IGNORED

The Return of Sparkling Adventures - Merge

Don't hold your breath for excitement yet, but I can barely contain my joy at her return. Kinda sad.

EDIT: I spoke to soon, first post already up! Cali and Brioni have formed "a special friendship" where they go exploring together? Is that not something siblings to (when they're not fighting)? *confused*

Love that she has rainbow friends with solid bases now. great for the girls.

No, No, No. Schooled children are never special friends with their siblings because they're so socially stunted they can't relate to any child outside of six* months older or younger than them.

* I know, that's what makes it super amusing.

Born two years apart to the day, Aisha and Satria share similar interests in technology, travel and self-determination.

Translation: A and S are ipad addicted brats.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably because they get more interaction and teaching (say about physics) from cut the rope than their mum

I see Lauren left all the hairbrushes and combs in Bali. The girls are all cultivating lovely rats nests.

I so want to bring those girls home with me and give them a nice, long soak in the bath. They just never look clean or well kept. :(

what on earth does it mean for a 6 and an 8 year old to have an 'interest in self - determination'? i mean - every child has an interest in you can't tell me what to do, but as a discrete phenomena? gah!

I see Lauren left all the hairbrushes and combs in Bali. The girls are all cultivating lovely rats nests.

the brushes were probably grandma's. once she went back, it was back to negle - I mean self-determination.

I think it's hilarious that she expects us to believe that Aisha wants her to blog so that she can remember this time in her life, not just when they were a bigger family. WTF?

Yeah, so not buying the Aisha thing, but who cares I am glad she is back. And those poor kids hair :(

She IS back. And it looks like Brioni's hair is going to be styled like her mama's soon...

(edited because I can't tell her kids' matted hair apart)

I came here to see if there was discussion on her return! YES! Of course, she returned because one of the children begged her so her memories wouldn't be skewed (yes, I'm sure a child came up with that explanation). If it really was for that reason, start blogging again and set it to private for the children/family. I think it has more to do with needing it as a way to see out places to park and seek donations. We shall see.

The younger girl in the nutcracking picture is Delaney, right? Is she going by Lana now? Must she change all her children's names?

The younger girl in the nutcracking picture is Delaney, right? Is she going by Lana now? Must she change all her children's names?

i was wondering the same thing! She did call her Laney in the past, but not Lana. I was confused for a moment too.

I think it's hilarious that she expects us to believe that Aisha wants her to blog so that she can remember this time in her life, not just when they were a bigger family. WTF?

I think A, being old enough to really remember her father and brother, and at a somewhat melancholy stage of development, is really mourning. Poor sweet child.

Sorry, I don't buy that a young girl would implore her mother to return to an activity that necessitated even more time neglecting her and her siblings.

I just went and read Satria's mother's blog - she left a comment on Lauren's post how glad she is they are now part of her journey.

Alice seems pretty new to all this (both unschooling and blogging) and blue-eyed about it. I'm not quite sure how she makes money yet (apart from her single parent pension) and she seems to have some grasp of what her son actually wants and feels. Still, I was shocked at this "perk" of meeting Lauren:

I also had the opportunity to look after Lauren’s children, and it made me realise how far I have come with my parenting since becoming an unschooling parent 10 months ago, and spending time with Lauren and her girls.

And the extra bonus… when I met a beautiful French man at the Bungalows, I was able to go up to Seminyak for 2 days without Satria to spend with him after he returned from his week long surf trip. Satria was happy to stay with Lauren and her girls, and I left him feeling confident that he was safe & happy, and would be taken very good care of. That allowed me to completely relax & enjoy the very beautiful but intense 2 days with my love.

That is a whole other post which I will write next… it’s pretty juicy and full of love, heartache, beauty, and wonderful dreams.

So she left her son with Lauren for TWO WHOLE DAYS so she could go off to have a wild romp with a beautiful French man? WTF?

her blog is wayofthepeacefulparent.com/

Sorry, I don't buy that a young girl would implore her mother to return to an activity that necessitated even more time neglecting her and her siblings.

Maybe Aisha is smarter than we give her credit for. Perhaps she was really tired of Lauren's "supervision" and "teaching" and found a great way to get mom out of her hair again. "Please, Mum, could you blog about our sparkling adventures? Pretty please?" :lol:

Maybe Aisha is smarter than we give her credit for. Perhaps she was really tired of Lauren's "supervision" and "teaching" and found a great way to get mom out of her hair again. "Please, Mum, could you blog about our sparkling adventures? Pretty please?" :lol:

My thoughts exactly. Lauren's tone is so condescending on her blog. I cannot imagine having to put up with that from your mother 24/7 (since you don't go to school or have any friends' houses to escape to).

Could be that the computer is Lauren's method of communication with Grandma/David, and Aisha would rather have her mother distracted by family than "intimate exchanges" with random women. Or maybe she saw the trip to Bali as a holiday, and is concerned that her mother isn't returning to "normal." Which birthday interview describes Lauren as always on the computer? Isn't it one of Aisha's?

Which birthday interview describes Lauren as always on the computer? Isn't it one of Aisha's?

It's all of them. :D

back with a VENGEANCE! she seems to want to make up for those months!

and she's explained that Delaney has decided she wants to be called Lana now. Clearly the frequent name changing is rubbing off, although that is a thing little kids do, of course. My goddaughter insisted she was called Tiger for a while.

I assume she's in Perth for David's upcoming trial. Good to see family taking care of the kids.

I know toddlers have whims like changing their name, but can't she just leave it at a whim? If Del/Lana can't even remember her new name it's probably better to treat it as a phase than to encourage changing it and take even more stability away from the kids.

It's all of them. :D

That explains my confusion! :lol: Reading back, I think the specific one I was thinking was Calista's latest, and it's been edited.

Wait so she's not roaming around because she doesn't have/lost a house?? Whut? the mind can't equate.

And one of the reasons she cited for abandoning the house in favour of the bus is because....wait for it.....she hates housework. I agree endless chores are tedious but would most people upend their whole family to avoid cleaning?

I just went and read Satria's mother's blog - she left a comment on Lauren's post how glad she is they are now part of her journey.

Alice seems pretty new to all this (both unschooling and blogging) and blue-eyed about it. I'm not quite sure how she makes money yet (apart from her single parent pension) and she seems to have some grasp of what her son actually wants and feels. Still, I was shocked at this "perk" of meeting Lauren:

So she left her son with Lauren for TWO WHOLE DAYS so she could go off to have a wild romp with a beautiful French man? WTF?

her blog is wayofthepeacefulparent.com/

These people must live in an entirely different world than I do because I can't imagine leaving my child with a person I just met, especially one who acts like Lauren, to go off and have a wild weekend with a guy I just met. I would not leave my dogs with Lauren for five minutes, no way I would leave a child with her. It is just amazing nothing horrible has happened to her other kids.

Archived