IGNORED

"Duggars, Dates, and Dan" (season 7, episode 12)

dormouse

I was looking for a Duggars episode list on Wikipedia (catching up while recovering from my widsom teeth extraction, nothing better to do), and I found this gem about episode 12 of season 7, that will air next Tuesday:

"Dan Harris visits the Duggars for a day; the older girls host a dating seminar; Michelle is concerned when Josie becomes sick"

What the :angry-cussingblack: do they know about DATING ???

What? Why would anyone listen to them? I've got to watch that show but I have a feeling that I will want to throw things at the tv

"Dating is baaaad, mmmmkay? Ok, we're done, have a good evening everyone." :roll: :roll:

"Dating is baaaad, mmmmkay? Ok, we're done, have a good evening everyone."

Add a couple of eyerolls and that concludes the evening.

"Dating is baaaad, mmmmkay? Ok, we're done, have a good evening everyone."

:lol: I think that's exactly what it'll be! They'll rephrase it and repeat it about a million times, until the 22 minutes has passed.

I am pretty excited about this episode, though. Watching the Duggar girls talk dating is much more fun to watch than Jim-Bob and the boys cleaning out a gross rental house.

Erm, maybe it's just me but seeing as Dan Harris is the author or whatever of that no-dating book (right?), I am interpreting "hosting" as they're letting him speak and pile people into their house, not that they're the ones doing the speaking.

Joshua Harris wrote I Kissed Dating Goodbye. I don't know who Dan Harris is.

ETA: Dan Harris is apparently an anchor on Good Morning America.

Michelle is concerned when Josie becomes sick

Think the crowds, weakened immune system, constant noise, and stress could have anything to do with it, Michelle? Poor Josie...

well since mommy and daddy dated and their marriage seems to have worked why are they against dating? as people have guessed it is a anti dating lecture. but even in that the girls are clueless.

Eeeeeaaaannnnd Book, chapter number, verse number says um... like... blah blah blah which means that like, you need to keep your heart pure and not give pieces of it away... because like, when you get married to the one the Lord has for you, he needs your complete, like, everything... and as you add kids to your family you need to give your heart to them and like, keep theirs and so um... yeah. Anyways. None of us Duggar kids have been forced to believe any of this. Our parents let us choose and we just happen to agree with them because they got married at 17 and 19 so like, they're real mature and stuff.

I'm actually kind of excited for this one. Well, excited as far as Duggar episodes go. It's better than watching tooth extraction or stupid parties. Maybe they'll say something stupid or controversial? One can hope. Remember when Michelle spoke to that "mother's" group. I'm hoping at least something like that will happen. Dan Harris is on GMA, I'm guessing it will just show him filming at their house like the other side of the GMA special that aired a while back.

I'm surprised that TLC is even allowing this to get into the show. I can only guess that they are getting extremely harsh criticisms about the daughters not dating, courting, or doing anything outside of their family, and this episode is a giant middle finger to convince the rubes that the girls really want to live this way. But this is brushing up against controversial and it's definitely a risk for TLC to be associated with such an extremist book.

The only exciting thing to come out of this will be the fact that just maybe, the girls are planning an escape... even if it is only to their own fundie house down the block. Let's pray that God gives them a husband that thumbs his nose at both sets of parents and suggests college for his new wife!

Let's pray that God gives them a husband that thumbs his nose at both sets of parents and suggests college for his new wife!

I wonder what a fundie wife would do if her husband said: "wife, I want you to go to work (or college), no discussion." Would she do it to be submissive, or ???

TLC probably just called it a 'dating seminar' to make it more...acceptable? I dunno. It's probably going to be a Bright Lights seminar, the Duggars have a link to it on their website.

The purpose of each Bright Lights group is to give practical training in godliness, to encourage young woman to live the years of their youth fully for Christ, to provide edifying fellowship and accountability, and to be a group which will minister to others.

I'm not sure if its been discussed here. I'm pretty sure it was created by Sarah Mally, author of the gem 'Before You Meet Prince Charming'.

Why would anyone take dating advice from anyone as young as the Duggar girls even if they did subscribe to the practice? Its like taking the marriage advice Smuggar and Anna offered after being married for all of 5 minutes. Do not give advice when you have had limited experience or no experience with the subject.

Why would anyone take dating advice from anyone as young as the Duggar girls even if they did subscribe to the practice? Its like taking the marriage advice Smuggar and Anna offered after being married for all of 5 minutes. Do not give advice when you have had limited experience or no experience with the subject.

if your a fundy you are the proverbial expert on everything you were trained for even if you never tried it out. I am sure they are experts on boys too with the books they have read.

if your a fundy you are the proverbial expert on everything you were trained for even if you never tried it out. I am sure they are experts on boys too with the books they have read.

It's very true. When life is as prescriptive as they've made it out to be, anyone can tell you what to do. It would be just like me copying down a recipe for a friend, even though I've never made it.

Here's how I imagine this happening:

"Don't date. Because you will get pregnant. And die. Don't date in the missionary position, don't date standing up. Just... don't do it. Okay? Here, everybody take some purity rings."

Sorry. Major Mean Girls geek here. I couldn't resist. :D

Here's how I imagine this happening:

"Don't date. Because you will get pregnant. And die. Don't date in the missionary position, don't date standing up. Just... don't do it. Okay? Here, everybody take some purity rings."

Sorry. Major Mean Girls geek here. I couldn't resist. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not sure if its been discussed here. I'm pretty sure it was created by Sarah Mally, author of the gem 'Before You Meet Prince Charming'.

Oh yes. The 35-year old author who is still waiting for HER Prince Charming to make an appearance.

How encouraging! ;)

I love how these people view as a legitimate action to solving a problem, rather then just doing it themselves. The website mentions them praying about *everything*. At one point a girl prays about her lost contact lens. Really?! Really?! I wasn't aware Jesus was come kind of magical 411 you could just ring up whenever. Maybe he's busy? This is my favourite part though:

One of the younger girls was very disruptive in her small group, so Sarah was going to remove her from the group for a little while by doing some one-on-one time with her. But she was resistant to both Sarah and her small group leader and would not come out of the room. So a handful of girls outside the door prayed and asked the Lord to calm this girl down so that the small group could continue without distraction. But before they had even finished praying, the girl stood up and walked right out of the room on her own initiative. They considered this a little miracle, and the small group leader (inside the room) was so surprised, not knowing about the prayer.

No this was not a miracle. She was probably just pissed off.

Archived