IGNORED

Arkansas Fetal Heartbeat Bill - Be afraid!

Buzzard

I'm trying really hard not to generalize everyone down South. I know most of the South aren't a backwards bunch of hicks who'd be more than happy to keep women barefoot and pregnant, even if pregancy is either high risk or God forbid it was due to rape or incest...

But F**k Arkansas. F**k the Duggars. Thanks TLC, for you've officially made me leave your channel for good.

Isn't this the same state that's had senators happily proclaim how much they want to take back the country from the minorities? F**k you Arkansas, you're all a bunch of redneck trash who can succeed from the country as far I'm concern.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your wish is my command:

Douchebags who drafted and sponsored the "bill written in crayon" aka "heartbeat bill"

Douchebags who drafted and sponsored the "pain" bill

Smuggles was kind enough to post how everyone voted on the "pain" bill. Its too big to embed but you can see its 75-20 in favor of this bullshit

https://twitter.com/joshduggar/status/2 ... 12/photo/1

I heart you Buzzard, A Lot. Off to make irate facebook post.

Taking Halo Off...

HOLEEEE FUCK! I live in this state. The partner and I are going to have to take some time off work for a trip to Little Rock. The partner and I are fifty or older, but we DO have four daughters who are 25 or younger. Including one with autism and developmental delays.

In the interim: We need a list of legislators who supported this bullshit. All unwanted babies should be left on THEIR damned door steps. Josh and Jim Bob need to be on the list. They want the unwanted born so badly they can help shoulder the responsibility of raising them.

It is 20 Fucking 13 we should not EVEN be having this discussion any more!

ETA Riffles

ETA I'm too fucking pissed to put my thoughts down completely

You have my sympathies.

Everyone in AR should go dump all their babies on the Duggars and anyone who supported this bill's doorsteps.

Then we should all go to TLC and boycott.

This is going to bite them in the ASS. It would be quite interesting to see Michelle Duggar get pregnant, find out that the pregnancy is going to make her pre-eclampsia worse, want to "induce labor" like she did with Josie, and realize that she can't because of the laws her party wrote. BITE. HER. IN. THE. ASS.

This is one of those things that kind of makes me sorry I ever stumbled on FJ. Seriously, the more I learn the more convinced I am that the Marching Morons are taking over and all is lost. I was much happier when I had my head in the sand. How do you fight it all?

Ignorance is bliss, as they say. At the same time, I'm glad I stumbled upon this and I'm glad these things are brought out to light here because it gets me riled up and makes me want to do something. It makes me seek out information, as Buzzard said, not from the media but from the source itself so I can form an opinion that hasn't been media-biased. It makes me want to get up off my ass and fight for everyone else. I don't live in (apparently ass backwards) Arkansas, but who's to say this won't affect me later because some jackwagon in my state decided it was a good idea once they saw it succeed in another state.

I'm not ranting at you. I feel the same way you do. Sometimes I'd rather not know what kind of dumbass backwards-ass motherfuckers I have to share air with. But it's best that we do know, even if it pains us.

eta I'm just so pissed about this. I mean, what the fuck! Why is it any of their business what women want to do with their uterus!! Aaarrggghhh! *curses in Spanish*

This is going to bite them in the ASS. It would be quite interesting to see Michelle Duggar get pregnant, find out that the pregnancy is going to make her pre-eclampsia worse, want to "induce labor" like she did with Josie, and realize that she can't because of the laws her party wrote. BITE. HER. IN. THE. ASS.

I know this is seriously horrible to say this; I wouldn't wish this on anyone, no matter how much I despised their politics....

but maybe if CLown Car got pregnant again and did pass away, they'd learn their lesson. Of course, knowing the Duggars, they'd probaly would just spin this into some kind of martyrdom which would amp the cause even worse.

And this won't end in Arkansas sadly it will spread and spread. I always said the Duggars where dangerous and their followers and this just proves it.

I am afraid for ALL women out there now.

No choices for women brilliant just what the fundies wanted. :evil: :evil: I am really angry and I don't live in your country but this will overspill and that is damn scary to.

I know this is seriously horrible to say this; I wouldn't wish this on anyone, no matter how much I despised their politics....

but maybe if CLown Car got pregnant again and did pass away, they'd learn their lesson. Of course, knowing the Duggars, they'd probaly would just spin this into some kind of martyrdom which would amp the cause even worse.

They would see it as gods doing so she could be with the fetus's in heaven bollocks knowing them.

I'm living in AR for the next year so I'm not sure if me contacting senators etc will help since I'm not a permanent resident and couldn't vote here, but you can damn well bet your ass I'm at least going to try to get my voice heard on this. When we first moved here I hadn't had time to find an OBGYN to get my birth control refilled and we had to use condoms. Which broke one night. Fertility aint my problem so thank God for plan B. I just went through the drive through and told them what I needed and boom, I had it. How wonderful was that? Didn't even need to go in. Just showed proof of age. Sneaky idiots like this just make my blood run cold. They really scare me. I'm so sorry for the women in AR and soooo glad I'll be outta here in a little over a year. Thank God I'm on Depo and accidents are super rare.

I never say this, but fuck them with a sick dick.

They would see it as gods doing so she could be with the fetus's in heaven bollocks knowing them.

You're probaly right.

My God, I'm glad that I never had a daughter because right now? I seriously think that the government would make sure that she had no control over her body by the time she reached 18.

Is abortion happening THAT much? Because I only knew one person in my life that's had one and that was basically because she was 16. Every other person that I knew who got pregnant wanted their babies so that wasn't an issue.

I'm not sure where PA stands on that, though I'm sure that there's probaly not that many providers around thanks to the government. But then again, PA has more problems at the moment other than restricting women's healthcare as much as they can.

Is abortion happening THAT much? Because I only knew one person in my life that's had one and that was basically because she was 16. Every other person that I knew who got pregnant wanted their babies so that wasn't an issue.

You probably know many more women who have had one, but they just haven't talked about it for whatever reason.

The governor's office is looking into the Heartbeat Bill on suspicion that the bill would be unconstitutional.

According to Josh's twitter, the full name of the fetal pain bill is "The Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act." A lot of scientists think that even after the formation of the nervous system, fetuses never attain a level of consciousness necessary to feel pain.

I'm really not in a position to discuss this at the moment, as I'm getting ready for spinal fusion surgery tomorrow. And, I'm just sad all around. Just heard 40 guns were stolen from a pawn shop in my town today, too. I'm sick of these hot button issues. I would like to keep my head in the sand thankyouverymuch, but I am so compelled to speak out about a woman's right to make private medical decisions now and I'm sick over it. A friend of mine's daughter got her car window broken out because of a rainbow sticker a day or so ago. Today at the pre-op appointment they asked my religion and I said Atheist. They guy didn't flinch which I thought was a good sign. But then later he asked about it, and now I'm probably going to get a clergyman visit, because he invited me to church. He'll lose his job over that HIPPA violation, I tell you what. So I'm just all emotionally crapped out right now. At any rate....

I think Democratic governor Beebe will veto the bill, but the cavemen may be able to override.

Here's a place on Facebook where you can keep up and read up what's going on.

https://www.facebook.com/events/4142368 ... l_activity

Also, the Arkansas Times is a good source for information. This is particularly telling and gag worthy: http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/ar ... M.facebook

I'm really not in a position to discuss this at the moment, as I'm getting ready for spinal fusion surgery tomorrow. And, I'm just sad all around. Just heard 40 guns were stolen from a pawn shop in my town today, too. I'm sick of these hot button issues. I would like to keep my head in the sand thankyouverymuch, but I am so compelled to speak out about a woman's right to make private medical decisions now and I'm sick over it. A friend of mine's daughter got her car window broken out because of a rainbow sticker a day or so ago. Today at the pre-op appointment they asked my religion and I said Atheist. They guy didn't flinch which I thought was a good sign. But then later he asked about it, and now I'm probably going to get a clergyman visit, because he invited me to church. He'll lose his job over that HIPPA violation, I tell you what. So I'm just all emotionally crapped out right now. At any rate....

I think Democratic governor Beebe will veto the bill, but the cavemen may be able to override.

Here's a place on Facebook where you can keep up and read up what's going on.

https://www.facebook.com/events/4142368 ... l_activity

Also, the Arkansas Times is a good source for information. This is particularly telling and gag worthy: http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/ar ... M.facebook

Those links are great! So, lets do a Duggar politician checklist:

Racist

Lying

Anti Women

"misunderstood"

Yup, Rapert fits the bill!

I'm living in AR for the next year so I'm not sure if me contacting senators etc will help since I'm not a permanent resident and couldn't vote here, but you can damn well bet your ass I'm at least going to try to get my voice heard on this. When we first moved here I hadn't had time to find an OBGYN to get my birth control refilled and we had to use condoms. Which broke one night. Fertility aint my problem so thank God for plan B. I just went through the drive through and told them what I needed and boom, I had it. How wonderful was that? Didn't even need to go in. Just showed proof of age. Sneaky idiots like this just make my blood run cold. They really scare me. I'm so sorry for the women in AR and soooo glad I'll be outta here in a little over a year. Thank God I'm on Depo and accidents are super rare.

I never say this, but fuck them with a sick dick.

There's a quote from the founder of the Grey Panthers that's good to remember in cases like this "Speak out even if your voice shakes." Remember, too, that you are still a constituent even if you can't vote in the district yet.

You probably know many more women who have had one, but they just haven't talked about it for whatever reason.

The governor's office is looking into the Heartbeat Bill on suspicion that the bill would be unconstitutional.

If this madness spreads to PA, I might seriously be leaving the country for good.

And no matter how much scientists can explain that a fetus really can't feel anything, the likes of Josh and his ilk will never seriously believe it.

Should it now be a felony for me to kill bugs? SPIDERS even? They feel pain. Is the new line between killable/hug and cuddle now the ability to feel pain? Do flowers scream when we cut them? How about grass when I step on it?

Yes, I have the ABILITY to feel pain, but anesthesia knocks me out. If there is a question that perhaps a fetus feels pain wouldnt the logical and humane option be to require an anesthetic be injected prior to an abortion rather than eliminating the option? How is it "humane" to force a woman to have a live birth (likely without anesthesia since its all about saving teh baybee) without regard to HER psychological well being?

The logic is so fucking twisted I cant wrap my brain around it.

And no matter how much scientists can explain that a fetus really can't feel anything, the likes of Josh and his ilk will never seriously believe it.

That's because they don't care one way or the other about what a fetus can and can't feel. This is all about controlling women and making sure women of child bearing age who have sex - voluntarily or otherwise - are required by law to give birth if they become pregnant.

Remember these are many of the same folks who would also like to see birth control outlawed, or at a minimum, difficult to obtain.

Ugh, ectopic pregnancies can have heartbeats.

I would guess without a real health exception this bill will be declared unconstitutional like the bills from all the other states that have tried this. I'm sure we'll be hearing the usual bullshit about judicial activism for a long time to come.

You know this could go very wrong for them imagine a generation of children raised by women who were forced into motherhood. Now imagine if many of those mothers were left leaning feminists who despite it all managed to pass on their values. Imagine kids brought up by struggling parents who went cold, hungry and homeless, because the right-wingers took away all types of welfare along with all types of birth control. Imagine growing up side-eyeing your moms pregnant belly at the dinner table knowing the "blessing" she's carrying is going to take up even more of your family's limited resources. It be kind of amusing when these kids grew up and started casting their fuck you fundies votes.

You have my sympathies.

Everyone in AR should go dump all their babies on the Duggars and anyone who supported this bill's doorsteps.

Then we should all go to TLC and boycott.

I boycotted Discovery by disconnecting my satellite service 4 years ago.

;) My Baybeez are too old to leave on the Duggar's doorstep....two of em even have "J" names and would fit right in...

You know this could go very wrong for them imagine a generation of children raised by women who were forced into motherhood? Now imagine if many of those mothers were left leaning feminists who despite it all managed to pass on their values. Imagine kids brought up by struggling parents who went cold and hungry and homeless because the right-wingers took away all types of welfare along with all types of birth control. Imagine growing up side-eyeing your moms pregnant belly at the dinner table knowing the "blessing" she's carrying is going to take up even more of your family's limited resources. It be kind of amusing when these kids grew up and started casting their fuck you fundies votes.

If these scurvy scumbags succeeded, I think there would be a huge rebellion on part of the non fundie women in this country...they might even become annoyed enough to tell their spouses they are preferring cellibacy to the risk of another or any pregnancy...which in turn might cause a large enough male cohort to join with us and push the fundie dominionists back into the church where they belong.

Drastic times call for drastic measures. It takes two to get pregnant and old Rapert and company can just suck it. :evil:

I don't think they'd learn their lesson. If a woman isn't really a viable human being to fundies (heartbeat or not) then her death isn't all that big a deal - dying on script for the cause is just another way that a woman keeps sweet. I think that a wife dying due to a medically preventable reproductive issue might be a mark of honor for the husband.

What was it they taught us in health class to say??? " You cant party without balloons!" (referring to condoms)... No pills, no thrills!

I don't think they'd learn their lesson. If a woman isn't really a viable human being to fundies (heartbeat or not) then her death isn't all that big a deal - dying on script for the cause is just another way that a woman keeps sweet. I think that a wife dying due to a medically preventable reproductive issue might be a mark of honor for the husband.

Or a way to upgrade to a newer model without it being considered sinful. I could see Jim Bob grieving for awhile, because Ithink he does love Michelle, and then when the loneliness gets to him marrying some fundie girl the J'slaves' age, and starting the breeding madness all over again. I could see him fathering another batch of kids and being like my grandad and his last being born when he's in his seventies.

Archived