IGNORED

Littlest Pecan Thief: Priscilla & David Waller's Baby

happy atheist

This is apparently a "thing" now. I have an acquaintance that is a photographer and it seems like when she posts new baby pics there is always one of these now. Along with the baby in the cocoon and a few other apparently now "stock" baby (newborn) poses.

She is secular, so it's not just a fundy thing.

When my youngest was in the NICU I noticed a lot of preemie parents did the rings on the toes/legs/arms thing, but it was to show how tiny these babies are because most of the time it is hard to grasp how small they are if you aren't there. But now it seems everybody is doing it and I don't get it at all.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you take pictures of a tiny baby you shouldn't have to play Where's Waldo to find him.

davidlovespriscilla.com/2013/03/23/handsome-fellow/davidlovespriscilla00024-3/

davidlovespriscilla.com/2013/03/23/handsome-fellow/davidlovespriscilla00023-4/

davidlovespriscilla.com/2013/03/23/handsome-fellow/davidlovespriscilla00025-2/

Eleventy props vs. tiny baby. Over exposure. Violin case!?? Just awesome fundie photography!! :?

If they wanted them to be private, they should not have taped the memorial service and showed it as an episode of their television show. They may not have wanted the photos released BEFORE the episode aired, but they clearly were planning on them being made public when they taped an episode of their show involving the memorial service.

They also gave out copies of the Jubilee pictures to the 200 people who attended the funeral.

When you take pictures of a tiny baby you shouldn't have to play Where's Waldo to find him.

davidlovespriscilla.com/2013/03/23/handsome-fellow/davidlovespriscilla00024-3/

davidlovespriscilla.com/2013/03/23/handsome-fellow/davidlovespriscilla00023-4/

davidlovespriscilla.com/2013/03/23/handsome-fellow/davidlovespriscilla00025-2/

Eleventy props vs. tiny baby. Over exposure. Violin case!?? Just awesome fundie photography!! :?

LOLOLOL! Exactly! I see candles, I see a violin, I see a furry-looking rug, and then what's that thing just above the fur? Oh, wait, is that a baby?

When I was about 8 months along, I was sitting at the front desk at work. A pearl clutching type came up to me and said, "My goodness, you are greatly with child!"

I'd have been so tempted to say, "Excuse me, I really must get back to the manger. Three wise men coming tonight for dinner, and there are sheep everywhere!".

I just noticed this flipping through the Pecan Pics -- do David and Pris have matching wedding bands?

Kinda... um... cutesy? I think it's way too thick for a women's band, but then I'm in the process of looking for my wedding band, and I like thin and sparkly, not wide and dull.

All the married couples I know have matching wedding bands, and usually plain gold bands. I wasn't aware that non-matching wedding bands were even a thing.

I see candles, I see a violin, I see a furry-looking rug, and then what's that thing just above the fur? Oh, wait, is that a baby?

I find the bible photo the strangest. I get that they want a bible in the picture to symbolize its presence in their lives, the same way people might put a football or baseball cap in the background.

If they had put the bible in the background, and the baby (Hello??) in the foreground, then this photo would make sense to me. But, this way, it's like, "Oh, look! Fuzzy in the background; I think that's Paul...".

And then there are a few photos where they focused on his face....but Paul's face is squished into a weird expression squashed up against Priscilla or David's chest**. Again, a full on head shot, even if he's sleep, would be perfect.

**And we can have a lively debate over the correct placement of "squished" vs. "squashed" in this sentence.

LOLOLOL! Exactly! I see candles, I see a violin, I see a furry-looking rug, and then what's that thing just above the fur? Oh, wait, is that a baby?

Hoarders: Buried Alive -- the baby photography episode. ;)

The whole baby in the semi closed case just gives me the creeps. It has a crime scene vibe. I agree with many on here. The baby is beautiful on his own. No need for props, especially those with an evidence tag on them. I was encouraged to see that David looked tired in the post partum video possibly indicating that he may have stayed awake with his laboring wife rather than taking a NAP!

Hoarders: Buried Alive -- the baby photography episode. ;)

LOL! :lol: But I can't watch that show. It makes me itch.

LOL! :lol: But I can't watch that show. It makes me itch.

Totally makes me anxious. Stresses me right out! Can't watch it at all.

The whole baby in the semi closed case just gives me the creeps. It has a crime scene vibe. I agree with many on here. The baby is beautiful on his own. No need for props, especially those with an evidence tag on them. I was encouraged to see that David looked tired in the post partum video possibly indicating that he may have stayed awake with his laboring wife rather than taking a NAP!

The semi-closed case one was bad, but the one with the violin propped right by the newborn head was the worst one, IMO. Unless there was someone hidden back there holding that thing in place, there is no way I'd prop something like that near my 3 day old infant's head. Too many chances for something to go wrong and that to fall on the baby.

David strikes me as a total control freak who probably didn't leave Pris alone for a second during labor. He actually looked more tired than she did.

Since people have been snarking on the baby pictures, no one has mentioned the text of the post.

Is it just me or does it sound like "Oh, it was fun to play with the baby for three whole days, but now we're done being parents" I think it's the fact that he's using the past tense when speaking about parenting, it's just so strange to me. Why didn't he say "we are certainly enjoying our little blessing! We are having an incredible experience."

My thoughts exactly; he made it sound like they borrowed the baby for a few days and were discussing how it all went just before handing him back :shock:

Lord have mercy. These are the worst baby pictures that I think I've ever, ever seen. In my life.

All the married couples I know have matching wedding bands, and usually plain gold bands. I wasn't aware that non-matching wedding bands were even a thing.

I think either is fine (matching or not), but if they are matching plain gold bands, I am used to the woman's ring being much thinner and more delicate. Priscilla's is too chunky/masculine for my taste, as well. In America, it is quite common for the woman to have either one or two (one engagement, one wedding) ring(s) that may have stone(s) set in them.

Maybe we should be glad they didn't take a page out of R&K's book and put the baby to sleep in the case :shock:

robertloveskendalyn.com/2012/07/18/at-last/

I think the bible pic is the worst. It's like, we had newborn shots of our baby, but the REALLY IMPORTANT thing here is that we are a god-fearing totally heterosexual married couple!

I like wide and plain, which isn't dull in my book. Most of the folks I know have plain matching wedding bands.

My thoughts exactly; he made it sound like they borrowed the baby for a few days and were discussing how it all went just before handing him back :shock:

Back to the library he goes!

Ok, guilty of having newborn pics taken of my little. None like D&P though. Ours were all about the baby, not the props. The photography here is just so amature...

Anyway, my 2 faves are

1) 3rd from the top on the left where Thing is holding the "It's a Boy" sign

2) The one about 1/2 way down on the right with the random toy doing massage, praying, about to commit homicide...or something over Paul's, well, ass. What a totally random picture. The symbolism completely escapes me. And the toy frightens me.

That was definitely a first for me though - I've seen couples with similar styled bands, but never two of the exact same ring, exact size/etc.

Whatever floats your boat, though. My intended wants a celtic ring, probably in yellow gold, and mine is white gold, just thin and a few stones. Never occurred to either of us to look for similar rings.

That was definitely a first for me though - I've seen couples with similar styled bands, but never two of the exact same ring, exact size/etc.

Whatever floats your boat, though. My intended wants a celtic ring, probably in yellow gold, and mine is white gold, just thin and a few stones. Never occurred to either of us to look for similar rings.

Our rings were just alike, different sizes of course. Gold band with a solid jade middle. We had them custom made. Later we saw similar ones in jewelry stores.

I've been amused by the discussion about how masculine Pris's ring is as it is exactly the same as my mother's ring. I've never thought of it as masculine. She always said it was plain so it wouldn't take away from her beautiful engagement ring. I've never thought to ask about the thickness of the band - it's just how it is.

I'm more interested in Davy's ring. I grew up in a world where only women wear rings. Real men do not because they have jobs as engineers, mechanics, farmers, etc where wearing a ring is likely to lead to your finger being caught in and possibly ripped off by machinery. Rings were for inner city, stuck up, lawyer-types. Fundy men spend a lot of time trying to be super masculine so it seems really contradictory to me that they would then wear a ring. Hubby, who has many fundies in his family, says it is because they want to brag that they are married and are having sex.

(My husband, who is a very gentle, sweet man, would not be seen dead in a ring. We do match though as I don't have one either.)

As for the photos, I was also thinking really bad take off of Anne Geddes. The difference is that Anne Geddes was an artist who used babies as part of her art. Is Davy lending his baby out to people to be a model or is he trying to get a collection of photos for the family album? If it is the former, he should be charging a fee and if the later, he needs to get himself a different photographer. I showed the photos to hubby who said "they do know it's a baby, don't they?".

Guest Anonymous

Definitely, these photos are the spawn of Anne Geddes. I hated her work at the time. I think that David is just in the business of accepting freebies from anyone who offers.

I think ring-wearing traditions have varied at different times and in different parts of the world. I don't see anything odd in P & D's rings. I like plain chunky wedding rings myself.

Archived