IGNORED

Littlest Pecan Thief: Priscilla & David Waller's Baby

happy atheist

Wow, that was a brief moment of hilarity. Someone left a comment that sometimes she and her husband like to give gifts to the unsaved and they call these "golden showers." David said he would try this "if The Lord directs." Another commenter responded something along the lines of, "My husband also likes the idea of golden showers. Make sure you buy lots of juice and soda; they make thirsty work!"

The exchange was up for an hour at most before David wised up. I'd like to see how he found out and what his reaction was! ;)

Edited for riffles

Yes it was Stevie Maxwell who, has taken a liking to leaving blessed comments on Davey's blog. :lol:

So I wonder who told Davey the true meaning, of the term? Robert, his Sugar Daddy GotHard? Or is he reading here? Hi Davey :hand:

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I did some digging on Kendalyn's side. Yep, went to church with that family back in the day (like 25+ years ago) and they were at the funeral we were at in December. What clinched it for me was looking on FB to see if her mom had a FB account and they have a shared account (her mom and dad) and we have a mutual (old) friend. I thought they looked familiar, although I can't remember the kids terribly well.

I'm a little surprised at how super-fundie that family seems to have gone. The skirts, the courting thing, and so on. They did not used to be that way. Fundie/conservative, sure, but nothing like this.

And I was correct - they live just under 2 hours from me. Looking at the dates on some of their pictures, when they were in Banff/Lake Louise (the ice castle pictures), I'm pretty sure we were there at the same time. Weird.

Why are they wearing dress pants? Is that how a prayer-closeted pecan gleaner dresses for a wet manly romp?

My theory is that Got Hard (*snerk*) is one of those Older Generation folks who think that jeans are something only hippies would wear, and that sweats and athletic wear are too "worldly." There are lots of 70+-year-old people who seem to be stuck in 1940s-era fashion conventions, with rigid rules on what "dressing nice" looks like.

And about the belt? Same thing, I reckon. There are people who go ballistic if shirts are not tucked in--it's even written into a few (mostly Southern, IIRC) school dress codes, and applied to both sexes. I once read in a household hints column that a mother went to far as to sew lace around the hems of her son's shirts to force him to keep them tucked in. :evil-eye:

My theory is that Got Hard (*snerk*) is one of those Older Generation folks who think that jeans are something only hippies would wear, and that sweats and athletic wear are too "worldly." There are lots of 70+-year-old people who seem to be stuck in 1940s-era fashion conventions, with rigid rules on what "dressing nice" looks like.

And about the belt? Same thing, I reckon. There are people who go ballistic if shirts are not tucked in--it's even written into a few (mostly Southern, IIRC) school dress codes, and applied to both sexes. I once read in a household hints column that a mother went to far as to sew lace around the hems of her son's shirts to force him to keep them tucked in. :evil-eye:

My boys' middle school (public, in the South) includes this in the dress code. They're not allowed to wear sweats or athletic-type shorts, other than for P. E., and they must wear a belt and shirts must be tucked in at all times. The kids hate it. I laugh at them. They'll live through this horrendous persecution.

:lol:

Heh, Joan, that shizz would never fly here in the Godless North.

Holy crap, Joan -- that would never fly here in the Pacific Northwest either. I could never ever live in the South.

Well see, that is why the South turns out fine young pecan gleaners and Smuggars men like David Waller and Josh Duggar while you godless libruls up North go around hatin' Jeezus and the Ewe-nited States!

:flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa:

My boys' middle school (public, in the South) includes this in the dress code. They're not allowed to wear sweats or athletic-type shorts, other than for P. E., and they must wear a belt and shirts must be tucked in at all times. The kids hate it. I laugh at them. They'll live through this horrendous persecution.

:lol:

I did most of my schooling a stone's throw away from Bob Jones and the dress codes were insaaaane. There was the tucked in shirt thing, plus no piercings, shorts/skirts had to reach your fingertips, no sandals, no tank tops, no cleavage, no hats/bandanas, no "extreme hairstyles"... I lived for the uniform days in JROTC because I didn't have to worry about the dress code (and I wore the skirt instead of the trousers so the uniform was surprisingly comfortable. Win win.)

ETA I just looked up the dress code these days and it also prohibits shirts with logos (other than a small maker logo on the chest pocket) and... jackets. WTF?

Heh, Joan, that shizz would never fly here in the Godless North.

LOL! I have had some pretty awesome debates with my stepdaughter about wearing leggings to school (for the most part she adheres to the dress code, but sometimes there are some moments when even her Dad is like "Please change your outfit", Usually, I am okay with leggings. She just can't tell the difference between footless tights and leggings. I don't care if they are black and footless, but there is a difference between leggings and footless tights, and footless tights should never worn pants... like ever!

LOL! I have had some pretty awesome debates with my stepdaughter about wearing leggings to school (for the most part she adheres to the dress code, but sometimes there are some moments when even her Dad is like "Please change your outfit", Usually, I am okay with leggings. She just can't tell the difference between footless tights and leggings. I don't care if they are black and footless, but there is a difference between leggings and footless tights, and footless tights should never worn pants... like ever!

Right witcha on that one. I've reached the point, at my advanced age, where I can wrap my head around leggings under a short dress or skirt, but the no-pants look--feh.

I think my kids' school dress code is similar to that Spider Burps. I don't have any daughters so I don't pay much attention to the rules for "young ladies," but I recall something about shorts and fingertips. And there's something about clothes that are too tight. Basically, you can't wear anything that might be a distraction.

For boys, not only is the principal not having any baggy pants with drawers showing, the kids also can't wear holey jeans. I got a call once when Son #1 was in 6th grade to bring him another pair of pants to school because his jeans had A HOLE in them. He wasn't wearing totally torn-up holey jeans; one small hole had appeared in the thigh and neither of us noticed. I believe one of Son #1's friends got detention once for wearing holey jeans!

They run a tight ship.

I think my kids' school dress code is similar to that Spider Burps. I don't have any daughters so I don't pay much attention to the rules for "young ladies," but I recall something about shorts and fingertips. And there's something about clothes that are too tight. Basically, you can't wear anything that might be a distraction.

For boys, not only is the principal not having any baggy pants with drawers showing, the kids also can't wear holey jeans. I got a call once when Son #1 was in 6th grade to bring him another pair of pants to school because his jeans had A HOLE in them. He wasn't wearing totally torn-up holey jeans; one small hole had appeared in the thigh and neither of us noticed. I believe one of Son #1's friends got detention once for wearing holey jeans!

They run a tight ship.

Anyone who has been a parent to boys knows holes in jeans can happen in a split second! Honestly, if my kids weren't allowed to wear jeans with holes at the knees, I'd be in the poor house constantly buying jeans.

I had hospital births, but my first one was a week before my due date so was quite a surprise. One of the nurses brought me potato soup from the cafeteria after the birth at 2pm and cafeteria food or not, it was the BEST soup I've ever had (let me tell you, roadkill would have tasted good after all that birthin'!). A friend brought an ice cream cake and champagne a couple of hours later, and that went down really good, too! Ahhhh, the memories.

Throughout my entire pregnancy I constantly and desperately craved a roast beef sub from Jimmy John's, which of course I was not permitted to have. Literally the first thing I did after our kid was born (2 weeks overdue, induction, 30 hours of labor, and finally a c-section) was to send my husband to the Jimmy John's that was conveniently two blocks away from the hospital. It was the best sandwich ever. :dance:

what wrong with roast beef sandwiches?

My midwives told me that cold cuts/lunch meat was off limits because of the risk of listeria, which can cause a miscarriage. If I wanted to eat it I had to heat it up until it steamed first - which, in my opinion, completely defeats the purpose of a roast beef sandwich. Apparently not all practices give this recommendation, but mine was really anal about it.

Interestingly, since bingeing on those initial OMG SO AMAZING sandwiches, I have not wanted to eat anything from Jimmy John's since.

Right witcha on that one. I've reached the point, at my advanced age, where I can wrap my head around leggings under a short dress or skirt, but the no-pants look--feh.

I just realized I didn't finish my thought...

I meant to add that in my corner of the world up here in the Godless North, I have always felt that as long as parents paid attention to dress codes, than why do Public Schools need a Standard of Dress or School Uniform. Then on the first day of school last year, I saw a little girl (I swear she could not have been more than eight) was wearing go-go boots, daisy dukes, and a tank top...and then bam... I saw the light. If parents are foolish enough to think that is an appropriate way for their little girl to dress for school, than maybe there is a need for a standard of dress in public schools.

My stepdaughter has asked that I wait until she graduates before I begin any crusades on school dress codes.

We had that rule at the SDA church school (well, one of them) that I went to for Elementary. I hated it --the pants would actually leave me a rash because they'd rub painfully. I liked to wear stretch pants, always have, because they're more comfortable and don't rub. And I hated wearing belts. They made going to the bathroom extra difficult.

So yeah, I lived, but seriously, who wants to get rashes from their "dressy" clothing? I stopped wearing dresses altogether at that time too, since the only dresses girls were allowed to wear were ugly navy jumpers. Pants outfits, though, were allowed all the color we wanted.

At the SDA Academy I went to for high school, you couldn't wear blue jeans. You could wear black jeans, purple jeans, and hot pink jeans with bright yellow polka dots, but not blue. The exception was if you had to work at either the mill or the industries.

Even a lot of the faculty saw it as really bizarre, but because of the old people in power, they couldn't do much to change it, either.

Our (Alabama)schools finally started with the dress code for tucked-in shirts and belts for boys, but in their defense, it was because we can't get rid of the ridiculous fashion statement of boys hanging their jeans below their asses. It's ridiculous that it had to go to such an opposite extreme, but it gets old seeing jeans sag completely below butts to the point that the wearer has to hold them to keep them from falling down around their ankles. A friend who is in law enforcement has tried to enlighten them that the trend started in prison for males who wanted to show that they were available, but so far that has not helped much.

My sons are 13 and 10 and have no interest in "saggin'", although the low-rise jeans are really all I can find for my 13yo (and yes, his undies would show if I bought him shirts that weren't long enough, but he's actually taken to wearing a belt to make them more comfortable (but he doesn't tuck his shirts in!).

We were driving one day and were taking a left across traffic to enter a parking lot but had to wait until a pedestrian walked by the driveway. He was saggin' like the best of the best, but stopped walking right in the middle of the driveway on the sidewalk and pulled his pants DOWN a few inches -- I guess they were riding up on him as he was walking! We all burst into laughter! I'm guessing that image will keep my kids from wanting to sag in the future. Soooo funny!

on the bus system round here they won't let anyone on with pants hanging down...the signs say show disapproving grannies clearing at such a person :lol:

I live in KY and most of the schools in my school district have very strict dress codes that requires uniforms. Most schools require khaki, blue, or black pants and polo shirts. Boys and girls both must wear belts with their shirts tucked in. The girls can wear skirts but must be so many inches above the knee. Some schools go as far requiring certain colored shoes because of gang colors. Both of my daughters attended schools with these dress codes and I think the dress codes are a bit ridiculous.

Luckily, my son attends a school that doesn't have a uniform dress code. The boys are not allowed to wear the tank looking t shirts. The girls cannot wear daisy dukes, tank tops, or tube tops. But they can all wear shorts and flip flops. My son usually wears basket ball shorts and some type of t shirt with his slides all year long.

Hmmm.... Davie still hasnt fixed this...

[attachment=0]typo.JPG[/attachment]

David, you "gleaned" an extra "T." Please return it to its owner!

Plus a runon sentence. :penguin-no: :penguin-no: :penguin-no:

My 12 year old is growing SO fast. The begining of THIS school year, she was a size 0, now she is a size 7! That is 3 sizes that we have had to go out and buy within 6 months--hits us right in the wallet, lol! Sure, Mr. MorbidAwe and I are both very tall (he is 6'5" and I am 6'), so her height is no surprise. ANYway, back to my point, that poor child has had to wear too tight/too short for a little while before we bought her a bigger sized wardrobe. I'm surprised the school never called us about that. What they did call us about was the dress that WAS her size, but they deemed "too short" because, essentially, my daughters legs are too long. Mr. MorbidAwe had to rush back home before he started work to bring her a pair of pants, and, wouldn't you guess it? They were too tight and too short (IMHO), but at least the school didn't say anything about it. FTR, we live in the bible belt. Flash back to the same school 10 years earlier, when my other daughter was attending, they attempted to suspend her until we got rid of the unnatural and distracting colors in her hair. Puh-lease, she had aqua tips which I myself helped her do. I wasn't having ANY of that, and now the kids are allowed to have "unnatural and distracting" hair. You are welcome, kids; feel free to express yourself and have fun!

What does it mean by first " official Waller" grandchild and 'therd' grandchild? Does David have a sister or sisters with kids but his son is special because it carries the Waller name?

Archived