IGNORED

The Return of Sparkling Adventures - Merge

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's Autumn and it's starting to get cold now, in Victoria anyway. Right now it's 18 degrees in Melbourne, so warmth is going to be essential for those little girls in the coming months if they stay around these parts.

They wouldn't want to be sleeping on that bus without good sleeping bags anytime after Easter. Esp if she decides to visit central Victoria.

Time... and Facebook... and Instagram. :lol:

Ha! yes! I don't think she will be able to go to Confest & not blog about it afterwards. Because that seems to be why she goes to that sort of thing.

Guest Anonymous

I'm inclined to think that she will 'leak' news and stories from every available electronic outlet. The other, more sinister possibility is that, without an outlet for her emotions, and without the buffering effect of public support, she may well be about to crash and burn. I hope the kiddies are kept safe, somehow.

As if the girls haven't had enough to deal with, Lauren is now changing direction from being the "always on the computer" mum to god only knows what she will take up next to fill in the gaps. Stability is not a feature of these girls existence at all, is it.

I severely hope this isn't for a new "love". Because if she'll give up a "record of her daughters lives" for a love interest, what else would she. give up??

As if the girls haven't had enough to deal with, Lauren is now changing direction from being the "always on the computer" mum to god only knows what she will take up next to fill in the gaps. Stability is not a feature of these girls existence at all, is it.

She mentions crochet... it probably won't be too much of a transition from "always on the computer" Mum to "always crocheting" Mum. In the last interview, I forget which kid, the answer to "what does Lauren do all day?" Was already "crochets". I seriously doubt she will transition to attentive Mum anytime soon. Sigh.

As for the Northcote festival thing someone mentioned earlier, oh, I want to go so badly but am working that day :( if I have any energy left I will try to get over there and report back.

I was out for lunch in Fitzroy yesterday & freaked out a bit when I realised there was a danger I could bump into Lauren. I don't think I could stop myself from stopping her, pretending i'm a fan & getting photos with her to post here.

Oh please Miffy please!

I'm on mat leave at the moment and so tempted to trawl Fitzroy and the People's Republic of Moreland for a sighting.

They wouldn't want to be sleeping on that bus without good sleeping bags anytime after Easter. Esp if she decides to visit central Victoria.

That's not fair. If we're still below freezing daily, you should be wearng shorts, kapeesh?

It's her first time in a real bus with windows. Before they always had an insulated box truck. I predict the adventures in new places will be halted and she'll be back to familiar Queensland, or she'll buy a tent so they can stay warm (tents are warmer than vehicles).

Actually, that's hope more than predict. I don't want to think about those shoeless children around a campfire.

That's not fair. If we're still below freezing daily, you should be wearng shorts, kapeesh?

It's her first time in a real bus with windows. Before they always had an insulated box truck. I predict the adventures in new places will be halted and she'll be back to familiar Queensland, or she'll buy a tent so they can stay warm (tents are warmer than vehicles).

Actually, that's hope more than predict. I don't want to think about those shoeless children around a campfire.

Its actually a relief. We've had a very hot summer with horrible hot nights & even hotter days. It can still get up to 30C in the afternoon until about mid April, just the nights & mornings can be frosty & cold.

A tipi maybe? A tent would be so inauthentic!!!

Authentic Australian tepees?

What sort of shelter did Aborigines use?

Not tepees that's for sure!

Aborigines used sticks and bark shelters mainly, also caves.

I remember my Dad telling me he ran away from home as a kid, and went and lived in a cave with some local Aboriginal kids for a couple of weeks, somewhere around Sydney Harbour. They lived on fish and rock oysters. That would've been almost 80 years ago.

He got a whipping when he was found and dragged home. :shock:

Its actually a relief. We've had a very hot summer with horrible hot nights & even hotter days. It can still get up to 30C in the afternoon until about mid April, just the nights & mornings can be frosty & cold.

A tipi maybe? A tent would be so inauthentic!!!

Tsk tsk tsk. You forget, oh undreaded child. ..

Although, imagine if Lauren went online to research tents and flipped into a mega-outdoorsy technical gear using climber/hiker. It's got the strict diet (she'd probably go paleo), physical discomfort, it's own jargon (Luckily I had my gore-tex windstopper because after I summited that 5.14 I was straight into my bivvy bag!), lots of expensive stuff to buy so you fit in (see goretex bivvy bag), judgement of weaker people (literally weaker). She's already got a hair style that would work, although a pixie cut with a hand knit beanie would be more authentic. The only flaw is that she's already out of a suburban house. You could argue that only lightweights camp at drive-in campsites, though.

All of the leghumpers go on about how proud they are of her for this decision and how great it is she will be spending more time with the kids. However...she doesn't even mention them or that as a reason in her blog entry! Just "other endeavors," which I bet you does not mean those four beautiful girls.

It would be fabulous if it did, but I think the criticism is getting to her.

You could argue that only lightweights camp at drive-in campsites, though.

Sadly, and I'm not even hardcore, and can't do the backpacking or canoe camping that I used to when I was younger, I have always felt this way, and I know it's a crazy predjudice.

But it is going to be interesting to see what her next incarnation is, and I hope it can be gotten through with minimal harm to the girls. (no harm would be best, but as to what we've already seen, I don't have hope there.)

Campsites that you have to walk or four wheel drive to are much better IMO. Especially when you are in the outback, all the stars, the quietness... so nice!

Guest Anonymous

So, is it possible she could have hooked up with Hellatrix already? ;)

From her open FB page:

H... P... Everyone's gonna miss you beautiful woman, but I hope the rare and sweet lands that you privately travel now, are all the richer for them being experienced completely..

Do you think something happened during that trip to see David? Either with him or with the authorities, maybe in relation to information she shared on the blog? I thought that one of her reasons for documenting was so that David could keep up to date with the family. I know the blog began well before he was arrested and has served many other purposes, but abruptly stopping (if she really does) cuts that link. It also blinds the authorities to their itinerary and the girls' daily lives.

I feel it's probably on legal advice. I guess it's the timing that has made me think that.

Alternatively, if it's a new relationship she may not want that to play out publicly or else the new partner doesn't love the blogging.

Wow. Facebook pic... Nice fishing for compliments via pic ostensibly about pretuned up dreads. Yeah righht. It was such a young person's thing to do, not a mother of 5 (4). It was reminiscent of an emo/ scene selfie.

Campsites that you have to walk or four wheel drive to are much better IMO. Especially when you are in the outback, all the stars, the quietness... so nice!

I would have agreed, before I went to British Columbia. Their state park drive-in camp sites are better than... well, better than lots of other places.

Exactly.

I would have agreed, before I went to British Columbia. Their state park drive-in camp sites are better than... well, better than lots of other places.

I've been there, and they are nice, but still not as nice as being truly in the middle of nowhere. I'm very much a Sierra Nevada person, but the Rockies and Canadian Rockies also have very special memories for me.

Archived