IGNORED

Littlest Pecan Thief: Priscilla & David Waller's Baby

happy atheist

My respect for Priscilla just grew 10,000 times bigger... 26 HOURS of labor?! Go Priscilla!

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

W.O.W. I like the current trend here of using stones other than diamonds in wedding rings (if you must have a stone). The colored stones are so much prettier, I think. The center stone in my wedding ring was set really high because it was deep, so I caught it on things a lot when I first was wearing it, broke a couple prongs over the years. If I ever marry again, it will be nothing but simple gold band for me.

W.O.W. I like the current trend here of using stones other than diamonds in wedding rings (if you must have a stone). The colored stones are so much prettier, I think. The center stone in my wedding ring was set really high because it was deep, so I caught it on things a lot when I first was wearing it, broke a couple prongs over the years. If I ever marry again, it will be nothing but simple gold band for me.

So who posted

"He's a sweet as a Pecan pie! Blessings y'all!

That had to be someone from here, right?

RE: The strange baby pictures where the baby is a prop..... pics like those are all over Pinterest. They are the latest trendy "thing". Babies wearing wedding rings on their toes, baby feet encircled by mom's hands and dad's hands in a heart, babies lying on the backs of older sibs, a'la sibling sandwich, babies in ball gloves, baskets, wheelbarrows, and buckets. It's a big YUK for me, but the trendoids seem to love them.

RE: The strange baby pictures where the baby is a prop..... pics like those are all over Pinterest. They are the latest trendy "thing". Babies wearing wedding rings on their toes, baby feet encircled by mom's hands and dad's hands in a heart, babies lying on the backs of older sibs, a'la sibling sandwich, babies in ball gloves, baskets, wheelbarrows, and buckets. It's a big YUK for me, but the trendoids seem to love them.

Makes me weirdly nostalgic for regular old Olan Mills studio portraits!

it all started with the ann geddes fad...you know babies dressed up as bedbugs and weevils and that kind of thing. I myself think a sweet, clean and healthy infant has enough adorability to make a photo wonderful and memorable without the hoopla ;)

My respect for Priscilla just grew 10,000 times bigger... 26 HOURS of labor?! Go Priscilla!

If she labored for 26 hours at home with no pain relief, I hope it was what she really wanted to do. The thought of a woman who is supposed to be submissive laboring at home makes me queasy. Reminds me of when Anna was in labor and she started saying she couldn't do it. I wanted to reach through the screen and punch Josh and everyone else.

Oh my God, in that second picture at robertloveskendalyn you can see Paul is bigger than Sauntina when he's a couple of hours old and little Sauntina is almost one year! Poor Prissy :/ And even bigger kudos to her looking positively radiant in the 12h old Paul video.

The latest post on robertloveskendalyn.com is a "welcome baby Waller"-type post with some pictures from a post-birth baby shower.

/Public Service Announcement :)

post-440-14451997417554_thumb.jpg

She appears to be wearing amber "teething beads." I'm impressed they would use something so "vogue." I wonder how old they think the amber is!

David sure does have a thing for King Size candy. First the snickers in Australia, now peanut butter cups here.

For some reason, I am heartened that Kendalyn is wearing somewhat artsy jewelry (by fundie standards) Most of those women go for outdated or just very traditional jewelry.

As soon as I saw this pic I gasped as she is holding peanut butter which in Australia is a huge no no. The very bulk of all our schools, Kindy's Day Care, Dance classes, Swim classes are all nut free as kids over here are heavily advised not to be exposed to peanuts until at least the age of 8. This is a heavily debated issuse over here is there anything like that in USA?

I think that it's only a recent tradition for men to wear wedding rings, my grandad never wore one but my dad does.

A lot of men I knew as a kid who worked in any job that involved tools or outdoor work (say, most jobs other than a desk job) may have had a wedding ring, but didn't wear it most of the time, as wearing rings doing a lot of those jobs was a way to lose a finger. My mom caught her wedding ring on a bolt on the back of a truck as she was jumping off the back of the truck on the farm-- hurt her finger and left the ring mishapen, but she didn't lose her finger. Not everyone is so lucky. Plus, a lot of guys get a wedding ring when they are early 20s, and gain weight, and don't get them resized, so they go in the drawer.

As soon as I saw this pic I gasped as she is holding peanut butter which in Australia is a huge no no. The very bulk of all our schools, Kindy's Day Care, Dance classes, Swim classes are all nut free as kids over here are heavily advised not to be exposed to peanuts until at least the age of 8. This is a heavily debated issuse over here is there anything like that in USA?

[redacted] free is similar around here in Canada, but there is no recommendation to avoid exposure until 8. My understanding is that there's no clear evidence that avoiding exposure prevents an [redacted] in any way.

PEANUT BUTTER! No you did not just say that. You hush your mouth right now and take that back. Haven't you heard of the Great Peanut Butter debate in these here parts? *runs to hide in the corner*

Did anyone else notice that in the baby shower blog post David refers to Pecan Paul as his mother's "therd" grandchild? Is it the typo of an exhausted new parent or a SOTDRT fail?

PEANUT BUTTER! No you did not just say that. You hush your mouth right now and take that back. Haven't you heard of the Great Peanut Butter debate in these here parts? *runs to hide in the corner*

Oh Im confused they say peanut butter cups on the packet, I personally love them but I can only purchase them from speciality shops down here for like $5.00 a pop so I did have a little fundie envy moment!

As soon as I saw this pic I gasped as she is holding peanut butter which in Australia is a huge no no.

?? Letting a one-year-old touch plastic packaging that contains a peanut product is a no-no? Must've missed that one...

I actually had that conversation with my fiance. He thought 3 months salary was fair. I told him if he had that kind of money to spend, I'd be mad if he spent it all on a ring.

So we got my ring from Overstock, took a vacation, and put more money into our house.

He paid 990.00 for my ring, valued at 1280.00. Love Overstock.

That's what I'm talking about - seems a lot more practical than pouring it into a piece of jewellery.

If she labored for 26 hours at home with no pain relief, I hope it was what she really wanted to do. The thought of a woman who is supposed to be submissive laboring at home makes me queasy. Reminds me of when Anna was in labor and she started saying she couldn't do it. I wanted to reach through the screen and punch Josh and everyone else.

I had the "I can't do this" chat with my husband when I was in labour. I really could not have done any more - I felt so strongly for Anna having that moment, because I had access to pain medication and two trained and experienced labour and delivery nurses. Thankfully, the nurses got me gas to breathe, and that took the edge off the pain so I could get through. I had a 7 hour labour with a 9lb+ baby. I can't imagine 26. I hope Priscilla got to have the birthing experience she wanted.

Of bigger concern to me are all the things she's expected to be up and about for - dinner, showers etc. Birth is exhausting - she needs rest and time to bond with her little pecan.

Priscilla's soft voice and sweet nature will probably be very enchanting to TLPT...for the first few years, anyway. I sincerely feel sorry for Pris, being the 'helpmeet' to a man who seems to be, well, lets just say if there is a prayer closet in their house, he hasn't come out of it, yet. And I am not trying to imply that he is off praying in a literal closet. Not that our little Pris is the brightest bulb in the fixture, but being married to someone who would probably rather be elsewhere is hard for anyone.

Archived