IGNORED

anti abortion MP in Canada - really?

memmy

Yes. There are a lot of them, including my own MP. :doh: The Cons are filled with them. It truly makes me sick that they keep on getting re-elected.

funny thing (or not so funny) is that it happened in the city where I work... so very close to home... unbelievable

i thought it was only possible in AR - but no no i was wrong

Canada has its share of batshit anti-choicers too, unfortunately. I can't express how awesome it is that Stephen Woodworth was shut down by the one thing that probably makes him the most uncomfortable. People are concerned that stuff like this - shutting down his talks instead of pretending his opinion is just a harmless little thing we should give credence to - will only further his White Dude Persecution Complex™. People protest their events? Persecution! Their motion gets voted down? Persecution! The media refuses to inflate the number of people who attended the March for "Life"? Persecution! Media referring to them as "anti-abortion"? Persecution! Media pays attention to pro-choice demos? Persecution! Students allowed to have gay-straight alliances? Persecution! People try to stop municipal governments from having "pro-life days"? Persecution! The government paying attention to homophobic bullying instead of fetus-bullying? Persecution! People make fun of them for thinking pictures of the virgin Mary will stop people from having abortions? Persecution! People can have abortions? Persecution!

I think there is value to not making it easier for them than it needs to be, but if your goal when interacting with anti-choicers is not making them cry persecution, you won't find much to do.

ETA Stephen Woodworth is an idiot. Hi Google[bot]!

Archived