IGNORED

Crazy Makeup Post

GenerationCedarchip

This is so condescending:

bewiseandliveayounggirlsguidetograce.blogspot.com/2013/01/hi-ladies-for-last-few-posts-weve-been.html

The worst thing this figure type can do, is to wear an above knee length, close fitting pencil skirt tapered in towards the knee which is what all the books advise these poor women to do! No wonder they give up and grab the biggest shirt they can to hide themselves under and just forget about their dream for beauty!

It's like reading something by an eight year old and my grandmother mushed into one. Articles on "how to wash your face" and "your morning routine" are such bullshit. Saying that women shouldn't exercise (maybenot outright, but I definitely got some implied bullshit about women who exercise being "manly")

How hard is it to realize that people are built differently and have different tastes. One of my closest male friends is really into women who have "some meat on their bones" as he put it. He doesn't like women who starve themselves, nor is he into women who don't exercise. Which is kind of weird, IMO, as he's the person I call when I want advice on running. Some men like women who look like Venus Williams, some men like women who look like Beyonce, some men like women who look like Paris Hilton, some are more into Jennifer Hudson or Angelina Jolie. Some men prefer shorter women and some prefer taller women. JUST LIKE WOMEN have different tastes. Some women prefer men who are tall, dark and handsome. Some don't care about looks as much as attitude. Some women get really turned on by body builders, and others prefer the lean look of a runner. Some women really like leather jackets on men, while other women prefer the nerdy hipster look.

IT IS NOT A HARD CONCEPT.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While reading her elegant lady stuff it occurred to me that maybe this lady is none of those things. It reads like she is writing a wish list. I was imagining a woman sitting in a dirty house, messy hair, dirty laundry, microwave dinner berating herself for all the things she is not, but wishes she could be.

Also, I'm Lizzie. :D

Anyone else think of Bree Van De Camp while reading this? And how could she not mention Joey Tribbiani wearing blue lipstick?

Who knew neutral tones were of the devil? :twisted: Guess I am going straight to hell then. I have in my possession all three of the Urban Decay Naked palettes, plus a whole slew of other neutral palettes. Lord, please forgive me. :pray:

First of all, if I wore pastel makeup, I'd look like a friggin' clown.

Second, who/what do I have to do to change my username to Elegant Lady(could she use that phrase any more?)?

Oh, and just because the blogger made this pop into my head:

"ELEGANZA EXTRAVAGANZAAAAA!!!!!"--Rupaul

This is so condescending:

bewiseandliveayounggirlsguidetograce.blogspot.com/2013/01/hi-ladies-for-last-few-posts-weve-been.html

I'm surprised that wasn't all about pencil skirts leading to teh sex because they're tight. I'm so confused by fundies. Are we supposed to show of our shape or hide it because it's defrauding? Is it masculine to wear natural make-up or unflattering to wear colors that don't go naturally with your skin tone?

This woman must not have a home or family of her own, if she thinks it is achievable that the Elegant Lady has a completely immaculate house and person at all times and is always prepared for every possible contingency. It's like the Proverbs 31 woman times infinity.

Also this, re: exercise:

An Elegant lady is beautiful. She tends to her hair and skin, she watches her diet and exercises portion control, she takes moderate exercise and doesn't overdo it. She would never take up men's sports such as kick boxing or other unfitting things such as belly dancing or yoga. She will do feminine lady like exercises so that if her family walked in she wouldn't have to feel ashamed.

Um. I'm a long-distance runner, and I run outside, and I don't feel remotely ashamed when people see me. Am I Elegant or not? Probably not, because MEN run and I get sweaty. Oh noes. Going to hell. And let's not even mention the lack of pastel makeup and curled hair. And yet no one has mistaken me for a man yet. I'm so confused.

Ugh, pink is not my color on the rare occasions I bother with makeup. I think my long hair is the only thing this lady would approve of. Is kayaking a "manly" sport? :lol: I'm going to go ahead and assume it is. I'm very outdoorsy, so I always have a nice tan in the summer, on top of being nearly olive in complexion anyway, so that's out. I wear jeans or cotton pants daily, often with a t-shirt and you couldn't pay me to change that. I do take care of my skin, but I'll be damned if I'm sitting under a parasol while the mens have all the fun. I'll take my chance with the wrinkles and tan, thankyouverymuch.

I never really got into wearing makeup. Mainly because brown skin + olive undertones = nightmare finding a good foundation. I've never been told I look like a man but I have had plenty of mean compliment how I look without makeup on. Maybe she gets mistaken for a man with jeans and without pink lipstick but she needs to quit projecting her own problems onto everybody else.

I'm in trouble, apparently. I like clothes that I imagine a quirky old-school British professor or secretary would wear (with feminine shapes, but of the tweed/oxford/sweater-vest/cardigan/mixed-textures variety).

Menswear-for-women? Oh my goodness gracious, so frightening. :o

Okay, I actually went to have a look see. I was laughing out loud. It was totally worth the lulz! Also, what is the big deal with short hair? What is wrong with having a style that suits your face? I look so much better with short hair. Anything longer than chin length weighs my face down. I feel cute and quite sexy with short hair. And funny...my family doesn't think I'm a man.

I, too am so looking forward to the ditch your jeans post!!! I love how it's totes cool to wear them in certain situations though. :lol:

I have gotten so many compliments from both men and women since I cut my hair really short. I look younger and people can see when I wear earrings now. LOL Thus far, no one has mistaken me for a man.

Heh, I never learned how to wear makeup. Never really cared to either, and none of the women in my family wear it anyway.

I actually hate jeans. To me they arent comfortable. I actually was told, growing up, that I should wear jeans more often. By my parents, even.

I never needed instructions on how to get rid of my jeans... You just replace then with something you like better.

Pink makeup? Omg I have NO IDEA but I bet I'd look something like magenta from blues clues.

I like the part in which an Elegant Lady always does her dishes by hand. I was just thinking the other night how glad I am my dishwasher broke because it's so inelegant! :roll:

Jesu Christo that's just reaching the kind of fevered-pitch crescendo of absurdity that I dream about when imagining what fundies can come up with.

I like the part in which an Elegant Lady always does her dishes by hand. I was just thinking the other night how glad I am my dishwasher broke because it's so inelegant! :roll:

But... but... doesn't that mean you risk dry/cracked hands?

(Full disclosure: My dish soap has Olay lotion soap in it. Thought it would probably smell good so I bought it. But I usually use the dishwasher.)

Well i'd better stop bleaching my hair, wearing fake tan, going to the gym & wearing bronzer.

I like that nearly all of the photos of women on her blog have a model with highlights in their hair. :lol:

This woman must not have a home or family of her own, if she thinks it is achievable that the Elegant Lady has a completely immaculate house and person at all times and is always prepared for every possible contingency. It's like the Proverbs 31 woman times infinity.

Also this, re: exercise:

Um. I'm a long-distance runner, and I run outside, and I don't feel remotely ashamed when people see me. Am I Elegant or not? Probably not, because MEN run and I get sweaty. Oh noes. Going to hell. And let's not even mention the lack of pastel makeup and curled hair. And yet no one has mistaken me for a man yet. I'm so confused.

I love my yoga and am not the least ashamed that I am 42 and can put both legs behind my head easily.

But... but... doesn't that mean you risk dry/cracked hands?

(Full disclosure: My dish soap has Olay lotion soap in it. Thought it would probably smell good so I bought it. But I usually use the dishwasher.)

Of course not, you blasphemer! An Elegant lady obviously wears those frilly 50's style dish washing gloves.

Like these (not breaking link cause it's amazon):http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&field-keywords=retro%20dish%20gloves&index=blended&link_code=qs&sourceid=Mozilla-search&tag=mozilla-20

Only she makes them herself out of lace she tattted and hand poured liquid latex while she memorizes Bible verses. :mrgreen:

I love my yoga and am not the least ashamed that I am 42 and can put both legs behind my head easily.

See, I would think that skill would please your headship. :whistle:

An elegant lady always steals pictures from other websites. Post them on their own blog without permission or citation.

So funny. I'm guess she is a teenager? Her first mistake was thinking the man was applying "womans makeup". Makeup is makeup and actors have known this forever. Her whole theory then get's blown out of the water doesnt' it?

I love this: "You may think you have the worst skin in the whole world, but all skin can be improved by sincere prayer to God, and with disciplined, consistent, daily attention, and also by putting a stop to things that abuse it - specifically going to tanning beds, excessive exercising, sugar addiction, smoking etc."

Who knew?

So funny. I'm guess she is a teenager? Her first mistake was thinking the man was applying "womans makeup". Makeup is makeup and actors have known this forever. Her whole theory then get's blown out of the water doesnt' it?

Yeah, even the most manly male actors in the 'good old days' would have all been wearing makeup as matte skin looks the best in B&W.

Archived