IGNORED

"Duggars, Dates, and Dan" (season 7, episode 12)

dormouse

Here's how I imagine this happening:

"Don't date. Because you will get pregnant. And die. Don't date in the missionary position, don't date standing up. Just... don't do it. Okay? Here, everybody take some purity rings."

Sorry. Major Mean Girls geek here. I couldn't resist. :D

Perhaps it's on CARBON dating, a subject they are just as expert on.

This, right here, is why I love this board.

I love how these people view as a legitimate action to solving a problem, rather then just doing it themselves. The website mentions them praying about *everything*. At one point a girl prays about her lost contact lens. Really?! Really?! I wasn't aware Jesus was come kind of magical 411 you could just ring up whenever. Maybe he's busy?

That's why I use St. Anthony exclusively for lost contacts. I don't want to bog Jesus down.

That's why I use St. Anthony exclusively for lost contacts. I don't want to bog Jesus down.

Wise choice, Jesus is awfully busy with all his appearances at Walmart/pieces of toast etc

Being an agnostic, I don't trouble Jesus with anything, but I must admit, St. Anthony is really on the ball. Use him as a last resort - Yo, Tony, little help here? - and he almost always comes through.

We discussed the "dating seminar" sometime back here and I laughed at a lot when I found out the Duggar girls were involved. Now I'm really anxious to see this since it was filmed for the show.

It is an utter joke that the girls who have never actually dated are the ones hosting a dating seminar. I don't know who is worse Smuggar or the girls.

One of the younger girls was very disruptive in her small group, so Sarah was going to remove her from the group for a little while by doing some one-on-one time with her. But she was resistant to both Sarah and her small group leader and would not come out of the room. So a handful of girls outside the door prayed and asked the Lord to calm this girl down so that the small group could continue without distraction. But before they had even finished praying, the girl stood up and walked right out of the room on her own initiative. They considered this a little miracle, and the small group leader (inside the room) was so surprised, not knowing about the prayer.

In magic-using paganism, this is considered malevolent magic, and you go way deep into the karmic hole for it.

LOL! Fantastic. There was a Big Love episode where one of the kids was lost and Margie started praying to St. Anthony and Nikki lost it on her. Random, but it reminded me of that.

In magic-using paganism, this is considered malevolent magic, and you go way deep into the karmic hole for it.

Right? The praying is one thing, but the praying to conform someone to your will is just.... :naughty:

It makes no sense for anyone who wants to get married to take relationship advice from Sarah Malley. She is in her mid thirties and still unmarried.

I love how these people view as a legitimate action to solving a problem, rather then just doing it themselves. The website mentions them praying about *everything*. At one point a girl prays about her lost contact lens. Really?! Really?! I wasn't aware Jesus was come kind of magical 411 you could just ring up whenever. Maybe he's busy? This is my favourite part though:

One of the younger girls was very disruptive in her small group, so Sarah was going to remove her from the group for a little while by doing some one-on-one time with her. But she was resistant to both Sarah and her small group leader and would not come out of the room. So a handful of girls outside the door prayed and asked the Lord to calm this girl down so that the small group could continue without distraction. But before they had even finished praying, the girl stood up and walked right out of the room on her own initiative. They considered this a little miracle, and the small group leader (inside the room) was so surprised, not knowing about the prayer.

No this was not a miracle. She was probably just pissed off.

What? A kid had mood swings and went from disruptive to calm in the space of a few minutes? I never knew a kid to act that way before! Surely it could only be Divine intervention.

Archived