IGNORED

Crazy Makeup Post

GenerationCedarchip

I love this: "You may think you have the worst skin in the whole world, but all skin can be improved by sincere prayer to God, and with disciplined, consistent, daily attention, and also by putting a stop to things that abuse it - specifically going to tanning beds, excessive exercising, sugar addiction, smoking etc."

Who knew?

This pissed me off. I have a genetic skin condition that causes my skin to grow faster then it sheds. No amount of praying has cured me. I do have a long daily skin care routine. I get frustrated knowing that some people don't have to spend 2 hours out of the day taking care of their skin.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love this: "You may think you have the worst skin in the whole world, but all skin can be improved by sincere prayer to God, and with disciplined, consistent, daily attention, and also by putting a stop to things that abuse it - specifically going to tanning beds, excessive exercising, sugar addiction, smoking etc."

Who knew?

I wonder what her thoughts on peels & retin-a are? Because no amount of prayer & cleansing will do to a woman's skin what a peel or potent vitamin A will, yet to begin with both of these things are skin abuse.

This pissed me off. I have a genetic skin condition that causes my skin to grow faster then it sheds. No amount of praying has cured me. I do have a long daily skin care routine. I get frustrated knowing that some people don't have to spend 2 hours out of the day taking care of their skin.

I don't have anything that bad, but I had to use prescription lotion a few years ago because my hands were so dry they cracked and bled. I guess I didn't pray enough. Or, it was stigmata? :twisted:

I love my yoga and am not the least ashamed that I am 42 and can put both legs behind my head easily.

As someone with spine issues, let me just say I am JEALOUS!!!

That said though, I don't care if anyone walks on me doing my physical therapy in my yoga pants.

I like the part in which an Elegant Lady always does her dishes by hand. I was just thinking the other night how glad I am my dishwasher broke because it's so inelegant!

I always do my dishes by hand because I don't have a dishwasher. However, the yoga pants are probably cancelling out the elegance... :lol:

Hmmm... I don't wear any makeup. I guess that explains the penis I never noticed I had. Hopefully my headship won't mind. Maybe If he leaves me over it, I can seduce xgaygreg away from Dede. Then I can have a magic baby too!

So is my black eyeliner layered up to respectable Goth levels and bright pink eyeshadow feminine enough? XD

Does my lack of pink lipstick and pink eye shadow mean I'm a man? Who knew!

Ironically, I fit her cookie-cutter well, because my hair is long and my skin is pale. Yet, pink is the very last of colours I should be seen with: My hair is red and my skin has a reddish undertone, it would clash marvellously and make me look like... like... like a zombie who put on make up. Cold and dead.

And my lips have naturally a intense red colour, why do I need to cover it up? But we all should know by now: Fundies have no logic, they only have a one-size-fits-all-approach.

+1. I suffered acne for years. It is an incredibly recalcitrant, treatment-resistant condition.

I also have pompholyx eczema. That means my palms regularly break out in deep, severely itchy and often painful blisters followed by cracking and peeling. Any derm will tell you the causes are unknown and there is NO CURE. Skin is a weird and challenging organ.

Oh, and while I am staunchly anti -tanning, there is no denying that it will help clear breakouts and eczema. So she doesn't even have a single fact right.

Switching to a non-wheat diet will solve EVERYTHING, and if it doesn't, you didn't stick to it long enough. :roll:

Who knew?

FOUL. I had horrible acne from age 14 on through my mid-20s, and for a number of those years, I was a practicing LCMS Christian, praying regularly and sincerely to God. I gave my skin more attention than anything, never went to tanning beds, didn't exercise much at all, never smoked, nor was I "addicted" to sugar or anything else. YOU ARE WRONG, MAKEUP LADY. My skin improved *after* I stopped praying to God!

I don't wear makeup and I can't apply it myself, but every time I get makeup done I end up with pink eyeshadow, pink blush, pink lips (and [iMO redonkulous looking] brown eyebrows.) I thought it was because I'm so pale, but it turns out that I'm really an elegant lady! Guess I'd better start sewing lace on the rags I use for drying my pots and pans. Maybe next I'll attach some to the ruffles on my cute aprons--you know, to make 'em elegant-er? Then I'll move on to the rugs!!!

So she has learned to pay careful attention to the effects different foods have on her teeth and their potential staining capabilities. She has given up chocolate and coffee for this very reason.

She will pry my coffee from my dead hands. Chocolate isn't a favorite of mine, so I guess she could have that, but never the coffee.

Damn. No nude tones? Guess my investment in the Urban Decay Naked Palette is just a ticket to hell. Oh well. At least I looks pretty.

My pink eyeshadow is a shield against Satan.

Oh thanks. So she is unmarried and in her thirties and probably does not work. And doesn't put up any pictures of herself.

It's odd how impersonal both of the blogs are. No comments, no personal references whatsoever, as far as I can see. I know we criticize a lot of bloggers for being too transparent, but the other extreme is pretty off-putting as well. If you're going to give that much advice, shouldn't you be able to demonstrate some kind of personal stake, experience or expertise in the matter? The authorial distance plus the ridiculous idealism puts the whole thing so far out in la-la land that Lady Lydia looks almost realistic by comparison. At least she is showing us the absurd bathrobes she makes out of walmart fleece.

FOUL. I had horrible acne from age 14 on through my mid-20s, and for a number of those years, I was a practicing LCMS Christian, praying regularly and sincerely to God. I gave my skin more attention than anything, never went to tanning beds, didn't exercise much at all, never smoked, nor was I "addicted" to sugar or anything else. YOU ARE WRONG, MAKEUP LADY. My skin improved *after* I stopped praying to God!

I also had very bad acne but it started after I turned 20. I tried everything! And the only thing it work was massive dosis of Accutane. Yes, it was so bad and I felt so bad going into work with that kind of skin that I took the risk... And believe me, I prayed to every single deity known to get rid of it but none listen. Because, it is a medical problem!

Oh, and while I am staunchly anti -tanning, there is no denying that it will help clear breakouts and eczema. So she doesn't even have a single fact right.

I had severe atopic dermatitis (from my scalp and face to my toes, and everywhere in between) from age 18 to about 25-ish, and I did indeed go tanning a lot in those years, and went a few weeks ago to rid myself of a stubborn small breakout. That and massive amounts of prednisone (hellooooo, weight gain!) were all that worked for me. I'm claustrophobic as hell and hate the tanning bed with a passion, so I was miserable no matter what I did. I wouldn't wish what I went through with the rashes, infections, painful creams and ear drops, cortisone injections into the most stubbornly painful areas, the sheer dread of bathing because you know it's going to be extremely painful, the toll it takes on your sex life, the desperation in visiting new dermatologists in hopes that this one will cure you, stares and rude comments from people, and the still lingering scars on anyone. Not to mention the mental anguish that comes along with it all.

That woman has no idea about the copious amount of work that goes into a daily skincare regimen for those of us with skin issues. No idea. The color of eyeshadow I wear is the least of my concerns. I'm just happy to have eyelashes again after dealing with them continuously falling out due to the eczema on my eyelids. Fuck her.

edited for riffles

I just read her whole blog. I have no words... Her writing style is horrible. Her advice sounds like it came from a Victorian advice book. I almost, but not quite, think I would rather follow Lori's advice.

Does my lack of pink lipstick and pink eye shadow mean I'm a man? Who knew!

Ironically, I fit her cookie-cutter well, because my hair is long and my skin is pale. Yet, pink is the very last of colours I should be seen with: My hair is red and my skin has a reddish undertone, it would clash marvellously and make me look like... like... like a zombie who put on make up. Cold and dead.

And my lips have naturally a intense red colour, why do I need to cover it up? But we all should know by now: Fundies have no logic, they only have a one-size-fits-all-approach.

Sounds like we might be twins :D

I don't usually wear make-up and I definitely use my dishwasher but amazingly I am married (to a man) and have children. Guess my way is better!

I was going to say there were undertones of racism in the "be pale" nonsense, but actually it's just tones. Loud, loud tones. Like a car alarm, only with bigotry.

OH, I meant to post this earlier...There is a nude palette that I bought at Sephora a few months ago, and seriously, I've barely (haha) used anything else since. I do a full face of makeup every day, but I like subtle nudes most days. It is the Too Faced Naked Eye, I believe it is about $35-$40 and worth every penny since you can also build up color to glam it up if you like. It even comes with a set of cards suggesting different looks you can do step-by-step.

I also had very bad acne but it started after I turned 20. I tried everything! And the only thing it work was massive dosis of Accutane. Yes, it was so bad and I felt so bad going into work with that kind of skin that I took the risk... And believe me, I prayed to every single deity known to get rid of it but none listen. Because, it is a medical problem!

I took the risk of Accutane twice....because my acne has been just. that. bad. for over ten years. I suppose it was worth it, but I do wish that it had gotten rid of my hormonal breakouts. I WANT MY FACE BACK.

One thing that actually did work pretty well for me was the acne.org regimen. It's basically just bombing your skin with loads of low-concentrate benzyl peroxide. It forces oxygen into your pores and makes it more difficult for the acne bacteria to sprout. It also dries your skin out like crazy, but it worked better even than most of the medications and prescription lotions that I got from my derm.

Archived