IGNORED

Littlest Pecan Thief: Priscilla & David Waller's Baby

happy atheist

I wonder if they brought any treats or sweets for Priscilla. I remember when my buddy from college had her first baby. Soon as the baby was cleaned up and they were back in the room resting, she sent the husband out for cake and pasta. I always thought comfort food would make just having popped a watermelon out a keyhole better.

At the hospital back home, where I was born, they used to bring both parents steak, baked potatoes, mac and cheese, and chocolate cake after a birth. Granted it was hospital cafeteria steak, but still.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if they brought any treats or sweets for Priscilla. I remember when my buddy from college had her first baby. Soon as the baby was cleaned up and they were back in the room resting, she sent the husband out for cake and pasta. I always thought comfort food would make just having popped a watermelon out a keyhole better.

At the hospital back home, where I was born, they used to bring both parents steak, baked potatoes, mac and cheese, and chocolate cake after a birth. Granted it was hospital cafeteria steak, but still.

If it was a homebirth, I'm sure there were people preparing food for her there (although I remember not wanting to smell food smells while I was in labor). It's part of the whole homebirth experience, I think, that the support "staff" (as David calls it) helps with cleanup and making sure the new mama gets fed, etc. It's a very nurturing experience, and I think that's part of what a doula does - focuses on the mama.

I had hospital births, but my first one was a week before my due date so was quite a surprise. One of the nurses brought me potato soup from the cafeteria after the birth at 2pm and cafeteria food or not, it was the BEST soup I've ever had (let me tell you, roadkill would have tasted good after all that birthin'!). A friend brought an ice cream cake and champagne a couple of hours later, and that went down really good, too! Ahhhh, the memories.

As soon as I saw this pic I gasped as she is holding peanut butter which in Australia is a huge no no. The very bulk of all our schools, Kindy's Day Care, Dance classes, Swim classes are all nut free as kids over here are heavily advised not to be exposed to peanuts until at least the age of 8. This is a heavily debated issuse over here is there anything like that in USA?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Don't talk about... IT! *dives for cover*

ETA: Well, it looks like browngrl and I had almost the same reaction. At least that means we're all erring on the side of caution.

As for popping a watermelon out of a keyhole; LPT was pretty huge! I'm sure the "darling little wife" (as David called her) was exhausted and sore. Not like DQ, where the babies just slide on in then slide on out. From all that birthing and trying for more with Jim Boob, she must be pretty loose. I doubt Pris got any more action in that area once she got preggers. Are they allowed to have have sex for fun (like Gay-vid would even find THAT fun!), or must it always be about procreation? Does anyone know?

They posted pics of the dinner party they had after the birth, so I'm sure she got food. I didn't see what they were eating, though. I just hope Pris didn't have to clean up after the party.

First or third person, David? Pick one and stick to it!

I know some of you seem concerned that Prissy is up and at 'em so soon after birth, but i think back to the times after I had my babies and, while I was exhausted and sore, I was also restless and anxious to get out of the house and be around other people. Maybe Prissy is similar.

Priscilla's soft voice and sweet nature will probably be very enchanting to TLPT...for the first few years, anyway. I sincerely feel sorry for Pris, being the 'helpmeet' to a man who seems to be, well, lets just say if there is a prayer closet in their house, he hasn't come out of it, yet. And I am not trying to imply that he is off praying in a literal closet. Not that our little Pris is the brightest bulb in the fixture, but being married to someone who would probably rather be elsewhere is hard for anyone.

I love the pun. I'm feasting on it. :clap:

Sauntana is a cute baby.

I cannot get used to the name and I don't want to. Any Nathanileanna sounds better. I keep thinking Souterraine, Sundae, Supatra, Sudan etc everytime I see her name. It sounds like a brand name for a bathroom cleansing foam.

I cannot get used to the name and I don't want to. Any Nathanileanna sounds better. I keep thinking Souterraine, Sundae, Supatra, Sudan etc everytime I see her name. It sounds like a brand name for a bathroom cleansing foam.

It seems like 'Santana', but with a southern accent!

The latest post on robertloveskendalyn.com is a "welcome baby Waller"-type post with some pictures from a post-birth baby shower.

Paul is referred to as the newest addition to the staff, which I find creepy.

David Waller is very deep in the prayer closet and the other closet, too. He is so far in the closet , he went past the Xmas gifts and is in Narnia with Aslan.

Well maybe Davey is going to come out of the closet, as after the success of the Baby Shower according to a reply he has left on his blog, if the Lord directs, he will try out a Golden Shower... let's hope Robert is into water sports too.

...if the Lord directs, he will try out a Golden Shower... let's hope Robert is into water sports too.

Oh yes he is, as can be seen from his wet hair and shirt (this was taken after "tubing adventure"):

DSC_1498.JPG

Could it be a threesome? That's Erin B's Chad in the picture between Davy and Got Hard.

Oh yes he is, as can be seen from his wet hair and shirt (this was taken after "tubing adventure"):

DSC_1498.JPG

Could it be a threesome? That's Erin B's Chad in the picture between Davy and Got Hard.

Probably been said before, but I'm plenty creeped out by Robert's head tilt toward Got Hard. Robert is tilting like a girl on a fundie date.

DSC_1498.JPG

Why are they wearing dress pants? Is that how a prayer-closeted pecan gleaner dresses for a wet manly romp?

:ymca:

Why are they wearing dress pants? Is that how a prayer-closeted pecan gleaner dresses for a wet manly romp?

:ymca:

:lol: you guys are crazy! I really needed that! :lol:

Did anyone else notice that in the baby shower blog post David refers to Pecan Paul as his mother's "therd" grandchild? Is it the typo of an exhausted new parent or a SOTDRT fail?

SOTDRT fail, I call!

I keep reading it as "Santana"... picturing her with a tiny guitar and all.

Oh god. Is romping with Aslan what you do when you're uninclined to hike the Appalachian trail?

As soon as I saw this pic I gasped as she is holding peanut butter which in Australia is a huge no no. The very bulk of all our schools, Kindy's Day Care, Dance classes, Swim classes are all nut free as kids over here are heavily advised not to be exposed to peanuts until at least the age of 8. This is a heavily debated issuse over here is there anything like that in USA?

I have never heard of this. Age 8?! When they're still wrapped in the packet? My doctor told us to wait until our children were 3, and that was being over cautious because my sister in law is anaphylactic.

Also, Reeses cups are available at Woolworths for $5 for a pack of 8.

She appears to be wearing amber "teething beads." I'm impressed they would use something so "vogue." I wonder how old they think the amber is!

David sure does have a thing for King Size candy. First the snickers in Australia, now peanut butter cups here.

Maybe David has an insane sweet tooth and is well known for it at headquarters? That seems like the type of in-office joke or teasing that the other Gothardites would be well aware of, but no one would think to outright explain it on a blog for us heathens.

The latest post on robertloveskendalyn.com is a "welcome baby Waller"-type post with some pictures from a post-birth baby shower.

/Public Service Announcement :)

OMG. Her parents (Kendalyn's). I think I've met them. An old BF's brother died in December. We were at his funeral (all very fundie types) and I'm pretty positive that her parents were there too - they know the old BF's family - fairly sure they attended the same church we all went to back in the day, when I was still going to church/a believer.

And obviously I know many of the places in their pictures of their trips to Canada. I haven't seen a location given yet, but her parents must not live too far from me. Within a couple of hours, I would guess. Going to keep digging.

Well maybe Davey is going to come out of the closet, as after the success of the Baby Shower according to a reply he has left on his blog, if the Lord directs, he will try out a Golden Shower... let's hope Robert is into water sports too.

Wow, that was a brief moment of hilarity. Someone left a comment that sometimes she and her husband like to give gifts to the unsaved and they call these "golden showers." David said he would try this "if The Lord directs." Another commenter responded something along the lines of, "My husband also likes the idea of golden showers. Make sure you buy lots of juice and soda; they make thirsty work!"

The exchange was up for an hour at most before David wised up. I'd like to see how he found out and what his reaction was! ;)

Edited for riffles

Archived