IGNORED

The Return of Sparkling Adventures - Merge

This. After I glass of wine last night I was tempted to write similar words on her FB page (I resisted and poured another glass, as I knew I'd only be deleted and blocked).

I wonder if this will damage the number of invitations Lauren gets to park up the Grifted Gypsy and join in her "new friend's" lives? Of course, it may well score her some new, interesting friends, but I can't see too many of the nice Christian Mommy bloggers being willing to allow Lauren the same freedom to ride into their marriages, the way they allow her children to roam over their children's toys.

Nor a lot of the alternative set. They may have no problem with free love in theory, but most would in practice if it was practiced on their significant others.

Lets hope Lauren decides to explore her sexuality with another woman, preferably one with a strong maternal instinct. That way she won't get pregnant, her "authentic, alternative living" identity can be strengthened, and the kids may get some mothering.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like Pioneer Woman?

Gosh, yes. Although her writing changed so much when she became a proper "brand" it's almost ridiculous. And the retconned post about how she happily calls her disabled brother a retard... -.-

Of course. Of course of course of course. How did we not predict this? Monogamy is so conformist!

Lilith, I think you're right, a girlfriend is on the way. Lauren will never be able to be poly, she'd be enraged by jealousy.

What else have we missed? Did she EC Elijah? Has she been raw yet? Paleo? Fruitarian?

I wonder how

I'm pondering the hierarchies of relationships, and the way I say "I love you" to those at a certain level. I aspire to broaden that scope.
plays into her interest in polyamory. I've been in a poly relationship and no, Lauren will not be able to handle it. You cannot have an ego the size of hers in a poly relationship. Then again, I don't think she'd even find a poly constellation to take her on. I don't think it takes overly long to figure her out in person...

Guest Anonymous

I don't think this is something she has consciously thought out at all. I'm guessing it has something to do with her recent visit to David, who himself wanted to have an open relationship, shortly before he was arrested over Elijah's death.

I wonder how plays into her interest in polyamory. I've been in a poly relationship and no, Lauren will not be able to handle it. You cannot have an ego the size of hers in a poly relationship. Then again, I don't think she'd even find a poly constellation to take her on. I don't think it takes overly long to figure her out in person...

QFT. I still have my copy of The Ethical Slut on my shelf from my poly days. I don't think Lauren has anywhere near the level of maturity it takes to have a sane, stable poly relationship.

QFT. I still have my copy of The Ethical Slut on my shelf from my poly days. I don't think Lauren has anywhere near the level of maturity it takes to have a sane, stable poly relationship.

Is the book any good? I just kinda fell into a poly relationship and managed for two years, but eventually realised I was never going to get what I really want from it. I don't think Lauren has thought about this at all.

Does Lauren ever think out any of her decisions? This book even says adventures on the cover. Obviously she has no choice but to add this new lifestyle to her collection.

It seems like everything she does, she adapts on a whim without thinking it through, and even worse she carries it out half assed with no thought, because she really doesn't understand it. I can only imagine what a polyamorous Lauren will manifest as.

My only hope is she'll find someone who will actually give the girls some love and attention. Although that would only make it harder on them when the inevitable blowup happens :/

I don't think this is something she has consciously thought out at all. I'm guessing it has something to do with her recent visit to David, who himself wanted to have an open relationship, shortly before he was arrested over Elijah's death.

No, it's Lauren. She's doing it because all the cool kids are it's non-conformist.

Is the book any good? I just kinda fell into a poly relationship and managed for two years, but eventually realised I was never going to get what I really want from it. I don't think Lauren has thought about this at all.

It's okay. I think the best book out there about poly and open relationships is Tristan Taormino's Opening Up.

Agree that I think Lauren would be horrifically bad at polyamory. But on the other hand, if she wants to have a relationship, it's going to be polyamorous of necessity, because she's married to David.

My fear is that she would hook up with some dude and have another baby.

OT but I clicked on the SouleMama link, and OMG - it really does suck you in! I'm only on page 2 and already I want her life, and I don't even want kids! :lol: I keep having to tell myself it's not real...

Lauren's latest Instagram. She'll be in a relationship and probably pregnant again within 6 months.

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362889165.820785.jpg[/attachment]

NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FUCK.

Lol, I just checked the responses out. Very funny. I love that Lauren's potential sex life is what they will leave over, not the child neglect, the self righteousness, the crazy etc etc.

I couldn't give a damn who Lauren sleeps with, I just find it very typical Lauren behaviour to feel the need to find a source that will tell her how to do it, give her a blueprint to follow, and show her how to justify it as the ethical, enlightened choice.

that.

With Lauren, I'm reminded of a book by Anne Tyler, Morgan's Passing, where a man imitates various people he meets and is taken by - including dressing like them. It's out of a sad, inner sense of loneliness and a desire to connect with folks other than your ordinary life. He plays out his existential angst in this way.

But instead, this is real life and Lauren gets books to imitate. This is the latest shocking - oh, excuse me - sparkling thing to try. I hope she doesn't, because, as many have already said, she's not cut out for it - especially as she's still grieving Elijah and coming to terms with David (I evidently didn't read over there early enough and never learned the details surrounding the baby's death before she scrubbed - but I've got the gist. What I'm still not clear on is whether it was an attempted murder/suicide and only the murder succeeded or murder only). But the other reason is those poor girls! What-all they've been through in the last couple years, especially the last several months - losing their dad and being carted around, then having to adjust not only to a new "dad" or "uncle" relationship but to a poly one???

Or to a new "two mummies" relationship.

It would be deliciously ironic if she were to be in a relationship with a woman after her initial reaction to her father's coming out.

Guest Anonymous
I evidently didn't read over there early enough and never learned the details surrounding the baby's death before she scrubbed - but I've got the gist. What I'm still not clear on is whether it was an attempted murder/suicide and only the murder succeeded or murder only

We don't know this either. The parts she scrubbed and re-wrote were an assortment of everyday posts and her reactions to events leading up to, and around, Elijah's death.

The police have the original laptop with the unscrubbed entries though.

It's often hard to know exactly when and what she scrubs cause she doesn't mention it, you just reread an entry and know it used to be different but often can't quite remember what is different.

I'd sing for joy if she got a female lover who was kind and motherly.

The police have the original laptop with the unscrubbed entries though.

It's often hard to know exactly when and what she scrubs cause she doesn't mention it, you just reread an entry and know it used to be different but often can't quite remember what is different.

I've been through the archives on the wayback machine and only found one discrepancy, the photo she posted without permission was removed.

Guest Anonymous

Watch out _lilith.... according to her latest FB discussion, your name could be in the hat.... :lol:

Watch out _lilith.... according to her latest FB discussion, your name could be in the hat.... :lol:

Don't scare me like that. I'm far too mainstream.

Gosh, yes. Although her writing changed so much when she became a proper "brand" it's almost ridiculous. And the retconned post about how she happily calls her disabled brother a retard... -.-

Man, what a piece of work.

That would be so much better (assuming the girlfriend was kind to the children) because lower risk of pregnancy than if she took up with a guy. I really worry about her having more children.

That would be so much better (assuming the girlfriend was kind to the children) because lower risk of pregnancy than if she took up with a guy. I really worry about her having more children.

:lol:

But I do agree with what you are saying, but unless it's a transsexual there is no risk of pregnancy there.

I recently made an archive of her entire site, so if she changes stuff again I have a record. I think I might need to get a life.

Archived