IGNORED

Crazy Makeup Post

GenerationCedarchip

One of my fundie relatives sends around a monthly newsletter and she always includes "Edifying Reading" with a series of either book suggestions or blogs to visit, etc... There were several blogs listed this month. Most are ones we're already familiar with such as LAF or Raising Homemakers, but there was one on here that was new to me. I went to visit and the top post was this one:

bewiseandliveayounggirlsguidetograce.blogspot.com/2013/03/girls-are-you-wearing-un-feminine-makeup.html

Apparently, the blogger watched a YouTube makeup tutorial taught by a male makeup artist. And this gives us such revelations as:

- wondering if he might be homosexual - because men+makeup= AWKWARD :icon-redface:

- A "Eureka!" moment where upon seeing that this artist has demonstrated the way to apply "yourself but better" or natural looking makeup, the blogger decides that the natural look takes away from the femininity of women and makes them look more like men. :o

- What is considered classic and tasteful today is really a blending of the sexes into some kind of unholy androgyny - BEWARE! :angry-fire:

- And make sure your makeup is all kinds of pink and feminine because if you wear nude or bronze tones, the devil's gonna gitcha! :lol:

And I haven't even gotten started on describing her "Elegant Lady" posts for you....

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha. Glad to know my make-up is turning me into a man.

From her elegant lady posts: "Since this chore of hair washing must be done frequently, she will seek ways to make it as pleasant as possible." Is it REALLY that big of a "chore" to have to wash your hair? She's also wayyy too obsessed with flowers.

Damn. No nude tones? Guess my investment in the Urban Decay Naked Palette is just a ticket to hell. Oh well. At least I looks pretty.

From her elegant lady posts: "Since this chore of hair washing must be done frequently, she will seek ways to make it as pleasant as possible." Is it REALLY that big of a "chore" to have to wash your hair? She's also wayyy too obsessed with flowers.

It truly is a chore. So, I have hot, built, naked men wash my hair. Much more pleasant that way!

LOL - The tip that caught my eye was the part about how an elegant lady wouldn't want anyone to be cold in winter so she decorates with pretty throw blankets. And, of course, she makes them herself. I like to knit, but come on!

Damn. No nude tones? Guess my investment in the Urban Decay Naked Palette is just a ticket to hell. Oh well. At least I looks pretty.

Do you like? I think I want that.

I'll see you in hell, then -- I'll be the other one in nude tones. :twisted:

And that's the whole point of this blog post today, is that he applied full makeup on himself, and he still looked like a man! He didn't look like a woman after using multiple products. For sure, his skin was much smoother and free of redness and blemishes, but he definitely still looked male.

So how is that possible for a man to apply women's makeup in the way we're all taught to today and still look very much like a man you ask?

Well gee, perhaps it's not makeup that makes you a woman!!!! I know I know, crazy talk... :roll:

(never worn makeup a day in my life and hey guess what? I'm still a woman)

The model with the "barefaced, manly look" doesn't look at all masculine to me--she looks as if she needs a full night's sleep and a good meal.

The thing about earth tones made me laugh. When I was a teen in the mid-'60s, heavy eyeliner, bright blue eye shadow, and white lipstick were in style. My absolutely-not-a-fundie Dad, who was the opposite of Steve Maxwell when it came to judging his daughters' clothes, didn't approve of the Liz-Taylor-as-Cleopatra look, so, because he was a nice guy who made few demands on me, I indulged him and used more neutral shades. The upshot was that I mastered the no-makeup look before it came into style.

I've laughed til I cried reading this lady's blog. Thank you for the hilarity. :)

Apparently, I am not an elegant woman. Awwwww. :dance:

And what would she say to those of us females who only wear makeup now and then? (and even then, never any lip color; that looks universally awful on me. guess I'm doomed to masculinity with my plain chapstick.)

I'm also highly looking forward to her post on ditching your jeans.

Her obsession with a fresh-smelling home also reminds me a bit of the Large Families on Purpose home organization tips...

Do you like? I think I want that.

The NYX nude palette is a dead-ringer the the Urban Decay one and much cheaper. I've tried both and not noticed a difference.

It truly is a chore. So, I have hot, built, naked men wash my hair. Much more pleasant that way!

Hmm. If I complain about having to wash my hair more often, will I get this treatment too?

I notieced she seemed to indicate that ten=manly in her posts a lot.

What does she think only white girls are feminine?

Today I achieved a "no makeup" look by wearing no make up. In my defence the clock sprang forward but I did not and my morning routine was cut to the bare bones so I could make it to work on time. Funny thing, no one mistook me for a man (and I was wearing pants and oxford type shoes too).

I read an elegant woman doesn't eat chocolate.

Okay, I will be a t-shirt and pants wearing, short hair baseball cap bitch, if it means I get to keep chocolate

I'm very blonde, and trust me, no one wants to see me all trussed up in "feminine" pastel make-up. I look like a damned Easter Egg. Well. If I don't get to keep my beloved pale nude lip gloss, then she doesn't get to have the world's longest blog title. So there. :snooty:

Is she purposely describing Ellen as a "Classy" look? Lol. In my professional opinion, this woman is insane, or, as we say in the mental health profession, "batshit."

I notieced she seemed to indicate that ten=manly in her posts a lot.

What does she think only white girls are feminine?

Yeah, are you doomed to masculinity if you even have to have a dark complexion? And why does the fundies' version of "femininity" is always almost caricatural, as in you need to have all pink and sparkles and flowers?

I've noticed she's also yet another young single woman who gives marriage advice.

Okay, I actually went to have a look see. I was laughing out loud. It was totally worth the lulz! Also, what is the big deal with short hair? What is wrong with having a style that suits your face? I look so much better with short hair. Anything longer than chin length weighs my face down. I feel cute and quite sexy with short hair. And funny...my family doesn't think I'm a man.

I, too am so looking forward to the ditch your jeans post!!! I love how it's totes cool to wear them in certain situations though. :lol:

How old is this woman? My mom graduated high school in 1961. They played basketball half court because too much running damaged the uterus, as she was told.

Also, without makeup, I lack eyebrows. Not going outside sans facial expressions, thanks.

The NYX nude palette is a dead-ringer the the Urban Decay one and much cheaper. I've tried both and not noticed a difference.

I LOVE my UD palette... but I agree, NYX and Physician's Formula both make great dupes. I got mine with bonus points from Ulta, which was really the only way I COULD have it, since I wasn't willing to pay 60.00

Google Drugstore Princess. She has an AMAZING blog for dupes of every fancy makeup product out there. I paid 1.00 for an ELF blush in place of NARS Orgasm Blush. SO WORTH IT.

Ok. Just so I'm clear here, I'm to buy makeup in numerous feminine colors (pink), yet stay as pale as possible, nix the exercise, grow out my hair so that I don't look like a man, and take off my jeans? And no advice on with what to replace them? She'd have us half-naked and keep us hanging? Not feminine, makeup lady. :naughty:

Archived