IGNORED

Finally a be a doormat wife book gets reamed.

doggie

This author really gets a good reaming.

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/book ... ingle.html

There is a lot of Steve Harvey in Suzanne Venker’s new book, How To Choose a Husband, a 12-step guide for women seeking a lasting union in a culture that prepares them for anything but. The comedian and Family Feud host is quoted as an expert on marital sex: “Please—puhleeze—don’t hold out on the cookie. We don’t care about anything else.†Harvey on manhood: “Everything [a man] does is filtered through his title (who he is), how he gets that title (what he does), and the reward he gets for the effort (how much he makes). These three things make up the basic DNA of manhood.†And Harvey on female power: “Your power comes from one simple thing: you’re a woman....you’re the ultimate prize for us.â€

Soooooooo men dont have feelings and the only reason they do something is because they get something from it? The only reason men get in relationships with women is because she will have sex with him? That whether shes a good person, has a personality that is compatible with his, or anything that is not boobs or vagina doesnt even matter to him?

Wow, most men I know are not like that at all. What an awful way to see the world.

Why would a woman ever want to have sex with a man if she believes they are all sociopaths? Especially in fundie culture, they believe people can choose their sexual orientation. If both of those beliefs were true, why do women even bother with men?

Maybe fundie men wouldnt be controlling and sex obsessed if their culture didnt force them to be. If they were raised to respect women and see them as humans not walking vaginas, it would be way better.

I guess she drank Phyllis's kool-aid! My husband wound up disabled. My degree and job saved our lives. Even if you followed her script, life may not cooperate.

My favorite quote from the review:

the bathroom time she devoted to reading celebrity magazines as she pooped out roses on her lady throne

I'll be thinking of the toilet as my "lady throne" from now on. LOL--this is true femininity!

Archived