IGNORED

Introduce Yourself

Deleted04

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our fourth turned out to be triplets. When they were 2 I had a miscarriage and suffered from extreme PPD. We both agreed it was a message from God to stop there.

I found FJ because I am in treatment for breast cancer and had a lot of downtime after surgery and chemo treatments. I have been lurking here for almost a year I think.

Wow, natural born triplets are rare. Were they identical? Dr. Phil's older son is married to 1 of identical triplets.

I am a 2 time breast cancer survivor, good luck on the journey. It's not easy.

25/F/CT. Long time lurker of FJ. I'm a lifelong atheist, but find fundies fascinating. I live with my wife & cat. That's right -- I'm a gay heathen. Pray for me.

33, ebil university degree and working on all kinds of courses, married, three kids 5,3,&1. I'll read anything I can get my hands on. I knit, sell what I make, and chase kids all day. Ex-Catholic, got tangled up with the fundie variety and it nearly destroyed me. Anna T and Michelle (CoffeeCatholic) were my gateway fundies.

I'm 57, Christian-but-not-fundie, married, three adult children who attended public school, graduated from college, have jobs, and moved out, even (gasp!) the girls. I live in the Pacific Northwest and am enjoying the mild winter, but we will pay for it this summer.

I am probably more conservsative than many people here, but far less so than many in my church and extended family. I love FJ because it makes me think.

I found FJ long ago at the other site, but can't remember how. The Duggars were my gateway family when I saw the 14 Kids special. They fascinated me and I got hooked. I really want to take home some of the Duggar girls and Jackson so they can see the real world.

I am sort of obsessed with the Maxwells-I check Titus2 every morning to see what they posted. I just can't get over how isolated-I mean sheltered-these families are. I think education and reading are vital and will never understand why they avoid and forbid it. Well, I do know why, but just can't wrap my mind around that kind of thinking.

And to all the FJers from non English speaking countries, my hat is off to you for speaking and writing more than just your own language. I am so impressed by how well you all express yourselves in English. Our schools are woefully inadequate when it comes to foreign languages, at least in my area.

31, married and child-free. I work at a winery and the husband and I have 4 (!!!) cats. I grew up fundie and home-schooled, but my parents are now divorced and my siblings and I are all varying degrees of non-religious- two of us are atheists, one is a liberal non-church-attending christian. I'm an avid cook (attended culinary school and have cooked professionally in restaurants and as a personal chef.) Also a huge sci-fi, British comedy, German Beer, and grower Champagne nerd.

Fave fundies include Lady Lydia, The Botkins, flamin' Dougie, and Lina.

I am a 42-year-old female, married for 15 years, come Valentine's Day. I have a 24-year-old daughter from a previous marriage.

I have a B.A. in history from UT-Austin. I am an unapologetic left-winger. I am not working outside my home right now, due to some health issues, but my husband provides quite well for the two of us. (Thanks, Shug!)

I cook quite a bit, and I am happy that I don't need any of Wendy Jeub's helpful hints. I have worked as a journalist (writer and editor) and as a waiter, sommelier and maitre'd. I'd like to get back to restaurant work, but I cannot do it right now.

I have lived in Texas since birth, was raised in West Texas and now live in Fort Worth. I am not a stereotypical Texan, but I love my heritage. I was adopted as an infant, and I have had a relationship with both birthparents since I was 20.

I love learning new stuff, and I am fascinated by anything counter-cultural, which is why I adore FreeJinger. This site has some of the most intelligent people aboard! I also like the Snopes board. Talk about some smarty-pants!

50/f/and my profession makes many fundamentalist women fix a blank smile on their faces when I'm introduced, invites fundie men to to take verbal jabs at me, and fundie, fundie-lite, and conservative preachers to preach to me. (it's better than the pause, then a squeel "ooooooo.... gooood for yooooouuuu!!!!")

I found fj because I found Zsu's blog via FWBC because I looked up a link to pp's sermon on pissing and simply HAD to find out what kind of nut this was and where he was serving (I couldn't believe my ears and just laughed, wondering, "Is this guy for real?"). That was my entry into fundie land and I've enjoyed following a number of blogs. I like reading different opinions and many of the women who write the blogs (I've never gotten interested in the ones men write) seem like pretty pleasant people sharing their lives. I don't antagonize the blog authors.

Hi. I am 54, married 33 years, and have an accounting degree. We have an adult son and daughter who are college grads plus a grandson, 5, and granddaughter, 4, who are being raised Christian. I am an evangelical Christian, not a fundamentalist. I was raised atheist. I currently live in the midwest and lived in rural Northern Idaho for 12 years. I homeschooled my children for part of their elementary school years (mid '80s) and again for a couple high school years ('90s).

I became interested in the Duggars because I have a fundie, quiverfull friend. I was familiar with their beliefs but didn't know there was an entire movement across the country and the UK. I am from a small family and was fascinated on how a large family accomplishes domestic chores. Plus I think the younger Duggar kids are so cute and get enjoyment watching them be silly and messing around (the 6 boys mostly).

Age 53, Charlotte NC. Dead husband, two dead cats, no kids. Unless you count IVF embryos in which case I have 26. :lol:

Have you considered donating any to J'Chelle? TLC has deep pockets, sista! :P

Sorry to be crass. I can't help it sometimes.

34, and from one of the northernmost bits of the UK. One cat on my lap, two little arrows in my quiver and three degrees under my belt. Working on a PhD and a marriage.

I'm 54, married 28 years, two kids. BSN, but consider myself lucky to have been able to afford to be a SAHM. Son is in college still, daughter converted to Mormonism after HS, went to BYU and married a young man who is also Mormon. Son is very liberal though

DH and I are the token "tree hugging" liberals in the family; Quaker, midwife assisted births, cloth diapers, voted for Obama, etc.

Interesting random fact: just spun my sister's dog's fur into yarn.

I can send you a whole lot of cat hair, will that work? What kind of dog does your sister have? What are you going to make with the yard? Interesting!

I can send you a whole lot of cat hair, will that work? What kind of dog does your sister have? What are you going to make with the yard? Interesting!

I'm going to send the yarn to her, she can do what she likes with it! (it's not enough for anything big) The dog is a Goldendoodle named Fiona. ( my sister lurks on FJ, in fact she got me interested, hi sis!)

Cat hair will work if it's a long haired cat; I'd like to spin my cat's fur, but it's too short unless I blend it with wool.

-mid 40's, female, married 14 years, no children,live in Toronto Canada

-spent a ridiculous amount of time getting educated and because of this I'm now able to spend most of my time living a life of sloth and frivolity

-have two cats and one dog (all rescues - all totally have me wrapped around their paws)

-fun fact: favourite sandwich is - pickles, cheddar cheese and tabasco on toasted/buttered sour dough bread

-motto: Always wear a good bra - because some days that is all the support you will get

I'm 23, single, and a second-year law student in Ohio. My parents are a lapsed Catholic and a Baptist-in-name-only who wanted me to make my own opinions about religion. However, I spent my teen years in a suburb with a rather strong fundie-lite presence and as a result I know quite a few fundie-lites. Also, my immediate family are some of the few Democrats in my extended family: there are a lot of Republican voters, many of whom are incredibly hypocritical and have what can be best summed up as a "white trash" mindset.

I'm also a sci fi and classic lit nerd. And I have crazy retention for random bits of trivia. And I'm still wondering where the hell my letter from Hogwarts went. :D

I'm going to send the yarn to her, she can do what she likes with it! (it's not enough for anything big) The dog is a Goldendoodle named Fiona. ( my sister lurks on FJ, in fact she got me interested, hi sis!)

Cat hair will work if it's a long haired cat; I'd like to spin my cat's fur, but it's too short unless I blend it with wool.

I so want a goldendoodle, my niece has one. And Fiona, great name says the Mom of Wexford, Kilkenny, Donegal, Gaiway, and Clare. :mrgreen:

Wow, natural born triplets are rare. Were they identical? Dr. Phil's older son is married to 1 of identical triplets.

I'm a natural born triplet. :) My sisters are identical and I'm fraternal (there were two eggs, one of which split). Apparently when we were born our mother was told that the chances of having natural triplets are 1 in 10,000, but I don't know how true that is.

Who's Dr Phil?

I love spinning. I had angora rabbits for years. Curious: does dog yarn smell like a wet dog when washed?

I'm a natural born triplet. :) My sisters are identical and I'm fraternal (there were two eggs, one of which split). Apparently when we were born our mother was told that the chances of having natural triplets are 1 in 10,000, but I don't know how true that is.

Who's Dr Phil?

Sorry, I see you are in Britain. He's a PhD in psychology who has a TV talk show in the U.S.

My son had identical triplet male classmates. Their senior year of high school each triplet had a pregnant girlfriend. :oops: Their mother was furious.

And I'm still wondering where the hell my letter from Hogwarts went. :D

Same here, same here.

Or, even it's Canadian equivalent.

Sorry, I see you are in Britain. He's a PhD in psychology who has a TV talk show in the U.S.

My son had identical triplet male classmates. Their senior year of high school each triplet had a pregnant girlfriend. :oops: Their mother was furious.

I could well imagine! :think:

I am in my mid-30s, live in the PacNW. Was raised fundie Catholic, married a whacko evangelical as a virgin bride, left, and got on with my bad self.

Mother of one amazing 4 year old, married to my soul mate. I like cake, I loathe Patriarchal Dominionism and the subjugation of women/girls, and the religious takeover of politics.

FJ is my density.

Archived