IGNORED

yourmorals.org - quiz to determine social morality

Soldier of the One

A team of social psychologists at the University of California has devised a test to determine your morals and moral stance on a number of issues. In the light that morality politics are often a topic of discussion here, I thought I'd share the link. Taking the quiz is really interesting. Enjoy!

(You do have to register but they won't spam you :))

yourmorals.org/

Thanks for sharing, I'm checking this out now. In case anyone else has the same problem, the "title name" of the page is yourmorals.org... but to actually go to the site I had to type in yourmorals.com

That was interesting! My morals are mainly in "someone getting hurt" area and not at all in "purity".....I am more liberal than liberal, but I knew that already! LOL

Yeah me too. Too damn liberal for my own good.

And despite my wholly monogamous, heteronormative marriage, I am, apparently, not so much into purity - LOL!

Yeah me too. Too damn liberal for my own good.

And despite my wholly monogamous, heteronormative marriage, I am, apparently, not so much into purity - LOL!

We might be the same person SoldieroftheOne.

I discovered (not shockingly) that I have a preference for african americans over european americans... My roommate just laughed, because she's seen my boyfriends, and I clearly DO have a preference.

Also, I am super liberal. very pro gay. very anti purity. and I hate Romney..

I'm taking all the quizzes now. Really fascinating site. Wouldn't it be interesting to see some of our most vocal fundies fill them out? I think some of them need to be linked.

Yup, more liberal than the average liberal. The only place I was outliberaled was in respect to authority. I guess I stil have some respect going there ;)

I scored highest on harm*, followed by fairness, with loyalty and authority low and purity the lowest.

Fascinating, but not really surprising.

Edited to add that "causing harm" is a key consideration for judging something immoral, lol. It sounds a bit weird as written.

So far I am an outlier in the liberal direction in nearly every test that compares politics -- except that apparently more conservatives than liberals have high self-esteem (didn't look like a significant different, though). I barely even warrant a bar for authority or purity.

It does seem like a lot more liberals are taking these tests than conservatives (going by the numbers). A lot of the bar graphs are comparing nearly 700 liberals to 100 conservatives. I wonder if that skews things in any way, maybe by averaging out the liberal scores a bit.

Ooh, which one is that? I want to take that one.

Me too. Which one is about parenting or attachment parenting? I don't see either of those.

Me too. Which one is about parenting or attachment parenting? I don't see either of those.

Well phooey. It seems like the site takes studies off your account once you've completed them. The psychopath one was one of the first four or five studies when you newly register. The quiz has statements like "I don't care who gets hurt as long as I reach my goals" and you're asked how much you agree or disagree.

Fascinating. I took the first study--no surprise, I lean conservative but do have some mixed results.

Took the racial preference one too. Kind of surprised--my "implicit preference" for people of European descent is radically lower than the "liberal" bar as well as the"conservative" bar.

I will have to take more of these.

Archived