IGNORED

Littlest Pecan Thief: Priscilla & David Waller's Baby

happy atheist

I love the pregnant boudoir shots. I think women are their sexyist when preggers!

I know a lot of people like the word "preggers", but I think it's offensive. And I'm not conservative. I just think it's a terrible slang word that doesn't do justice to the importance of what the body is doing sustaining another life. I have delivered two live children and been pregnant 4 times, and I really do think it's a miracle to which the truck-stop word "preggers" doesn't quite do justice.

Just had to state my opinion. Maybe it's a generational thing or a regional thing. Or just a ME thing.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I blame Anne Geddes. :D

:shock: Your age is showing! Mine is obviously not as I have no idea who you mean :P

I know a lot of people like the word "preggers", but I think it's offensive. And I'm not conservative. I just think it's a terrible slang word that doesn't do justice to the importance of what the body is doing sustaining another life. I have delivered two live children and been pregnant 4 times, and I really do think it's a miracle to which the truck-stop word "preggers" doesn't quite do justice.

Just had to state my opinion. Maybe it's a generational thing or a regional thing. Or just a ME thing.

I'm not fond of it but the term I really hate is knocked up. TheFeministBreeder uses it a lot. It's demeaning and takes away from the miracle that is the creation of new life.

Tom Paine is no Anne Geddes.

Definitely. I just meant that she seems to have been the source of the need for Baby Pictures as Still Life (with unusual props) fad.

But you probably knew that.

:shock: Your age is showing! Mine is obviously not as I have no idea who you mean :P

Why you young whippersnapper! Geddes is one of them new-fangled rotogravure (or is it daguerrotype?) people.

Damn hippies.

:lol:

I'm not fond of it but the term I really hate is knocked up. TheFeministBreeder uses it a lot. It's demeaning and takes away from the miracle that is the creation of new life.

Agreed. Both "preggers" and "knocked up" seem to imply (at least to me) that there was some kind of ignorance/lack of intelligence involved in the conception and that somehow that's funny to not just call it the biological term, which is "pregnant". I'm PREGNANT, not "preggers" or "knocked up" or whatever else it might be called in other social circles. It's not a joke, it's a baby.

Definitely. I just meant that she seems to have been the source of the need for Baby Pictures as Still Life (with unusual props) fad.

But you probably knew that.

Why you young whippersnapper! Geddes is one of them new-fangled rotogravure (or is it daguerrotype?) people.

Damn hippies.

:lol:

I just want someone to post a bigger than baby head pompom hat that is so popular or was. :lol:

I think somebody gave me a Geddes book when 10 yr old was born. One of those cute books that you record things in.

(off to find one ..hat)

I just want someone to post a bigger than baby head pompom hat that is so popular or was. :lol:

I think somebody gave me a Geddes book when 10 yr old was born. One of those cute books that you record things in.

(off to find one ..hat)

Hydrangea Head. Baby with half a pumpkin on head. Ahhhh, yes, those were the days. Mid-80s, I think -- maybe early 90s.

Just went to their site to find the baby pics and also read David's Story and Priscilla's Story. Paragraph 2 of Priscilla's Story:

My mother grew up in Miami, Florida where she faithfully road the church bus to church on Sundays. She was gloriously saved when she was nine years of age.

See, I don't give a flying pig's bum about the importance of pregnancy or whatnot, but I do think that "preggers" (or its horrid cousin, "preggie") makes you sound like a five-year-old. The woman is pregnant, or having a baby, not up the pole, or knocked up, or god forbid, preggo. Then again, I like to say "gestating" and call kids "genetic extensions" ("How are the genetic extensions doing?"), so maybe I'm just a jerk.

Priscilla is extremely photogenic. She often looks beautiful in pictures, and her eyes seem to genuinely smile when she smiles.

I agree. Anna has a natural prettiness (when she doesn't hide it under too much makeup) but she doesn't photograph too well. Priscilla is beautiful and she photographs so well. Wedding photos, pregnancy photos, straight after birth photos - she always looks so nice. I think the smile in her eyes comes from her being genuinely happy. She has a husband, a beautiful baby and a nice home - everything she has been brought up to want.

I agree with other commenters though that the photos are ... unnecessary? The baby is beautiful. He doesn't need a suitcase or a lamp. I know its not a fundy thing as several friends have done the same with their babies. The difference is I just tell my friends that I think the photos are weird and I would rather see the baby. A fundy would take offence if you said anything they did was weird.

Just went to their site to find the baby pics and also read David's Story and Priscilla's Story. Paragraph 2 of Priscilla's Story:

She was gloriously saved, not just regular saved? Maybe that's what makes them so special.

I'm trying to come up with a joke about "road the church bus to church," but I'm too tired.

She was gloriously saved, not just regular saved? Maybe that's what makes them so special.

I'm trying to come up with a joke about "road the church bus to church," but I'm too tired.

Why, what's wrong with that? She road on the bus, which was being driven on the Rhode. Later she rode a boat to visit a friend in rowed Island. ;)

And that was surprisingly hard to do - I kept typing the correct word, and needing to "correct" it! :lol:

Since people have been snarking on the baby pictures, no one has mentioned the text of the post.

Children are a blessing from the Lord and we have certainly enjoyed our little blessing! It has been an incredible experience. More than words can say, pictures say it best. Here is a fun photo shoot that our dear friends, Libby Zellon and Thomas Paine. These folks were so kind to shoot our wedding and now after three days of enjoying our little one, they helped capture a few more treasures.

Is it just me or does it sound like "Oh, it was fun to play with the baby for three whole days, but now we're done being parents" I think it's the fact that he's using the past tense when speaking about parenting, it's just so strange to me. Why didn't he say "we are certainly enjoying our little blessing! We are having an incredible experience."

Man, that's a pretty adorable baby. The wedding ring thing was a little odd, but Paul's cute enough to make up for it, IMHO.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I have a soft spot for these two, especially Priscilla. I know, fundies are fundies, but they really do seem like nice people, and I wish them the best.

That said, if David tried to witness to me, I might just punch him in the face.

I thought the Duggars were bad... but these crazies absolutely fascinate me (in a terribly frightening way, of course). Prissy is pretty much the equivalent of a 12 year old... so disturbing.

Just realized this was your first post. Welcome! :)

Since people have been snarking on the baby pictures, no one has mentioned the text of the post.

Is it just me or does it sound like "Oh, it was fun to play with the baby for three whole days, but now we're done being parents" I think it's the fact that he's using the past tense when speaking about parenting, it's just so strange to me. Why didn't he say "we are certainly enjoying our little blessing! We are having an incredible experience."

He writes this in past tense because as far as he is concerned the party is over, the baby has been born and named had his moment in the sun. Now it's time to get back to filling that quiver. No need to enjoy this little blessing until again until he finds himself a helpmeet and there is a nice god honouring wedding David can arrange flowers for.

Why, what's wrong with that? She road on the bus, which was being driven on the Rhode. Later she rode a boat to visit a friend in rowed Island. ;)

And that was surprisingly hard to do - I kept typing the correct word, and needing to "correct" it! :lol:

At least she didn't say fablously saved.

The wedding rings on the baby's toes? WTH?

Um, yeah, what is up with that.

Just checked out the pictures and the ones of just the baby are better than the ones with "props". The suitcase one looked downright dangerous; what he will think of that one down the line? And the pic of the feet with the heart hands reminded me of the Jubilee picture as well.

Fundies are far too good at making these contrived, fakey, "cutesy-fail" pictures.

The pictures of Jubilee were private. The Duggars never consented for the release, so maybe its time to stfu about it.

The pictures of Jubilee were private. The Duggars never consented for the release, so maybe its time to stfu about it.

They have the pictures up on their website! Where have you been in the Jubilee fiasco? :roll:

About the whole "preggers" "preggo" thing, I never much minded those terms, although I wouldn't use them to describe someone else. My family has always been partial to "has a bun in the oven". When I was about 8 months along, I was sitting at the front desk at work. A pearl clutching type came up to me and said, "My goodness, you are greatly with child!" I just chuckled and agreed, but she seemed genuinely shocked that I was serving as the first point of in-person contact at a place of business. Her comment actually made me feel kind of uncomfortable, because of how it was presented.

P.S. Add me to the group who think Priscilla is a beauty.

If they wanted them to be private, they should not have taped the memorial service and showed it as an episode of their television show. They may not have wanted the photos released BEFORE the episode aired, but they clearly were planning on them being made public when they taped an episode of their show involving the memorial service.

About the whole "preggers" "preggo" thing, I never much minded those terms, although I wouldn't use them to describe someone else. My family has always been partial to "has a bun in the oven". When I was about 8 months along, I was sitting at the front desk at work. A pearl clutching type came up to me and said, "My goodness, you are greatly with child!" I just chuckled and agreed, but she seemed genuinely shocked that I was serving as the first point of in-person contact at a place of business. Her comment actually made me feel kind of uncomfortable, because of how it was presented.

P.S. Add me to the group who think Priscilla is a beauty.

I heard the legend 'Belly full of arms and legs,' when I was pregnant :shock:

I heard the legend 'Belly full of arms and legs,' when I was pregnant :shock:

Were you birthing an vagtopus?

Archived