IGNORED

More WTF Vine Valley "scenes"...

0 kids n not countin

Is anyone able to tell me wtf Vine Valley is actually about??

In other exciting Arndt Boy news, the other Luke, Mark, and John have now joined the family on their get-a-way. :roll:

Is anyone able to tell me wtf Vine Valley is actually about??

In other exciting Arnt Boy news, the other Luke, Mark, and John have now joined the family on their get-a-way. :roll:

I've asked about "WTF Vine Valley" before, but I've never heard any sort of explanation for it. I believe there is neither a script nor an actual plot.

The only thing I can figure is Rick is a frustrated movie star wannabe, much like he's a frustrated major league baseball player wannabe.

I wonder if any of the boys ever question why they film and film and film in the snow year after year but no movie is ever made.

Is this the same movie that they have been filming where at one point there is a clip of the father falling down in the snow acting as a homeless person who meets up with mother who is acting as a widow? I just remember that clip and it was weird.

Is this the same movie that they have been filming where at one point there is a clip of the father falling down in the snow acting as a homeless person who meets up with mother who is acting as a widow? I just remember that clip and it was weird.

Yep, it would be one and the same!

I tried to watch some of that stuff a while back, but I just got embarrassed for them and had to quit. I'm sort of weird, I feel embarrassment for someone regardless of if they actually feel it and I have to turn away. I love a train wreck but I have my limits I guess.

I've been wondering what that's about, too. And why on earth they do it. Do they think that this film will become famous or something?

I've been wondering what that's about, too. And why on earth they do it. Do they think that this film will become famous or something?

People keep talking about how the boys seem to be stuck at 12 years old. But aren't all these endless and pointless videos sort of what a bored 13 year old kid would do over a summer vacation the first year he had a camera? Honestly, I have yet to be able to watch more than a minute or two of any of them, even with fast forwarding to find something to watch. If we have to watch their lives in real time, shouldn't they be doing something interesting?

Having just watched the first season of "American Horror Story" (AWESOME, btw), I notice a chilling similarities between these eternal boys and a house full of trapped ghosts who can never leave and never change. Except that the Arndt boys and parents ARE getting older. :?

Did a bit of research. Vine Valley is supposed to be based on Rick's "yet to be completed manuscript" titled "Winter on the Mountain"... :roll:

http://famteam.com/winter/

It's painful to try to read the entire thing.

I didn't read the entire thing, but-- he clearly needs the same kind of writing workshop as the SAHD who wrote the anti-abortion story. Workshop, Writing classes and a subscription to Writer's Digest that he actually studies and contemplates. He knows as much about being a professor as the SAHD knows about being a nurse----

Plus, why start filming if you don't have the manuscript done yet? What is the point?

Did a bit of research. Vine Valley is supposed to be based on Rick's "yet to be completed manuscript" titled "Winter on the Mountain"... :roll:

Wow that was bad.... and I just skimmed it.

That's 18,708 words of pure bullshit. Total waste of time writing it, reading it, filming it, everything.

Dumb idea, no plot, terrible acting. Just another excuse to keep the manboys away from girls and other bad things.

I saw a video where one son was saying he likes these long family trips because it gives them the time to bond together more.

Seriously, wtf

• 3 weeks later...

Has the Fam Team permanently moved to WTF Vine Valley?

They've been living in a house in upstate NY for nearly a month now, the manboys are stripping wallpaper and doing electrical work, and Cathy is still being filmed walking around in the snow with that freakin' picnic basket.

G76C9494.JPG

They've been living in a house in upstate NY for nearly a month now, the manboys are stripping wallpaper and doing electrical work

I was wondering about this too. Perhaps in exchange for lodging they are doing some repairs/improvements to the house?

I also find it curious that when the dad posts, he always mentions they're staying at a farmhouse in upsate NY or whatever, what's up w/that?

And yes, does Vine Valley consist only of Mama & Papa Arndt walking through the snow, Mama w/basket in hand? WTF?

They did not move there permanently. It's just a vacation, and they are getting cheaper lodging for helping with the house. I find it strange that they go up to New York and hang around with Mennonites. I know that a couple weeks ago they even attended a Mennonite square dance, which the boys were extremely excited about. I wonder if they actually danced with any of the girls. I don't believe they could ever marry into the Mennonite community.

It's just a vacation, and they are getting cheaper lodging for helping with the house

Yes, this is what I figured.

They did not move there permanently. It's just a vacation, and they are getting cheaper lodging for helping with the house. I find it strange that they go up to New York and hang around with Mennonites. I know that a couple weeks ago they even attended a Mennonite square dance, which the boys were extremely excited about. I wonder if they actually danced with any of the girls. I don't believe they could ever marry into the Mennonite community.

How did you find out about that? I don't recall them saying anything about square dancing on their website. Do you know them in real life?

It would almost seem that Rick and Cathy are two narcissistic individuals who had their children for their own little support team. The movie is about a middle-aged man (maybe or maybe not Rick) courting a middle-aged woman (Cathy). The boys and Wizzy are .... crew members? make-up? doing chores or making potholders at home?

Get married, have lots of kids, raise them in a bigger house, keep them home for your own purposes and support until you die, and then they can have their lives. It seems that's the Arndt philosophy. No other explanation makes any sense.

IMG_20130320_083505.jpg

Mark and I just left the house near Penn Yan, New York. Our leg of this filming trip is over, and we are heading back home to join John and take care of other work duties

So Rick dragged his huge family consisting mostly of grown ass adults all the way to upstate NY for five weeks and counting in order for them to film his fictional Vine Valley vanity project. I don't know what's more incredible, his hubris or their submission to him.

At least John got some time Home Alone. Hope he rocked around the Christmas tree and slapped on some aftershave. And whatever else he felt like slapping.

So Rick dragged his huge family consisting mostly of grown ass adults all the way to upstate NY for five weeks and counting in order for them to film his fictional Vine Valley vanity project. I don't know what's more incredible, his hubris or their submission to him.

I am just so wtf about this. How in the world can several (not just one or two) grown men follow Mom and Dad like they are still kids and be ok with it? And what's going on with their lives jobwise that they can do this anyway? Typically adults at their age, even if they were still living at home, would probably have jobs to go to and can't just gallivant off at any time. And Mom and Dad carry on like this is normal somehow. It's not.

There is so much wrong with this picture.

Wow that was bad.... and I just skimmed it.

Yeah, while "reading" it, I was reminded of the line from the Sunset Boulevard: "It's fun to see how bad bad writing can be," except in this case, "fun" needs to be replaced with "excrutiatingly painful." What did the English language ever do to Rick to earn such treatment?

Yeah, while "reading" it, I was reminded of the line from the Sunset Boulevard: "It's fun to see how bad bad writing can be," except in this case, "fun" needs to be replaced with "excruciatingly painful." What did the English language ever do to Rick to earn such treatment?

I tried. My eyes glazed over. The font was the least painful thing about this textwall.

I tried. My eyes glazed over. The font was the least painful thing about this textwall.

Their entire website gives me a migraine. I keep trying (and failing) to figure out what all those subcategories are about. And why all the posting to people who are probably seated 3' away from you? Is there some family vow of silence or something? Are they required to put every.single.thought, no matter how mundane, into writing to validate their existence and/or prove they aren't thinking of anything defrauding?

There are lots of crazy-bad fundie websites out there, but I think FamTeam is among the strangest.

How... is he supposed to make a movie out of this? It's all narrative. If filming was his goal, why isn't he writing this as a screenplay instead of a narrative novel?

Also, I only made it through about two chapters of The Shack, but from what I could skim through of the Wall O' Text, I'm wondering if this is his own version of The Shack. I'm getting the same vibe from this that I did that book (well, those two chapters).

I am just so wtf about this. How in the world can several (not just one or two) grown men follow Mom and Dad like they are still kids and be ok with it? And what's going on with their lives jobwise that they can do this anyway? Typically adults at their age, even if they were still living at home, would probably have jobs to go to and can't just gallivant off at any time. And Mom and Dad carry on like this is normal somehow. It's not.

There is so much wrong with this picture.

I think some of the older ones did stay at home for a couple of weeks at the start of the holiday, doing court reporting work if I recall correctly. I remember seeing posts from them about it. I agree with you and nokidsmom in general though. The mind boggles that the 'boys' don't see how strange the whole Vine Valley thing is. Maybe they genuinely enjoy filming, and see it as a nice break from court reporting etc.?

Archived