IGNORED

Littlest Pecan Thief: Priscilla & David Waller's Baby

happy atheist

What does it mean by first " official Waller" grandchild and 'therd' grandchild? Does David have a sister or sisters with kids but his son is special because it carries the Waller name?

Yes, I believe he does.

See here:

http://davidlovespriscilla.com/about-us/david-story/

Granted. I only have 1 sister, but if I had had a brother, I'm sure that the last name of the grandchild would never even be brought up, let alone thought of!

On the other hand, Mr. Morbid's 'Good Ole Southern Mama' makes it rather obvious that she loves her daughter's daughter far more than her son's, there are 6 pics of my neice for every one of my daughter displayed in her house. It goes a lot further than that, but I don't have all night. I think she views it as "well at least I am SURE that my daughter's daughter is related!" Maybe I should point out that she's far from fond of her Yankee daughter-in-law (yes! Sweet little ole ME!), and doen't want to completely accept the product thereof. After all, as the old saying goes, "it's a wise child who knows it's father"! She's an old school Southern Baptist, for the record. The only reason I even mention that is because I find her brand of Christianity hard to grasp, from the way she behaves. Most good Christians I know would love irregardless.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I live in KY and most of the schools in my school district have very strict dress codes that requires uniforms. Most schools require khaki, blue, or black pants and polo shirts. Boys and girls both must wear belts with their shirts tucked in. The girls can wear skirts but must be so many inches above the knee. Some schools go as far requiring certain colored shoes because of gang colors. Both of my daughters attended schools with these dress codes and I think the dress codes are a bit ridiculous.

Luckily, my son attends a school that doesn't have a uniform dress code. The boys are not allowed to wear the tank looking t shirts. The girls cannot wear daisy dukes, tank tops, or tube tops. But they can all wear shorts and flip flops. My son usually wears basket ball shorts and some type of t shirt with his slides all year long.

I worked in a large urban school district with many immigrants and refugees. Half or more of the public grade schools have uniforms and all the middle schools do. Some of those schools, with more than 90% students on free lunches, supply the uniforms for the students. It really makes life easier for parents in the morning, and it cuts down on the distraction at school when kids come dressed inappropriately. My kids went to Catholic schools and always had uniforms. It suited us fine.

What does it mean by first " official Waller" grandchild and 'therd' grandchild? Does David have a sister or sisters with kids but his son is special because it carries the Waller name?

Bless his little heart. He just wanted his son to be the first at something. Since sister's children are the first granddaughter and grandson (and Priscilla already has a lot of nieces and nephews) by golly his child had to be the first at something too! I guess the grandchild with the Waller last name is something to brag about.

My Dad's parents loved and accepted every child that entered their life. When they passed away their obituaries listed the names of their grandchildren, great grandchildren and great great grandchildren. The obituary did not indicate which grandchildren where theirs by blood, marriage, or adoption. Heck, even my friends refered to my Grandparents as Grandma and Grandpa. As far as they were concerned it did not matter how their grandchildren entered their lives, they loved them unconditionally.

When my daughter was first born, someone asked my Dad (in front of his older grandaughter, who the daughter of my stepbrother) how did it feel to finally have a "real" grandchild. It took about every ounce of him to keep his cool. He said, I don't know what you are talking about. I have been a Grandfather for about five years now, and do not know what you mean by real. The same thing happened to my Stepmother's ex-husband (my niece's grandfather). A friend of his asked him why my daughter refers to him as Grandpa, since he does not belong to him. He was shocked. He was like, that little girl may not belong to me, but she is very important to my son and granddaughter, and therefore she is important to me.

So I tend to roll my eyes at people who start in on "offical" grandchild crap. :roll:

Flash back to the same school 10 years earlier, when my other daughter was attending, they attempted to suspend her until we got rid of the unnatural and distracting colors in her hair. Puh-lease, she had aqua tips which I myself helped her do. I wasn't having ANY of that, and now the kids are allowed to have "unnatural and distracting" hair. You are welcome, kids; feel free to express yourself and have fun!

My husband and I both grew up in the Bible Belt and went to the same schools. Before we even met, we both got suspended in middle school for having "unnatural and distracting hair." Mine was pink (on accident! I tried to dye my almost-white hair red) and Mr Burps had done his green for the summer because his mom let him. We both missed days of school trying to get the stupid "temporary" dye out. All either of us wondered during the suspension was, "How is this a punishment?" "Non-human colored hair" is still a no-no in that school district, though. Our moms weren't as cool as you ;)

Yep...."weird" (school's definition) hair color will still get you suspended from school here in Tiny Town in the Bible Belt. This begs the question....who is distracted, the kids or the grown ups? Newsflash schools. Weird hair color is the least of your problems.

My husband and I both grew up in the Bible Belt and went to the same schools. Before we even met, we both got suspended in middle school for having "unnatural and distracting hair." Mine was pink (on accident! I tried to dye my almost-white hair red) and Mr Burps had done his green for the summer because his mom let him. We both missed days of school trying to get the stupid "temporary" dye out. All either of us wondered during the suspension was, "How is this a punishment?" "Non-human colored hair" is still a no-no in that school district, though. Our moms weren't as cool as you ;)

I came home with pink hair when I was 16, and my parents made me put bleach, windex, and whatever else was under the kitchen sink in it to get the pink out. I never understood why. I figure why not let the kids have fun with their hair and express themselves while they are young? Once they have to start working for a living, they probably won't be able to have electric green hair.

Agree completely. Most jobs limit dress style and hair colour so enjoy being young while you can. (My blue hair just scrapes under the notice of my boss.)

My son had a green afro when Erin Bayes made her famous "don't want to sit next to a boy with green hair" statement and I have never wanted to reach through the tv and shake someone so badly. What happened to not judging people on the outside? You won't find a much nicer lad than my son.

It's normal for UK state schools to have uniforms. My secondary (age 11-16) school even restricted what colour hair ties and socks we could wear, and we were only allowed to wear black coats.

It's normal for UK state schools to have uniforms. My secondary (age 11-16) school even restricted what colour hair ties and socks we could wear, and we were only allowed to wear black coats.

Our primary school (age 5-12) had three regulation colours for hairties, uniform socks, uniform jumpers and uniform rain jacket (I mean a puffy, insulated, fitted zip-up coat, not one of those $2 things). My grandmother knit my jumper instead so I stuck out, but was very comfy.

Same in Aus. My son attends an ebil government school and rebels by wearing patterned socks instead of grey with gold and black bands! (Uniform is grey trousers, white shirt with school logo, black and gold striped tie, grey socks with black & gold bands, black shoes, black jumper with school logo. Girls wear the same but with white socks instead of grey and a black and white skirt instead of grey trousers.)

A few years ago at my school (also government) we had problems with the girls wanting their skirts to drag on the floor so they would undo them at the waist, pull them down, then pull their blouses down over the top. Teachers were roaming the corridors telling students to pull their skirts up so they ONLY came to their ankles. That fashion has passed so now we are back to reminding kids to do their ties up properly and to take their hats off inside. (Most schools here have a rules "No hat. No play." Essential in an Australian summer. Our students are really good at wearing hats as they don't want to miss out on play but they constantly forget to take them off when coming back indoors.)

My 12 year old is growing SO fast. The begining of THIS school year, she was a size 0, now she is a size 7! That is 3 sizes that we have had to go out and buy within 6 months--hits us right in the wallet, lol! Sure, Mr. MorbidAwe and I are both very tall (he is 6'5" and I am 6'), so her height is no surprise. ANYway, back to my point, that poor child has had to wear too tight/too short for a little while before we bought her a bigger sized wardrobe. I'm surprised the school never called us about that. What they did call us about was the dress that WAS her size, but they deemed "too short" because, essentially, my daughters legs are too long. Mr. MorbidAwe had to rush back home before he started work to bring her a pair of pants, and, wouldn't you guess it? They were too tight and too short (IMHO), but at least the school didn't say anything about it. FTR, we live in the bible belt. Flash back to the same school 10 years earlier, when my other daughter was attending, they attempted to suspend her until we got rid of the unnatural and distracting colors in her hair. Puh-lease, she had aqua tips which I myself helped her do. I wasn't having ANY of that, and now the kids are allowed to have "unnatural and distracting" hair. You are welcome, kids; feel free to express yourself and have fun!

Try being in the UK! Nearly all schools have uniforms here. My daughter's uniform is black trousers or knee length skirt, black knee high socks or tights, white button up shirt which the top button must be fastened, clip on purple striped school tie, black cardigan with the school logo embroidered on, black and purple blazer with the school logo embroidery. Her coat has to be black or grey or you can buy a coat from school which is plain black with school logo embroidery. Shoes have to plain black with no logos - although my daughter gets a provision for that as she HAS to wear Peidro boots (hers are purple!). Her PE kit is black shorts with purple stripe, school logo'd black and purple polo shirt, hooded sweatshirt - again school embroidered and black trackpants with the embroidery. Black trainers and football socks with the name of the school on them. Everything bar the white shirts had to come from the school. It cost an absolute fortune.

The Catholic high schools here (which are government funded) have uniforms, but it's almost pointless because they don't regulate them enough. Half the time they look messy and slouchy like a white button-up shirt stuck over baggy grey sweatpants. Most of the girls who choose to wear the skirts hike them up as high as possible. I knew a girl who wore multi-cultured tights and decorated her uniform with all kinds of pins and badges. It makes no difference to me if people do this, but I never understood what the point of requiring uniforms was if you weren't even going to enforce them.

Try being in the UK! Nearly all schools have uniforms here. My daughter's uniform is black trousers or knee length skirt, black knee high socks or tights, white button up shirt which the top button must be fastened, clip on purple striped school tie, black cardigan with the school logo embroidered on, black and purple blazer with the school logo embroidery. Her coat has to be black or grey or you can buy a coat from school which is plain black with school logo embroidery. Shoes have to plain black with no logos - although my daughter gets a provision for that as she HAS to wear Peidro boots (hers are purple!). Her PE kit is black shorts with purple stripe, school logo'd black and purple polo shirt, hooded sweatshirt - again school embroidered and black trackpants with the embroidery. Black trainers and football socks with the name of the school on them. Everything bar the white shirts had to come from the school. It cost an absolute fortune.

:lol: Ditto except exchange black for green and a KILT!

what was david doing at the baby shower?

there is no other male in sight! he is the only one

did he really need to "protect" her at such an event too?

what was david doing at the baby shower?

there is no other male in sight! he is the only one

did he really need to "protect" her at such an event too?

Baby showers are super fun. So many cute little things! I'll bet Dave can ooooh and aaahh with the best of them.

Baby showers are super fun. So many cute little things! I'll bet Dave can ooooh and aaahh with the best of them.

every baby shower that i've ever been to - was ladies only

as it's demonstrated by all the other ladies here too! but oooooh noooo davie can't be excluded - afterall it's the first waller grandchild!

:shifty-kitty:

Bless his little heart. He just wanted his son to be the first at something. Since sister's children are the first granddaughter and grandson (and Priscilla already has a lot of nieces and nephews) by golly his child had to be the first at something too! I guess the grandchild with the Waller last name is something to brag about.

My Dad's parents loved and accepted every child that entered their life. When they passed away their obituaries listed the names of their grandchildren, great grandchildren and great great grandchildren. The obituary did not indicate which grandchildren where theirs by blood, marriage, or adoption. Heck, even my friends referred to my Grandparents as Grandma and Grandpa. As far as they were concerned it did not matter how their grandchildren entered their lives, they loved them unconditionally.

When my daughter was first born, someone asked my Dad (in front of his older granddaughter, who the daughter of my stepbrother) how did it feel to finally have a "real" grandchild. It took about every ounce of him to keep his cool. He said, I don't know what you are talking about. I have been a Grandfather for about five years now, and do not know what you mean by real. The same thing happened to my Stepmother's ex-husband (my niece's grandfather). A friend of his asked him why my daughter refers to him as Grandpa, since he does not belong to him. He was shocked. He was like, that little girl may not belong to me, but she is very important to my son and granddaughter, and therefore she is important to me.

So I tend to roll my eyes at people who start in on "official" grandchild crap. :roll:

This reminds me of my ex-MIL-#2: When her favorite son (the alcoholic adulterer) told her that he was going to be a father, she crowed, "I'm going to be a GRANDMOTHER!" Right in front of her two grandsons (the children of my ex, her non-favored child).

And most of the children of my daughter's friends call me "Grandma Hane." It's an honor.

This reminds me of my ex-MIL-#2: When her favorite son (the alcoholic adulterer) told her that he was going to be a father, she crowed, "I'm going to be a GRANDMOTHER!" Right in front of her two grandsons (the children of my ex, her non-favored child).

And most of the children of my daughter's friends call me "Grandma Hane." It's an honor.

Oh Hane, My heart just broke for those boys, I hate when people are thoughtless like that. A world of difference if she had said: "I am going to be a Grandmother, AGAIN!"

My Grandma used to say that Mrs. Cuthbert was her mother. She and my Grandpa looked at it as an honor too. My husband's Great Uncle is 90, and everyone calls him Uncle George. He loves it! I don't think he would know how to respond if someone called him Mr. Young.

I'm glad we have uniforms. I barely spend anything on clothing for my boys in winter. And they are lucky. Their uniform is red and navy sweats with a polo shirt (all crested). Super comfy for little kids. They change to a formal uniform age 9.

Oh, I'll just bet he can! LOL! I'm sure it was a very gay event, everyone was smiling in the pics!

I'm glad we have uniforms. I barely spend anything on clothing for my boys in winter. And they are lucky. Their uniform is red and navy sweats with a polo shirt (all crested). Super comfy for little kids. They change to a formal uniform age 9.

Oh that's a much better system! Formal uniforms must be so uncomfortable for little kids, especially at the start of term when the trousers are still all stiff.

Edited to add that school uniforms are SO useful for teachers when out of field trips. Honestly, I think school uniforms are a great idea - although I think there should be more effort to make them comfy rather than obsessively smart *glares at secondary school*.

My M-I-L is evil like that. 6 pics of the favored grandchild for every one of my daughter. I promise, my daughter notices! It hurts her feelings. At this point, my daughter doesn't seem to much like her Mema (my MIL). She's polite, but can't wait to leave when we visit. You reap what you sow!

My M-I-L is evil like that. 6 pics of the favored grandchild for every one of my daughter. I promise, my daughter notices! It hurts her feelings. At this point, my daughter doesn't seem to much like her Mema (my MIL). She's polite, but can't wait to leave when we visit. You reap what you sow!

Someone is chopping onions near me, that is why my eyes are watery.

My heart is broken for your little girl too. What the heck is wrong with people?

My paternal grandmother played favorites to a ridiculous degree. My brother (the "only one who can carry on the family name") was always number one of her fourteen grandchildren. The number fourteen ranking was always a toss up between another female cousin and me especially when we were all adults as we were the ones not yet married and with no children. I personally think I was the winner because I had the distinction of growing up entirely outside the "home state" since my parents moved away when I was not quite two. Dear lovely grandma often referred to me as the "(other state) child" when introducing me to people and told me more than once that I wasn't really a member of the family because of it. My brother, on the other hand, was seven when we moved so it was okay. And there was the family name nonsense. Irony: he was never married to his only child's mother and she decided to give their son her own last name. Oops.

My paternal grandmother played favorites to a ridiculous degree. My brother (the "only one who can carry on the family name") was always number one of her fourteen grandchildren. The number fourteen ranking was always a toss up between another female cousin and me especially when we were all adults as we were the ones not yet married and with no children. I personally think I was the winner because I had the distinction of growing up entirely outside the "home state" since my parents moved away when I was not quite two. Dear lovely grandma often referred to me as the "(other state) child" when introducing me to people and told me more than once that I wasn't really a member of the family because of it. My brother, on the other hand, was seven when we moved so it was okay. And there was the family name nonsense. Irony: he was never married to his only child's mother and she decided to give their son her own last name. Oops.

Karma, Baby!

Archived