IGNORED

Crazy Makeup Post

GenerationCedarchip

Thank you, Chaotic. I wasn't sure if it was some cultural custom I was clueless about. My condolences as well; it's been a freaking rough year for you.

Being the pasty white variety myself, I've started buying my sunscreen from Canada. Better sunscreen ingredients (tinsorb and mexoryl sx) that are better at skin cancer prevention without the hormonal disruption.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, for some people hair washing might be a chore... my friend is African American and has textured hair, and she says that it takes two hours to wash her hair. She said it's like that for most people with textured hair, but I wouldn't know personally (me=pasty white chick who would probably benefit from some natural makeup).

Personally, I hate showering. I hate everything I need to do in the shower; to me it is a chore, even though it's not very hard, nor time consuming. I just hate doing it.

ITA with the second part. (Of course, I shower regularly, and I like being clean, I just view the process of getting there as a complete nuisance.) Hair care is really annoying. Rather than "find ways to make it as pleasant as possible," I just find ways to make it as easy and fast as possible. Sometimes I even consider cutting it all off (the horror!) Luckily, I'm around people for whom Elegant Ladylikeness is not their highest compliment, and who seem to have no confusion as to my gender.

Also, upon rereading the makeup article, the following jumped out at me:

Every woman can be feminine no matter what her coloring is, or her skin type, or her shape or build or if she was told by the 'fashion authorities' that she is the "athletic type." Don't let them put you into a mold and shape your identity. If you're a woman, you are feminine, first and foremost! That's all you have to know.

I present to you: anti-feminism in a nutshell. :roll:

ETA: bolding mine, for emphasis

Archived