago, I have encountered a serious obstacle to keeping up with my daily postings. I am taking care of a terminally ill friend. This is something I am glad to do. But in the last few weeks especially, I have had very little time to blog.

His blog February 19th:

I am lying in my bedroom in my friend’s house in suburban Main Line Pennslyvania, and outside the picture window is a small brown hill that looks like a California hill.

Somewhere on his blog is another entry explaining that he's going to PA, but I can't locate it now in the great wall of text.

They're different people. I've been following this on both Auster's and TTH's blogs for the past several weeks. Auster wrote in detail about his battle with pancreatic cancer, and his acceptance of TTH's invite to spend the last few weeks of his life with her in Pennsylvania.

Her blog March 9th:

His blog February 19th:

Somewhere on his blog is another entry explaining that he's going to PA, but I can't locate it now in the great wall of text.

Ah, I didn't realize that. Maybe she thought so highly of him she aped his writing style and that's why they seemed like the same person.

Taking care of a terminally ill friend is about the only decent thing I've ever heard about TTH.

I don't think those passages prove that they're different people--he could have posted the same story from both perspectives on two blogs, right?

If the TTH blog ends, I think that will be the best evidence yet that TTH doesn't really exist.

I thought we had pictures from Kidist that proved they were different people?

Wasn't Kidist somewhat obsessed with "Larry" at some point? Wonder how she'll spin this--some evil multi-culti doctor, hospital or pharmaceutical company? Left wing political conspiracy?

I came to the conclusion that there was a TTH, but that Auster wrote most of the posts on that blog.

I am sure his family and friends will miss him greatly, and they truly have my sympathies, but I won't miss his terrible opinions and writing at all.

Wasn't Kidist somewhat obsessed with "Larry" at some point? Wonder how she'll spin this--some evil multi-culti doctor, hospital or pharmaceutical company? Left wing political conspiracy?

Interesting - thus far, not a peep from Kidist.

Interesting - thus far, not a peep from Kidist.

She hasn't been posting at all on her original site (sorry, don't have the link handy). She's too busy posting about "beauty" on one of her new sites, where she continues to solicit donations. She enrages me to the point that I rarely read her these days.

She's probably trying to figure out how to crash the funeral, seeing as how she supposedly corresponded with him regularly.

Kidist's new project is here: reclaimbeauty.blogspot.ca/

I find the articles too boring to read.

Kidist's new project is here: reclaimbeauty.blogspot.ca/

I find the articles too boring to read.

That's it. You're right about it being boring-- she's just rambling on about beauty and culture (or her view of them, anyway). It's only a matter of time before she goes off on one of her rants, though. She's too tightly wound to be able to maintain her current version of herself for that long. Some random encounter that offends her delicate sensibilities (i.e., pretty much anything) will set her off.

Readers will note the synchronicity of Mr. Auster’s death. He died on Good Friday. He said repeatedly that becoming a Christian believer was the most important event of his life. Born a Jew, he was baptized as an Anglican on Holy Thursday 15 years ago. And, he was received into the Catholic Church and took the sacraments, including Holy Unction, in his hospital room on Sunday.

This was written by The Thinking Housewife on Auster's site.

Apparently, he wasn't so certain about his faith. Had to be positive, so finally converted to Catholicism. JUST MAKING SURE, YOU GUYS.

Rest in Peace, Larry. Heaven knows we don't want you haunting us. :evil-eye:

Kidist finally got around to writing about him:

reclaimbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/04/larry-auster.html

(Having trouble with the link, so it may not work. It's the 4/2/13 entry of her Reclaiming Beauty blog. Because Kidist is the embodiment of all things beautiful, and is determined to tell you all about it)

According to this, she and "Larry" were best buds, bonding over ideology and hamburgers.

I got sucked into the wormhole of crazy that is Kidist's new blog. It's basically the same as her old blog, but with the most lame header I have ever seen. For an "artist" and "illustrator" she sure is terrible at web design. And the purple rose that is her emblem? That's the best she could find? Seriously? Google images "purple rose" yields hundreds of beautiful photos, and she has this horrid, pixelated blob that looks like the top of a Diary Queen ice cream cone. Only purple.

Highlights: you are only a real conservative if you take your husband's last name and don't maintain your own/force your wife to take your name.

The guy who played Mozart in Amadeus is gay and a hippie. Also doesn't look enough like him and should have had a rubber nose. And that movie was silly and made Mozart out to be something he wasn't at all, obviously, because Kidist knows from the paintings that he was Very Serious Indeed.

Classical musicians take music too fast because of the Asians. Not enough prettiness! *wags finger*

She loves the work of the painter J.M.W. Turner. Then she paints a "Turnerian" watercolor. I sprayed coffee at the screen upon scroll down.

She used to be obsessed with dog roses because she thinks the name came from dag meaning dagger, so fighting roses. Yep. And then she designed a really horrible pattern with pink roses and blue doves that is...bad. And art teachers are wrong and all the good artists flunk out because they aren't modern enough.

She was once a serious biology undergrad. Does she EVER finish anything? Well, besides umpteen blog posts that piss us off but no one else cares about, I mean.

There was an African War Dance in the Church of England. Except without the swords and shields and with polka dotted pants. Some people were obviously outraged, based on the photo and her reading of body language and facial expressions.

Chinese businessmen tried to buy Saab, which obviously is a travesty because WHITE DESIGN is God and Chinese people don't deserve air to breathe. Because they're Asian and want our Glorious White Menz for husbands.

The Botkinettes do not really understand Christianity. They are also "too peppy".

She drinks a tiny, cheap beer during happy hour. She is disappointed that the windows of the Irish pub are not etched, but stickers. The 7 cents (Canadian) profit the bar made on her tiny, cheap beer likely didn't go to etching, but to the light bill or the free Wifi she uses to write her blog.

It's like a supermarket of insanity.

It's rather interesting and sad that, in his final days, LA had no one to care for him but a like-minded cyber friend.

No family to speak of?

Having said that, pancreatic cancer is a scourge. I've witnessed it and I would not wish it on anyone. The survival rates have never improved since the med folks started tracking it in the 1950's. Even Steve Jobs, with all his resources, could not beat it.

It's rather interesting and sad that, in his final days, LA had no one to care for him but a like-minded cyber friend.

No family to speak of?

Having said that, pancreatic cancer is a scourge. I've witnessed it and I would not wish it on anyone. The survival rates have never improved since the med folks started tracking it in the 1950's. Even Steve Jobs, with all his resources, could not beat it.

Yeah, pancreatic cancer stinks. My mom has a client in the end stages of it at the moment, and it seems like an especially painful way to go.

About your observation that TTH appears to have been what he had for company while he was dying-- he's related to writer Paul Auster. So it's not that he has no family. It may be that he has estranged family. I have relatives I avoid for less public offenses than his variety of virulent racism.

I figured he had family, but his writings or opinions alienated him from those folks. I think his loyal followers

need to take a hard look at the reality of his situation. Who wants to end up with no one but the Stinking

Housewife to look after you as you are dying?

If I hadn't know the history behind this, I would have guess it was a joke.

But the blogging career that stands out on the Internet and in the history of American letters as a tour de force of philosophical and cultural insight is over.

Did he have an actual job? Blogging isn't a career.

Clarinetpower Thank you for talking one for the team, I tried to read them, in their stilted glory with all the bile and the wikipedia references and discovered I just couldn't.

I found it interesting that her recollection of Auster was more along the lines of ' we walked here and there and ate and stared at 'beautiful things' , nothing about my friend Larry and I had these amazing days together and we enjoyed conversation and he is funny and blah blah. Felt more like stilted ' I knew this person ,he is gone now' post than a tribute to a friend.

In TTH's and Kidist's eyes he was an intellectual giant. Interestingly, there's still no obit in the New York Times, or paid death notice on Legacy.com or anywhere else...

His Wikipedia entry has been updated to reflect that he is dead. It's also super gross with all his blather about being proud to be white or wevs.

As for the family thing, I don't think he and Paul Auster were first cousins---though I'm in touch with my first cousins, my more distant cousins and I are rarely in contact, and I'd certainly be more likely to turn to friends for care than to a second cousin.

I got sucked into the wormhole of crazy that is Kidist's new blog. It's basically the same as her old blog, but with the most lame header I have ever seen. For an "artist" and "illustrator" she sure is terrible at web design. And the purple rose that is her emblem? That's the best she could find? Seriously? Google images "purple rose" yields hundreds of beautiful photos, and she has this horrid, pixelated blob that looks like the top of a Diary Queen ice cream cone. Only purple.

Highlights: you are only a real conservative if you take your husband's last name and don't maintain your own/force your wife to take your name.

The guy who played Mozart in Amadeus is gay and a hippie. Also doesn't look enough like him and should have had a rubber nose. And that movie was silly and made Mozart out to be something he wasn't at all, obviously, because Kidist knows from the paintings that he was Very Serious Indeed.

Classical musicians take music too fast because of the Asians. Not enough prettiness! *wags finger*

She loves the work of the painter J.M.W. Turner. Then she paints a "Turnerian" watercolor. I sprayed coffee at the screen upon scroll down.

She used to be obsessed with dog roses because she thinks the name came from dag meaning dagger, so fighting roses. Yep. And then she designed a really horrible pattern with pink roses and blue doves that is...bad. And art teachers are wrong and all the good artists flunk out because they aren't modern enough.

She was once a serious biology undergrad. Does she EVER finish anything? Well, besides umpteen blog posts that piss us off but no one else cares about, I mean.

There was an African War Dance in the Church of England. Except without the swords and shields and with polka dotted pants. Some people were obviously outraged, based on the photo and her reading of body language and facial expressions.

Chinese businessmen tried to buy Saab, which obviously is a travesty because WHITE DESIGN is God and Chinese people don't deserve air to breathe. Because they're Asian and want our Glorious White Menz for husbands.

The Botkinettes do not really understand Christianity. They are also "too peppy".

She drinks a tiny, cheap beer during happy hour. She is disappointed that the windows of the Irish pub are not etched, but stickers. The 7 cents (Canadian) profit the bar made on her tiny, cheap beer likely didn't go to etching, but to the light bill or the free Wifi she uses to write her blog.

It's like a supermarket of insanity.

You deserve an award, or a whole lot of booze, for wading through that.

While I agree that it's a very awful cancer, Steve Jobs had his caught very early, but refused mainstream medical treatment for 9 months.

You deserve an award, or a whole lot of booze, for wading through that.

I'll take the whole lot of booze. :obscene-drinkingdrunk:

Archived