IGNORED

Maxwell's pray away credit card issues

OkToBeTakei

Helpie folk please merge if this is off. Did not see any recent Maxwell road trip snark.

Not posting a link, cos you know. Hello?

Highlights.

Ladies love Teri.

The 'Lord' gives his holiness Steve the words. Always good to blame a third party when you are liable for twattery.

Declaring Jesus. I declare excess baggage or duty free. Never Jesus though. Will try that next time. May save me. (money)

Fellowshipping. Fellowshipped. Fellowship. Shipping to me is probably very different. Fanfic makes me think naughty things every time a fundie uses that term.

Chick Fil A is a Christian chicken restaurant. Who knew?

I thought there was a Simon and Garfunkel reference. Silly me.

Uriah likes to plug in. He is quite ok who he plugs into. Free seems to excite him.

The miracle...

The Lord brought a wonderful group. Right before 9, we discovered credit card processing wasn’t working. I called the support number and handed the phone off to Mary, because I needed to be in the first session with Anna. Long story short, it appeared they wouldn’t be able to fix it. In between the sessions, I explained the problem to Dad. Dad prayed with me, and I went back to the tables. Shortly thereafter, I received a phone call from the support place. They had it fixed! Wow. Praise the Lord! I’m so grateful for His guidance in every area of our lives.

Love it. Way to make we were crapping ourselves that we would make no money but that would be really crass to say. So we made up this wee story instead. :lol:

Steve can hopefully pray away third world debt the same way. OH wait he won't make anything out of that. :(

The potluck began at 5, and the gym was a buzz with activity while people enjoyed fellowshipping and eating. Some meandered outside. Mom sat on a picnic bench surrounded by a group of ladies. What a sweet sight! Ladies love her (we all do ;) ).

Sarah is 31. I think it is about god damn time she increases her vocabulary a little. I am so sick of everything being sweet, I swear I think it is the only adjective she knows. So here you go Sara, a few synonyms for sweet, which I found in this new fangled thing called a "thesaurus":

adorable, alluring, ambrosial, angelic, beatific, beautiful, blessed, blissful, celestial, cherubic, darling, delectable, delicious, delightful, divine, empyrean, enjoyable, entrancing, excellent, exquisite, extraterrestrial, glorious, godlike, holy, immortal, lovely, luscious, lush, paradisaical, rapturous, ravishing, scrumptious, seraphic, sublime, superhuman, supernal, supernatural, sweet, wonderful, yummy

Sarah is 31. I think it is about god damn time she increases her vocabulary a little. I am so sick of everything being sweet, I swear I think it is the only adjective she knows. So here you go Sara, a few synonyms for sweet, which I found in this new fangled thing called a "thesaurus":

adorable, alluring, ambrosial, angelic, beatific, beautiful, blessed, blissful, celestial, cherubic, darling, delectable, delicious, delightful, divine, empyrean, enjoyable, entrancing, excellent, exquisite, extraterrestrial, glorious, godlike, holy, immortal, lovely, luscious, lush, paradisaical, rapturous, ravishing, scrumptious, seraphic, sublime, superhuman, supernal, supernatural, sweet, wonderful, yummy

Yummy, extraterrestrial, scrumptious Teri :lol:

We talked a little about the credit card glitch in White bus o'gloom post.

I am still surprised that this family, who claims to be so anti-debt, accepts credit cards. Hypocrisy thy name is Steve.

I can see them taking credit cards, making money off the backs of other people and then claiming to be great christians is just like the Maxwells.

Well, to be fair the thing probably reads debit cards too... that could be why they justify it. I agree though, it does sound sketch.

On the adjective thing, why does every sweet host family make delicious food? Can the food not be lovely, wonderful, tasty, interesting, delectable, scrumdelicious, or any damn thing other than delicious? Any know if synonyms exist in the Moody books?

Well, to be fair the thing probably reads debit cards too... that could be why they justify it. I agree though, it does sound sketch.

I think it was the fact he prayed away a whole banking/computing error. Well that was what I was referring to. Cos you know that just happens. All the time.

Next time my ATM is out of mini-statements. Out of order. Or my supermarket Switch/Delta machine is not working. I'm going to channel Steve. I would just pray myself. But paint me cynical, I just don't have the biblical touch :( Bible being all about that kind of stuff. Apparently.

Must be ace to be Steve at traffic lights and such :lol:

On the adjective thing, why does every sweet host family make delicious food? Can the food not be lovely, wonderful, tasty, interesting, delectable, scrumdelicious, or any damn thing other than delicious? Any know if synonyms exist in the Moody books?

And do unsweet families serve shitty food?

I think that almost any outside food would be delicious to the Maxhells, compared to the tasteless stuff that Steve allows in the house.

I dunno, you start reading a thesaurus and you get dangerously close to the idea of thinking how you might describe a scene or happening from multiple DIFFERENT points of view...! :lol:

Along with everything being sweet Sarah also always writes that "hearts were open to what was shared....". She writes this about every single conference they have.

hmm Visa Debit has been around for quite awhile now. Why do they still have real credit cards? hmm Its not like they are travelling overseas & need an extra emergency backup that doesn't require going to a bank or online to transfer money into their savings/cheque account.

Yes. In maxwell land you are obliged to share God's message but only if your listeners can pay. If the credit card machine ain't working, DISASTER! Stop the evangelising immediately!!!! Oh the hypocrisy.

I wonder if they take checks? Afterall, anyone who is attending a conference is a good old Christian so they wouldn't dare bounce a check right?

And yes -- "hearts were open to what was shared" shows up often in Sarah's posts. It's so awkward.

I wonder if they take checks? Afterall, anyone who is attending a conference is a good old Christian so they wouldn't dare bounce a check right?

:lol: Oh how I wish someone would ask them this!

Of course, they would never, ever take the malfunctioning machine as a sign that maybe God wants them to stop taking people's money.

is this the first time the maxwells have eating at a "fast food restaurant"? i don't remember ever seeing them eat out of little to go boxes

I wonder how Steve can justify selling their message/products inside churches? To refresh Steve's memory, "Hi, Steve!", Matthew 21:12 - Jesus chases the moneychangers from the Temple.

Add me to the surprised (but not) list regarding their accepting credit cards. I'm pretty sure they could choose to accept debit but not credit. If I remember correctly Dave Ramsey accepts debit but not credit on his website.

It's really not Sarah's fault that her writing is such a boring kludgy mess. My 6yo has more life experience than she does.

Sarah's writing reminds me of these postcards my parents gave me when I went to sleepaway camp. They were basically preprinted cards with boilerplate text and few blanks to fill in with pertinent details and they were meant for kids who were having too much FUN to write home. Sarah's writing is pretty much like those cards, only minus the fun aspect. Given that her days are and endless boring blob of blah, each one rolling into the next with little to distinguish it, she really doesn't need to reinvent the wheel or stretch her writing with every post.

"We drove all _________ through ___________ until we reached __________. We were so blessed to have the Lord's guidance! After a sweet _________ prepared by the ____ Family, we set up for our conference and were blessed to meet so many sweet people. Many hearts were opened. After, we enjoyed sweet fellowship. Then we packed the bus and drove all ___________ through _____________ until we stopped at _____________ and looked as some ____________. I took pictures. It was sweet.

__________ His

Sarah"

Really, what more does she need? SWEET!

or

2dviz61.jpg

:cry:

I'm sure eloquence is in her intent.

Sparkles, that template would also make for an excellent Mad Lib. We're probably tainted here by already knowing the content of the narrative it's meant to populate, but if any FJ members want to try it in the privacy of your own home, get someone else to give you the following terms:

Period of time

Place name

Another place name

Event

Surname

Period of time

Yet another place name

A fourth and final place name

Plural noun

Adverb

and see what horrors and wonders might result...

Wonder if Sarah lucked out the first time or had to request transfers until she got to talk to a woman at tech support? Wouldn't want Mary to be defrauded, after all :naughty:

Sparkles, that template would also make for an excellent Mad Lib. We're probably tainted here by already knowing the content of the narrative it's meant to populate, but if any FJ members want to try it in the privacy of your own home, get someone else to give you the following terms:

Period of time

Place name

Another place name

Event

Surname

Period of time

Yet another place name

A fourth and final place name

Plural noun

Adverb

and see what horrors and wonders might result...

My sister and I played Mad Libs on long road trips/family vacations in the 70s! Yes, dating myself here. We would laugh so hard, we would cry (which was better than fighting for space in the back seat of the car!). I was delighted to find pads of them a few years ago -- I'd thought they were a thing of the past! My kids (13 and 10) think they are so funny. Fundie Mad Libs would be hilarious!

Archived